Unravel Preview - Hands-on With the Most Adorable Game of E3

Mitchell Saltzman

Mar 10, 2012
Unravel Preview - Hands-on With the Most Adorable Game of E3

A physics based puzzle platformer featuring one of the most adorable mascot characters in recent memory, Unravel is one of the most charming games of E3 2015.

Read Full Article

Jhonie

Oct 24, 2011
I've actually seen fanart of this guy. As early as yesterday, actually. The internet adores him. And no, I don't mean Yarny, I mean Martin. It's kind of amazing, really.
At least it's a nice and fluffy kind of amazing for once.

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
Objectable said:
Alleged_Alec said:
You know the guy's going to unravel completely before it get to it's lover.
And we'll all cry
Probably.

Jhonie said:
I've actually seen fanart of this guy. As early as yesterday, actually. The internet adores him. And no, I don't mean Yarny, I mean Martin. It's kind of amazing, really.
Even a /v/ stream I was watching kind of liked the guy, despite having three strikes against him (that ridiculous tattoo, indie dev and Swedish). He was basically the only thing on all the E3 stream which felt genuine.

Jhonie

Oct 24, 2011
Alleged_Alec said:
Jhonie said:
Even a /v/ stream I was watching kind of liked the guy, despite having three strikes against him (that ridiculous tattoo, indie dev and Swedish). He was basically the only thing on all the E3 stream which felt genuine.
...why on earth is "Swedish" a strike against him?

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
Jhonie said:
Alleged_Alec said:
Jhonie said:
They think Sweden is way too progressive. Or as /pol/ would say: http://i.imgur.com/geANvPR.png

Jhonie

Oct 24, 2011
Alleged_Alec said:
Jhonie said:
Alleged_Alec said:
Jhonie said:
They think Sweden is way too progressive. Or as /pol/ would say: http://i.imgur.com/geANvPR.png
"They"? That's pretty vague. And how is it bad to be progressive? Sweden's not being in-your-face about it. It's other people being in-your-face about Sweden being progressive, and most of those people are American (probably). It is in fact a HUGE social taboo in Sweden to be in-your-face about ANYTHING. That goes for the entirety of Scandinavia, actually.

So, again, just how is being Swedish a strike against him?

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
Jhonie said:
Alleged_Alec said:
Jhonie said:
Alleged_Alec said:
Jhonie said:
"They"? That's pretty vague. And how is it bad to be progressive? Sweden's not being in-your-face about it. It's other people being in-your-face about Sweden being progressive, and most of those people are American (probably). It is in fact a HUGE social taboo in Sweden to be in-your-face about ANYTHING. That goes for the entirety of Scandinavia, actually.

I never said I agreed with those guys (an unknown portion of 4chan) on them, so I can't really argue well for why it would be.

Jhonie

Oct 24, 2011
Alleged_Alec said:
Jhonie said:
Alleged_Alec said:
Jhonie said:
Alleged_Alec said:
Jhonie said:

I never said I agreed with those guys (an unknown portion of 4chan) on them, so I can't really argue well for why it would be.
I apologise if I've been sounding confrontational, either way. As a Swede myself as well as someone who is studying game design, it was hard for me not to take it as an attack, if indirect. ^^' Just, please, think of what you say, because the remark sounded really racist. I'm willing to drop the matter entierly, just, you know, think before you speak and all that stuff.

This next bit has been bouncing around in my head during dinner as something I should have said in my previous post and I need to get it out of there, so please don't take it as a continuation of any argument, just something I feel should have been said.

Either way, equality politics have very little to do with the Games Industry, and the Swedish games industry is positively thriving. Amnesia, Minecraft, Magicka, Battlefield, Mirror's edge, Europa Universalis, all those are titles developed by Swedish teams in Sweden and that's just the ones I can think of off of the top of my head. We know how to make games.

Again, not continuing the argument. Just something I needed to get out of my system, because my brain is a ranty one. If I don't, that point will be bouncing around in there for the rest of the day, and that's really annoying. >_>