Unskippable: Arc Rise Fantasia

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
"With great force and high velocity. It was awesome." Has to be one of the best lines in a while. That was great :D. This is one of the funniest Unskippables in a while, even though they're always good, hehe.

pigmy wurm

Nov 18, 2009
watching this for the second time and realized something. even assuming that jumping off the dragon somehow killed his terminal velocity he still jumped off a good bit above the treeline and landed on his feet. That man (or boy from the look of it) should have a nice pair of compound fractures.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Ghostwise said:
Watch out for the brown hail!
Too far!

I always appreciate how courteous it is of dragons to just come down and fight us one on one. I mean, I know if I had wings and reach, I'd rain down hell on those crunchy little sardines in their can.

Mercsenary

Oct 19, 2008
This could... quite possibly be one of the contenders for worst voice localization ever.

"You. Saved ME. Didnt. You?"

NORMAL ENGLISH IS NOT SPOKEN THAT WAY.

ZehGeek

[-Militaires Sans Frontieres-]
Aug 12, 2009
Nice job guys. The bit at the end was golden. Seems one thing or another tries to get out of playing long games.

UtopiaV1

Feb 8, 2009
"It plays both types of music: Country, and Western!!!"

Epic Mercenaries quote. Love that game.

Mosstromo

Jul 5, 2008
My dear lord. It just gets proven every time; JRPGs are such easy targets. They come with their own parody included (basically).
Great job! I laughed loads with this one.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Ah! A Wii game, that explains why I had no idea what it was, I thought it was some really gold PS2 game or something...

Now that I know it's a Wii game, they have NO excuse for that terrible dubbing.

Alistar

Aug 20, 2010
You guys have scored criticals on your critique of the Arc Rise Fantasia trailer RIP. Hilarious and witty, thanks guys for your sending up of Arc Rise Fantasia, appreciated and amusing.(Moar please!)

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Okay, lets say that the blind bulky knight on top of a high altitude (low oxygen) platform stratagy actually works, now you have a bunch of EXPLODING DRAGON CORPSES ON TOP OF YOUR FLYING MACHINE!

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
I was THIS close to slamming my head repeatedly on my desk! That cutscene was SO FUCKING TERRIBLE! I mean, good GOD, I JUST WASTED 7 MINUTES OF MY LIFE THAT I WILL NEVER GET BACK WATCHING THIS FUCKING PIECE OF COW SHIT! Nothing, not even the commentary, made it redeemable! And there were some funny moments, too, which I liked, but it was not worth sitting through it!

And people actually GIVE THEIR MONEY for stuff like this? Like they willingly sit through this SHIT?! I mean... UGH! AGH! GGGGGGGGGGGGG...

...I feel like I'm going to pass out any minute. I cannot explain in words how much I hated that cutscene. It made not sense, the voice acting was THE worst I've heard from any cutscene I've seen so far, the dialogue...

Oh GOD the dialogue! Tommy Wiseau's The Room had better dialogue! ...Well, I don't know about that, but seriously, YIKES! I can't begin to say how confused and angered by what I heard, especially from the girl! JESUS CHRIST!

I know this is a pretty long post and I'm pretty much repeating myself, but I swear to got, I have never been this upset over a video game cutscene.

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
"This is going to be a long day."

Highlight of the video since I was thinking that this was going to be a long conversation between that girl.

I think she gave birth to Heavy Rain's Jason. =\

obliviondoll

May 27, 2010
NPC said:
Okay, now I know what I am doing for my end of the year project in Computer Programming. I am going to make the rpg "blade cross diary."
Almost everyone said:
I would play Blade Cross Diary.
If you build it, they will come...

More seriously though, get a game called "Blade Cross Diary" released on PSN, I'll buy. On PC, less likely. I probably won't be able to run it.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
Here's some more ideas for JRPG names.
Crystal Roads To Melotinonis - Soul Scream Altitude - Zenith Of Absolutes

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
Skorpyo said:
I was thinking "This game MIGHT have SOME redeeming qualities, right?"

And then the characters started to talk.

You deserve to be quoted again and againf for this commentary.

It resumes the game.