Unintentionally hilarious glitches!!

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
So I was over my cousin's house playing some Fallout 3, and we started a new game.

We made our character caucasian, but when we saw the father, for some reason he was black O_O

Now I don't know if the mother's been sleeping around, or it was just a bug.. but.. yeah :S

Anyway what unintentionally hilarious glitchs or bugs have you encountered?

Cockney_Jesus

Feb 18, 2009
In Skyrim I just fired a simple ice bolt at a dragon on my level 5 mage...it launched the dragon Team Rocket style into the sky and I never saw it again.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
That's especially odd considering the PC's mother will always be black.

OT:Not sure if it counts as a glitch but this is pretty damn funny.

Esotera

May 5, 2011

Someone on this forum posted this before, I'm not trying to steal credit but I honestly can't remember who. Also there's a bug in Halo Reach where you can shoot a grunt in a specific place with the DMR and they go absolutely flying up in the air, then fall back down to the ground. Really awesome when it happens.

Ctmnt08

May 24, 2012
My favorite comes from Fallout 3: I was trooping down near Girdershade, when I saw two Deathclaws relatively far off. I took aim with my rifle and prepared to fire. Just as I readied my shot, the Deathclaw launched skyward, never to be seen...until about 3 seconds later when it appeared behind me and carved it's initials into my corpse.

crazyrabbits

Jul 10, 2012
Notable ones I have experienced:

The "White Rambi" glitch in Donkey Kong Country

The "moshing head/painful moshing" cutscene trick in the original Deus Ex

The "Doc's spinning head" tutorial glitch in Fallout: New Vegas

Max clipping through the world and falling into heaven(?) in the penultimate chapter (the airport terminal) of Max Payne 3

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Ctmnt08 said:
My favorite comes from Fallout 3: I was trooping down near Girdershade, when I saw two Deathclaws relatively far off. I took aim with my rifle and prepared to fire. Just as I readied my shot, the Deathclaw launched skyward, never to be seen...until about 3 seconds later when it appeared behind me and carved it's initials into my corpse.
You've met Lobo!

Yes, I dubbed the flying Deathclaw of Fallout 3 "Lobo the Wonder Deathclaw".

That's a good one, but my best would have to be the Dogmeat glitch. Allow me to explain...

James had just sacrificed himself. (You can't spoil this. Everybosy knows already.) And me? I have to get a bunch of scientists and such to safety. So, I tell them to wait, scout ahead, kill Enclave, come back, get them to start following...

I hear heavy breathing.

I look down...to see Dogmeat?! But...I left you at home in Megaton!

"Woof!"

*Facepalm*

I told him to stay and he hadn't been with me the whole time. Suddenly, he was here! HOW?!

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Just yesterday I was playing infamous 2 and some ice guy was just running back and forth back and forth back and forth in the same spot...like a dance

also I was fighting s big swamp monster and out of nowhere it just stoped..dead...it stayed there frozen no matter what I did..I couldnt kill it so I moved on

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
I was playing skyrim the other day when I spotted a dragon in the distance. As soon as I pulled out my bow the dragon took a nose-dive into the ground, disappeared for a minute and then flew back up like nothing happened. I just stared at my T.V. in awe for a little bit.
Another strange glitch happened when me and and a pal were playing dead island (which I hate) and the first ram showed up. I hit it once with a machete, it did a backflip followed up by a split and died. We laughed hysterically and then sold that POS game a week later.

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
I think my favorite is in Fallout 3/New Vegas. Occasionally when you kill someone that is using a super sledge it will start shaking around on their corpse, then take off like a rocket.

I have no idea why it does that and I've never seen any other weapon do it.

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
I'm very shocked that noone has mentioned the Giants in Skyrim. One hit from those bad boys and your character turns ends up joining the Skyrim Space Program. I managed to fly over the Throat of the World doing this.

Happy days.

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
World of Warcraft - let me explain how Charge works for warriors, I've been told it is based on a 'pathfinding' algorithm that finds the easiest ways to meet it's intended target. In Skettis back in BC, a friend and I were doing daily quests, flew to the top of a tree house with the intention of killing our way to the bottom.

However, when we landed we aggroed a Bird that patrols around the whole place, my friend was fighting it off relativly close to the edge of the treehouse, and I hit Charge. I did not fly straight at it, instead I ran around the treehouse, across the bridge to the other, around it, and down the bridge to the ground-level, and to the birds position if it had been on the ground. I grabbed all the mobs on the way and ended up dead because my friend couldn't breath from laughter and therefore could not help me.

*shrug* I couldn't stop laughing either so I shrugged off the death.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Gunner 51 said:
I'm very shocked that noone has mentioned the Giants in Skyrim. One hit from those bad boys and your character turns ends up joining the Skyrim Space Program. I managed to fly over the Throat of the World doing this.

Happy days.
I don't know if that's actually a glitch, or just something Bethesda thought it would be funny.

The_State

Jun 25, 2008
In Skyrim, I would occasionally be attacked by a dragon in Solitude. Both times this happened, the dragon flew around at like mach six, hardly visible in the sky for more than a second. Sometimes it would come down to land, breathe fire, then shoot up into the sky and continue circling like a hungry housefly. It took me better than fifteen minutes, but when I did finally kill the thing, it instantly transformed into a pile of ghostly goo which contained the typical dragon-y loot. The best part was watching the town guards try to keep up with where the ADHD dragon was flying to next.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Gunner 51 said:

Happy days.
That's not a glitch, it's the best feature ever.

OT: In "Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness", they actually got stair climbing done right... assuming you hold the "forward" key at all times. If you let go, she suddenly begins to riverdance.

So in the sequence where she's being chased by cops up a staircase, I didn't have a handle on how the controls worked, so she kept riverdancing around every corner. The cops would yell French things at me every time I did that. It was very amusing.

KRbertsproduck5

May 29, 2010
I was playing Just Cause 2 and I climbed on top of a jet just as it hit water. The guy (sorry can't remember his name) hit the coast and shoot through the air until he hit the side of a mountain. It was great.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Shanicus said:
\
FalloutJack said:
Ctmnt08 said:
You've met Lobo!

Yes, I dubbed the flying Deathclaw of Fallout 3 "Lobo the Wonder Deathclaw".
Man, Lobo must have some cousins in my game - I ran into 3 Deathclaws at once, sprayed them with a Minigun and watched them all fly high into the air. Unfortunately for them, Gravity was being a mighty ***** that day, resulting in all three of them dying (by landing on top of each other, too) upon re-entry.
[HEADING=1]O_O[/HEADING]

Can't sleep, Deathclaws will eat me...

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011

In the middle of one of those rare dragon killcam things, a fugitive comes up to me and asks me to hold onto a sword.
I had the same response: "Umm..."