Unskippable: Alone in the Dark

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
WrongSprite said:
"use both the analogue sticks to control your kidneys"

This made me chuckle =] Good episode guys.
yeah that was great
the blinking was starting to make my eyes feel funny lol

Desert Tiger

Apr 25, 2009
You could've totally made an erection joke when he was staring at his junk. It was pretty obvious.

MrPop

May 14, 2009
Ha. Awesome video. Made me laugh. As everyone has already said though "Blink button WTF?!"

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
DeathQuaker said:
Wow, on the other hand, you could be totally immune to the Weeping Angels' attack by just never pressing the button.

(You win geek points if you have any clue as to what I'm talking about.)
Doctor Who episode called Blink. Written by Stephen Moffat if memory serves. And an awesome episode at that. Now gimme cookies or geek points. :p

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
Is there a future use for the blink button? or does this game just want me to think I got eye surgery so they had to dilate them?..

how did he get from a broken bathroom, to the top of an elevator?

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
"Mash X repeatly to digest your food"

Brilliant video for a godawful game!

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
GodsOneMistake said:
So do you have to press the blink button through the entire game?!?! Damn i really need to get my... Thats a Fucking stupid Idea and for it you'll get kicked in the balls Department... up and running.
No you don't, only that cutscene and when you get stuff in your eyes..

Anyway I didn't mind this cutscene too much, eventhough the blinking thing got very tedious very quickly..

Sanaj

Mar 20, 2009
SomeBritishDude said:
"Paddington"

"We have your marmalade sandwiches!"

God I miss that bear...
I'll second* that, Paddington was awesome.
(*or change it to however many people have agreed so far and add one)

I don't think it's truly possible to take all of Paddington's sandwiches.

Midnight Voyager said:
It doesn't make this distinction very well, Ghostwise. It's the most cutscene-like tutorial I've ever seen in my life.

Even if you can do nothing else in places, YOU HAVE TO BLINK. BLINK. BLINK. THE HELL. It's a cutscene. We don't mind if you let us sit back and watch for a minute.
Yeah, parts of this intro aren't strictly a cutscene per say.
However, the most of the interactive portions in this intro could have been replaced with cutscenes quite easily.

Seriously...a blink button?
If the game automatically blinked after the first couple times it would have worked out much better.

About the lack of an Unskippable video last week...
No worries guys, stuff happens and / or people sometimes need vacations.

Another great episode Graham Stark and Paul Saunders.

capnjack

Jan 6, 2009
DeathQuaker said:
Wow, on the other hand, you could be totally immune to the Weeping Angels' attack by just never pressing the button.

(You win geek points if you have any clue as to what I'm talking about.)
Dude, you can't give people geek points for something that easy - you're talking about the best time travel episode of a popular British sci-fi. Everyone should know that's episode 10, season 3 ("Blink") of the reimagined Doctor Who series, and it's written by Steven Moffat, who will be taking the helm next year. Even if you don't watch Doctor Who, you should go out and watch Blink. Like, right now.

Coincidentally, the episode directly after Blink features Derek Jacobi, who was mentioned in this week's Unskippable.

Marked Mouse

May 21, 2009
I do believe that would be my favourite elevator crowd too, but i would invite the cockroaches next time then they won't be so pissed and ruin all our fun!!!

Brennen

Apr 30, 2009
wow, I'd never seen that game before, now I really want to play it despite the fact that you have to control his eyelids :)

Jul 9, 2008
Wow. You know, I'd heard this game was bad, but I always wanted to try it for myself. Not now, just in that cutscene alone, the myriad of bad design choices was obvious.

neuromasser

Jan 20, 2009
Matrix party xD

You got to do Magna Carta: Crimson Stigmata (Tears of Blood). Cutscenes are just ridiculous, and gender of main character is shady...

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Meh, still better the film!

Kudos to Graham and Paul because everyone who knows me, knows that I need at least one Paddington bear joke a day and it's quite a strain to always get one...