Unskippable: Aliens vs Predator

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
OtherSideofSky said:
Has anything good EVER come from inside a giant stone door?
Well, there was this Temple of Unhappy Time that opens up to the greatest cotton-candy factory in the world, but you needed a key to turn it on.

Benedict Wolfe

Mar 9, 2010
"Sending out their spine retrieval detail."

Unskippable doesn't always succeed in coaxing laughs out of me, but they got me with that line. Thank you guys.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
"Why didn't you do the Alien opening?"... Stick around for the credits, guys, they explained this.

I'm beginning to think "Hey, let's knock out Mr. First-Person Guy" is just a cheap way to save on cinematic rendering time.

rofl jet

Aug 23, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
When will people learn? Giant stone doors are always meant to seal something in. Generally that something is pretty nasty too.

So the Aliens into is actually pretty good? I would've liked to have seen this intro.
Yeah espicially when it got some sort of creatures head on it, also loved the sound the luggage made fa-donk

BlueberryFalacy

Apr 12, 2009
Why did the spinal retrival sound like a Repo joke to me...and on that topic damn you guys for making me think of human puppets...

Any way it sat keep up the good work guys your humor at least gets me to smile on nearly all your videos.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
rofl jet said:
canadamus_prime said:
When will people learn? Giant stone doors are always meant to seal something in. Generally that something is pretty nasty too.

So the Aliens into is actually pretty good? I would've liked to have seen this intro.
Yeah espicially when it got some sort of creatures head on it, also loved the sound the luggage made fa-donk
Almost sounded Loony Tunes-ish.

Callate said:
"Why didn't you do the Alien opening?"... Stick around for the credits, guys, they explained this.

I'm beginning to think "Hey, let's knock out Mr. First-Person Guy" is just a cheap way to save on cinematic rendering time.
Considering that the rendering of 3D graphics is one of the most time consuming parts of the project even if you have a whole server farm at your disposal, I can't say I blame them.

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
Why do they always treat the new guy like shit?

Whats the matter rookie? They didn't teach you how to eat your Commanding Officer's poop during basic training huh?

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
That was the first cutscene that really made my nose hurt. Seriously how did that guy not get his head knocked off by that thing? Or maybe it did and they reattached it on....backwards!

lokiduck

Jun 5, 2010
Yes! You did Alien vs Predator! I've been waiting for you guys to do it since I watched a let's play and saw that really horrible cutscenes :3

Amen about the Alien cutscene though, the alien run is always the best of these games, especially the one where you are a face hugger first and then a chest burster.

awesome vid though guys :D I forgot you see the character you play in the cutscene XD When I found out at the end of Marine campaign that you play the black guy I and the one playing it were both like "Wait... we were the black guy????!!" because for some reason you can tell even though you see his arms most of the game XD You just can't tell that you are actually the black guy because of the way they go past him and into his perspective, but it looks like you are just some guy next to him or something.

Jackel86

May 3, 2008
The last few Unskippables haven't been as funny as usual, but this one was great. The "scientists" at the beginning, the Marlow thing, the sudden realization that you're a character and not a floating camera... All gold.

Mullahgrrl

Apr 20, 2008
SpecklePattern said:
Although the game was total disappointment I loved to play sneaking with the predator campaing. Multiplayer was totally broken. No even near to the fun of Alien vs. Predator 2 (2001).
I sadly doubt that anything AvP will reach the quality of Avp 2.

swatsqad

Aug 12, 2009
wait a minute... a shockwave in space? not plausable. there is no air in space, how could a shockwave be created? maybe through light? but that wouldnt be THAT dramatic as in the cutscene... Unskippable, use this idea and reupload the video xD

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
Not to be That Guy and say what you shoulda done writ, but.... well, I guess I'm already That Guy before I even finished that sentence.

I just thought the comparison of the Marlow to a gun was begging for a Gae Bolg reference. :)

GoldenShadow

May 13, 2008
I loved it when they comment about the Predator uncloaking just to read his arm display.

Megawizard

Mar 24, 2008
Is it just me, or does practically every game with a soldier/marine type-thing that you play as where they treat you like crap develop into (through either plot or crappy teammate AI) a 1-man army?

swatsqad said:
wait a minute... a shockwave in space? not plausable. there is no air in space, how could a shockwave be created? maybe through light? but that wouldnt be THAT dramatic as in the cutscene... Unskippable, use this idea and reupload the video xD
A fission or fusion reactor going off would definitely have a blast of its own material going off as a bomb, and that could definitely create a shockwave of sorts (not to mention the ton of shrapnel from the hull). You only need air for sound. Technically, they should have termed it a blastwave.