Unreleased Duke Nuke Forever Renders Posted

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Unreleased Duke Nuke Forever Renders Posted

Tramell Isaac, a former artist at Duke Nukem Forever [http://www.3drealms.com/] renders on his personal blog.

"2 year 9 months. Now it's over," Isaac said. "It was fun while it lasted. I worked with an extraordinary bunch of artists, designers, and programmers. You will all be missed. I know we will cross paths again." Previously, he had served as the art director on Fallout 2 [http://www.atari.com/nwn2/].

The art is solid and admittedly just empty backdrops but to be honest I don't find myself overwhelmed with awe. After 12 years in development I would think they'd have a little more to show for it than screens that could've been lifted directly from Prey [http://www.prey.com/flash.html]. Am I expecting too much? Hard to say at this early stage - the fallout from the great 3D Realms swindle is only just beginning - but I have to admit that I'm starting to get the feeling I've been cheated.

See them all for yourself at Tramell Isaac's personal blog, Talkin' Real At Ya [http://talkinrealatyou.blogspot.com/2009/05/end-is-beginning.html].

via: Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/former-3d-realms-artist-shows-off-some-duke-nukem-forever-131425.phtml]

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
Any word on a new dev team picking Duke up yet?
Or am I just hoping for too much and only recieving random backdrops...

CosmicGrenade

Feb 11, 2008
Does noone read the update on the 3d realms being shut down?
heres a quote from it

Deep Silver and Apogee Software have issued the following statement: "Deep Silver and Apogee Software are not affected by the situation at 3D Realms. Development on the Duke Nukem Trilogy is continuing as planned."

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
CosmicGrenade said:
heres a quote from it

Deep Silver and Apogee Software have issued the following statement: "Deep Silver and Apogee Software are not affected by the situation at 3D Realms. Development on the Duke Nukem Trilogy is continuing as planned."
So we're still going to wait for years...

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
CosmicGrenade said:
heres a quote from it

Yes, I have read it.
It doesn't give any indication of who will actually develop it.

CosmicGrenade

Feb 11, 2008
Pi_Fighter said:
CosmicGrenade said:
heres a quote from it

Yes, I have read it.
really??? so whats you don't think it could be moved to Deep Silver or Apogee Software

JohnC

May 7, 2009
Duke Nukem Trilogy is DS/PSP spinoffs. DNF's fate is still up in the air.

I'd have played the living hell outta this.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Meh, I gave up caring about this years ago. Even if Duke Nukem Forever's released now, it'll be rubbish - political correctness and the fact that it'll be nothing like the originals (that weren't actually all that good, but it'll piss off the fans) have killed it before it's released now.

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
CosmicGrenade said:
Pi_Fighter said:
CosmicGrenade said:
heres a quote from it

Yes, I have read it.
really??? so whats you don't think it could be moved to Deep Silver or Apogee Software
Are they actually deveolpers?
Do they own the rights to the series?

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
CosmicGrenade said:
heres a quote from it

Please, i knew this was gonna happen for years, it was only a matter of time.

But just what were these game developers doing with their time?

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Pandalisk said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
CosmicGrenade said:
heres a quote from it

Probably building a giant Duke Nukem Statue out of Lego

CosmicGrenade

Feb 11, 2008
Pandalisk said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
CosmicGrenade said:
heres a quote from it

Having alot of beer and $5 whores?
There is only one way to find out.... Lets hunt them down!

Sindre1

Nov 8, 2008
Well Duke Nukem has always been about the fun, not the looks (Besides the girls and Duke himself).
So I would not worry :)

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
Chipperz said:
Meh, I gave up caring about this years ago. Even if Duke Nukem Forever's released now, it'll be rubbish - political correctness and the fact that it'll be nothing like the originals (that weren't actually all that good, but it'll piss off the fans) have killed it before it's released now.
Sadly you do have a point, Duke Nukem is one of those games you probably couldn't get away with in the modern day, with all the womanising, strippers, killing and other non-PC stuff that went on and every 'hardcore' gamer would probably rip into it majorly for daring to be like it was in the good ol' days (the golden age of health packs and tonnes of guns) and would write on forums about how 'CoD/Halo r mch b3ttr!!! OMGWTFBBQ! DIS GAM3 HAS STRIPPERZ!'.

spiggy

Feb 18, 2008
Please let it die. Make it go away. DNF will never be released. If it ever were released, there would be no way for it to live up to the hype and the sheer length of the development.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Guys, you may be mixing up Duke Nukem Forever with the Duke Nukem Trilogy. The Trilogy is a series of three games for the DS and PSP and was in fact only announced in July 2008 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/84992].

TheBlackKnight

ESEY on the Kross
Nov 3, 2008
Pi_Fighter said:
Are they actually deveolpers?
Do they own the rights to the series?
last "gossip" I heard, was that 3D Realms is the owner of Duke Nukem Forever and Take 2 only has a publisher contract with them; *Hint* It might be a good move for the Escapist staff to make a news entry to clarify the current status of all Duke Nukem IP's.

mark0217

Mar 17, 2009
CosmicGrenade said:
Oh wow, Apogee is still alive? I remember playing their games ages ago!