Unskippable: Alpha Protocol

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Alpha Protocol

Watch in awe as a prick tries to be a spy, who is also a prick.

Watch Video

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
OK this is strange but I now want to play Alpha Protocol, I have a suspicion that the rest of the game will be accidentally funny, even without Graham and Paul.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
The suave option always struck me as a double-edged sword. If the context for using it is right (like a private conversation with someone else in your room) it can earn you big favour points. But if the context for using it is wrong (like trying to impress your boss) then it bombs spectacularly. :D

Still, that's kinda what makes it so fun. And aye, those TVs really were wonky with that closeup on Yancy. :p And while I personally adore some of the suave lines that come later on in the game, say what you will about their quality, but at least they aren't made on this level. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puFeCHzpvPM

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Wow. That cutscene was really, really boring. I had to replay parts because I'd tune out and miss the jokes.

And the first thingI'd do is rip the IV out of my arm. Makes perfect sense: I saw it on TV.

hawk533

Dec 17, 2009
That was more flabbergasted than sarcastic. And suave seemed more arrogant idiot.

Webcam probably isn't the way to go if you're trying to do a mission briefing. Mission briefings need a little more production value.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Calendor1 said:
I never thought about that IV thing, its a good point.
Zachary Amaranth said:
And the first thingI'd do is rip the IV out of my arm. Makes perfect sense: I saw it on TV.
Yeah that really isn't a good idea, trust me. I've woken up in hospital more than once. Also they kind of hurt and tend to bleed when they're taken out, even carefully ;)

Anyway, the cut scene really does look pretty dull, I especially agree with Paul about the TV grid.

Now to download that missile sex tape.

I'll be in my bunk :D

Anacortian

May 19, 2009
I have a friend that woke-up after a car wreck and pulled-out the IV with the intent to look cool. Big mistake! He said it hurt like a female dog. It was, however, really cool. His father had fallen asleep at his bedside and awoke to find him standing, panting, and detached.

Garfy

Nov 6, 2009
The rest of the game is pretty good (the mechanics are pretty wonky though).

Just treat it as a silly WAY over the top spy thriller and you should have a good time.

Sampsa

May 8, 2008
Haha, at point 02:03 where the TV's broadcasting the news are turned off I was like: "G-Man, what the hell?"

SpecklePattern

May 5, 2010
hawk533 said:
That was more flabbergasted than sarcastic. And suave seemed more arrogant idiot.

Webcam probably isn't the way to go if you're trying to do a mission briefing. Mission briefings need a little more production value.
Yeah and like they say. Why on earth the video quality in every thing is in so bad quality? :-/ Like if you use webcam, spend more than 7USD to that! :)

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
James Bond: I think you made your point. Thank you for the demonstration.

Auric Goldfinger: Choose your next witticism carefully Mr. Bond, it may be your last.

James Bond: (Thinking) Okay I can be sarcastic, suave, or just ignore him. Crap he's walking away. I'll choose SUAVE!

(And thus movie history changes forever...)