Unskippable: Amazing Spider-Man 2 - AKA Peter's Unhealthy Quest for Revenge

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Amazing Spider-Man 2 - AKA Peter's Unhealthy Quest for Revenge

In this game, we learn that Spider-man has all the powers of a spider - ability to climb walls, create webs and have incredibly taught thighs.

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
I guess that's the problem with being Spider-Man; you can only handle street crime as you find it without a Bat-Computer to help you track down ringleaders and/or uncle murderers.

Also, I think the blurb is supposed to say 'incredibly taut thighs', unless Spidey's thighs are teaching us something (possibly related to the unexpected stirring in my underpants region).

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
That guy must really be afraid of heights if he's freaked out by being suspended 4 ft. above the ground.

Weirdwolf

Jan 26, 2010
Why is Spiderhyphenman acting like his is in a 80's rap video when he is talking to the thug who obviously gets vertigo when he stands up??? (sigh) Guess it's time to break out the old Spider-man 2 whenever you feel like doing what ever a spider can.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Wow, Peter Park is kind of a douche.

Weirdwolf said:
Spider-man 2 whenever you feel like doing what ever a spider can.
Spider man 2, the only game where you can eat bugs and build webs. And deliver pizza, lets not forget that important part.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
It's been two years. Did he wake up one morning and say "Blegh, I'm bored. Nothing to do. Huh, I haven't solved my beloved Uncle's murder yet. That should kill a few days."

Weirdwolf

Jan 26, 2010
Roofstone said:
Wow, Peter Park is kind of a douche.

Weirdwolf said:
Spider-man 2 whenever you feel like doing what ever a spider can.
Spider man 2, the only game where you can eat bugs and build webs. And deliver pizza, lets not forget that important part.
And er ignore car thefts, robberies and miscellaneous other crimes in order to save a little girls balloons!(Oh and get free helicopter rides!) At least in the second game you didn't feel like you were swinging around Kandor, Wheee watch me sail across central park..

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Well, it's good to know that the folks behind Amazing Spider-Man didn't completely drop that "Who killed Uncle Ben?" thread. They might make the yet-to-be found killer turn out to be a major villain WITHOUT using a clumsy retcon in the third movie. It's like what they do with the guy who killed Bruce Wayne's parents; sometimes he's Joe Chill, sometimes he's not.

The funniest part of this video was wiggling around the Spider-sense camera to find the falling girder.

spwatkins

Nov 11, 2009
Graham_LRR said:
Amazing Spider-Man 2 - AKA Peter's Unhealthy Quest for Revenge

In this game, we learn that Spider-man has all the powers of a spider - ability to climb walls, create webs and have incredibly taught thighs.

Watch Video
Hate to be that guy but "taut" not "taught".

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
canadamus_prime said:
That guy must really be afraid of heights if he's freaked out by being suspended 4 ft. above the ground.
Wouldn't a fall in that position possibly crack his head and/or break his neck?

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
varmintx said:
I didn't know Jude's alter ego was Spider-Man.
It annoys me how many popular VA's don't have any variety or range to their voice acting. It's one of the reasons I think Troy Baker deserves the praise he gets. If nobody had told me that the same VA did the voice of Joel and Kanji, I never would have been able to hear the similarity.

WickedLordJasper

Aug 8, 2014
Why does it have to be a "genetically altered" spider bite now? He was bitten by a *radioactive* spider, goddamnit! It's like the old theme song went, "He's got radioactive blood!" Not "genetically altered blood!"

Random Wanderer

Apr 15, 2009
WickedLordJasper said:
Why does it have to be a "genetically altered" spider bite now? He was bitten by a *radioactive* spider, goddamnit! It's like the old theme song went, "He's got radioactive blood!" Not "genetically altered blood!"
People know enough about radiation now to know it doesn't work that way. Fortunately, along came genetic engineering, which is a new "magic that can do anything," so they're all set by just replacing a few words.