Unskippable: Assassin's Creed 2

Azihe

Dec 17, 2008
That was the best Unskippable in a long time. Good to see that these guys are back on track.

Garfy

Nov 6, 2009
Yea, Graham's british voice couldn't sound more australian if he tried :)

At least they didn't make the British guy the villain.

WastedHero

Jan 14, 2009
Callate said:
...And then the baby spouts wrist blades.

Y'know, virtually everyone I've seen who has enough of an opinion on the overarcing "Desmond" plot of the AC games to voice it seems to feel that they're weak sauce. And the writer responsible doesn't have so much a "defense" of the plot as a kind of pissy "It's what the whole game is wrapped around, if you don't like it, you don't like Assassin's Creed" thing. It's a little surreal. Even the advertising for both games thought so highly of the Desmond narrative device that they completely avoided mentioning it.

...Maybe it's time for Ubisoft to admit that people are drawn to AC to walk around in the shoes of an awesome assassin badass and not for unconvincing sub-par sci-fi exposition?

That's pretty much what turned me off of AC. I just couldn't get myself into the game with the weird plot of it all. I wanted to immerse myself in the time period but I kept getting yanked out by the goofy sci-fi plot I didn't care about at all.

ssj4raditz

Jan 26, 2009
A Spaceballs reference and a Quantum Leap reference in the same episode!

Also, "This is my surprised face."

dwoo21

Aug 30, 2009
thecaptainof said:
dwoo21 said:
dalek sec said:
Dumb question but who's Nolan North?
A voice actor who's voice acting jobs include Shadow Complex, Uncharted Drake's Fortune and Uncharted 2 Among Thieves both as Nathan Drake, Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 as Desmond Miles, Army of Two The 40th Day as Salem, Dark Void and many more. He's a great voice actor in A LOT of games.
Is he really a great voice actor? Really? He's certainly a great script reader, but I would've thought the mark of a great voice actor would involve occasionally using something other than your own everyday voice.

I don't have anything against the guy as such, but... it's like how I wouldn't call Hugh Grant a great actor because he just plays Hugh Grant in everything. Every character is just himself.

You have a point, Nolan North is the kind of regular old raspy voiced hero in a lot of games but he at least knows what he's good at. He recognizes his voice and knows his limitations. That's the thing I like about him, he sticks to the same role in video games almost every time. To get to the point Nolan North has done a good job sticking to what he's good at and in ths case its himself.

dwoo21

Aug 30, 2009
dwoo21 said:
thecaptainof said:
dwoo21 said:
dalek sec said:
A voice actor who's voice acting jobs include Shadow Complex, Uncharted Drake's Fortune and Uncharted 2 Among Thieves both as Nathan Drake, Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 as Desmond Miles, Army of Two The 40th Day as Salem, Dark Void and many more. He's a great voice actor in A LOT of games.
Is he really a great voice actor? Really? He's certainly a great script reader, but I would've thought the mark of a great voice actor would involve occasionally using something other than your own everyday voice.

I don't have anything against the guy as such, but... it's like how I wouldn't call Hugh Grant a great actor because he just plays Hugh Grant in everything. Every character is just himself.
You have a point, Nolan North is the kind of regular old raspy voiced hero in a lot of games but he at least knows what he's good at. He recognizes his voice and knows his limitations. That's the thing I like about him, he sticks to the same role in video games almost every time. To get to the point Nolan North has done a good job sticking to what he's good at and in ths case its himself.

Lou

Mar 19, 2009
"What button do you press to assassinate your dad?"

Pure gold. Love it!

Keep up the good work, guys!

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
dwoo21 said:
thecaptainof said:
dwoo21 said:
dalek sec said:
Hey he can do thousands of voices...they just all sound the same XD

clank1013

May 21, 2009
not ur best work, probly ur worst actually, i think u guys talked too much in this one.....
but u also had a few good jokes, like the spaceball referance and pong, lol

AWDMANOUT

Jan 4, 2010
Can't you be evil AND enjoy a nice cup of coffee?

"Yeah lady. Spingee."

Ahhh I love it when you guys do games I've already played.