Unskippable: Ace Combat 6

Jul 9, 2008
Wow, the Unskippable fandom is apparently sliding into ZP territory, judging by the first few posts.

Anyway, the episode itself was really good, keep it up.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
So is that game actaully about air combat? NAd man, what a depressing and awfully voiced cutscene.

Bad Neighbour

Jan 14, 2009
Wow, what a dreadful cutscene... it was a struggle to watch even with the hilarious voicework :/ so er.. nice audio guys! Haha

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
I couldn't even be depressed, it's like they are trying so hard to make it depressing that I can't even take it seriously.

"Then my daughter goes to school, and she dies, and then 10 seconds later my husband dies, and my house explodes, and my favorite eyebrows and the thugs song gets cut off in the middle of my favorite part."

Also, I think the "and this lady won!" line was my favorite.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Gah, what a waste of time. The commentary was funny but if I was playing that game i'd be bored out of my mind.

Feb 18, 2009
sky14kemea said:
this is probably the most depressing opening cutscene ive ever seen XD, jeez next she'll find the charred remains of her family dog or something weirdly tragic like that :(

but at least you made it funny, now i wont sink into a depression if i ever buy the game XD
There´s probably more horridness to come: After losing her daughter, husband and family dog, the sandwich she has for lunch falls to the sand, butter-side down! And she realizes, she forgot to turn off the oven. Don´t buy it.

But that cutscene, it didn´t seem to have much in it. It´s only function was to offer material for Unskippable.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Incredible Bullshitting Man said:
sky14kemea said:
this is probably the most depressing opening cutscene ive ever seen XD, jeez next she'll find the charred remains of her family dog or something weirdly tragic like that :(

but at least you made it funny, now i wont sink into a depression if i ever buy the game XD
There´s probably more horridness to come: After losing her daughter, husband and family dog, the sandwich she has for lunch falls to the sand, butter-side down! And she realizes, she forgot to turn off the oven. Don´t buy it.
then someone else's baby throws up on her only clean clothes...
and she breaks a nail while trying to drag her suitcase over a rock

dont worry, i said if i buy it, which usually means i wont XD

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Lios said:
...I thought unskippable generally only did these parodies on games that had unskippable cutscenes? Ace combat's cutscenes WERE skippable.
they have addresed this before... twice.

Feb 18, 2009
sky14kemea said:
Incredible Bullshitting Man said:
sky14kemea said:

then someone else's baby throws up on her only clean clothes...
and she breaks a nail while trying to drag her suitcase over a rock

dont worry, i said if i buy it, which usually means i wont XD
A wise decision, that saved you from hearing her soul-shattering cry, when she forgot to tape Seinfeld.

Destroy Gundam

Feb 20, 2009
I loved the line about the old woman winning the civil war. And the "Photographed here with a lens flare attacking his face." line had me chuckling. Are they ever going to let us see the face of the guy we're playing as? I mean, one time they even revealed that the main character was actually an AI or something.

But this was pretty slowly paced compared to some of the other cutscenes that have been covered before. It took it a while to get to the point where it was obvious that there was going to be some fighting.

Speaking of Metal Gear, are we ever going to get to see one of those get the Unskippable treatment? Perhaps throw in a few Vincent-like lines to complete the circle of using Snake-like lines in the Dirge of Stairs video.

The Brian J

Apr 18, 2009
YAY another Eyebrows and the Thugs reference!

As usual, great work guys. I love how you recognize the voice as being from Eternal Sonata...seems to be a theme running of cutscenes that kinda meander around before finally getting to the flippin' plot.

My favorite line is probably "Their nation had fallen into civil war" "This lady won. And RULED WITH AN IRON FIST"

Another great video, guys.

InvisibleSeal

The Invisible One
May 3, 2009
Do you think anyone actually talks like that in real life?

"and they all violently killed themselves infront of me" I lolled
- From her narration of the entire thing you would guess she'd have some drastic effect on the game.....

Angrywyvern said:
In the game, the actual fighter pilot you play as is a non-descript person with no story that has nothing to do with any of the cut scenes.
... I guess not then, but why are we supposed to care about her and her depressing voice.

Ilosia

The faceless
Mar 10, 2009
Nice Day of the Triffids reference.

Greatly enjoyed the "Ten minutes of bullshit" line too.

Shadow_Kid

Jan 5, 2009
well at least she didn't get stabbed on the bus, then had her head sawed off and her body parts eaten,
i guess she didn't say hi to anyone