Unskippable: Aliens vs Predator

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Loved the marine one a whole lot more.

I wanted an Alien intro, but it's OK, indeed it was the best of the three.

J234

Sep 5, 2008
swatsqad said:
wait a minute... a shockwave in space? not plausable. there is no air in space, how could a shockwave be created? maybe through light? but that wouldnt be THAT dramatic as in the cutscene... Unskippable, use this idea and reupload the video xD
Megawizard said:
A fission or fusion reactor going off would definitely have a blast of its own material going off as a bomb, and that could definitely create a shockwave of sorts (not to mention the ton of shrapnel from the hull). You only need air for sound. Technically, they should have termed it a blastwave.
Unless the explosion released a massive wave of solid plasma or energy that swept the smaller ship in its wake, (which it didn't, from what I can tell) it wouldn't release any blast wave, as any pressure wave released by an explosion has to propagate through a fluid like air or water, or even a solid, but not virtually empty space. And they were way to far for actual heat, shrapnel or plasma to have any effect on the ship.

Frankly, I expected better from such an upstanding, science-abiding piece of fiction like Aliens vs Predator! >:|

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Hehe, I cracked up at the two scientists at the beginning

"...oops, WORK, work, work... Pushing buttons, pushing buttons... Yep, very busy over here, very important work here, yep, sorry can't..."

Hahaha, love it. :)

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Funny as hell. Fundamental Design flaw. Planetary Hide and Seek.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
k-ossuburb said:
Alien intro is a little too short, same as the missions. But I liked the Alien gameplay the most for some reason.
Because it's better? Not that I've played the game, but I've played AvP2 (from 2001), which is apparently the same game with worse graphics and better gameplay.

Tim Chuma

Jul 9, 2010
I liked it. Would have been hard not to quote Arnie/Ventura lines unless they did that in previous games.

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
I laughed at the luggage. Not lying. Funny as hell without your comments in the first place, just gets better with them :)

And if I wasn't such an orca nerd, I'd have laughed at the Shamu gag. Shamu's dead. :D

Apr 16, 2010
i feel like because the ship looks so much like a gun- it's really supposed to look like a gun..

the guy in development wanted to do the guns, but he got assigned to the ship instead- so scre4w it: "i'm doing this gun!"

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Haha that was great. I kept thinking that girl was Michelle Rodriguez, lol. I would much rather play as the predators if I had this game.

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
Wow, kind of looks like a really interesting game. I haven't heard much about it, but it does have a Doom + Dead Space feel from what I've seen so far. I would be interested in checking this out further. Great video, and great commentary once again ^~^!

SirusTheMadDJ

Dec 2, 2009
SupahGamuh said:
Why did you skipped the Alien intro?, it pretty much kicks lots of asses (or should I say opens up lots of chests?) and it's way better than the Human and Predator intros...
The whole point of the show is to mock rubbish openings. So you want them to do a good one?

The point is being missed methinks.