Unskippable: Asura's Wrath, Part 2 - Hack The Planet (Into Pieces!)

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Asura's Wrath, Part 2 - Hack The Planet (Into Pieces!)

There ain't no drama like melodrama.

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
josh4president said:
So they blew up the planet... to save the planet?
They cracked it open to get at the delicious space-squid filling. Once they get rid of that thing, I'm sure almost half the planet will still be intact.

OT: For all their talk of grand strategy, it seems like they're making this up as they go. "Send out some of the generals to punch things in space. Keep punching! No, you're not allowed to punch stuff, we need to Skype with Creepy Old Guy and Obviously Evil Fop. Ah, screw it, fire the giant head laser directly past our generals into the planet we're trying to save."

F.Dubois

Sep 17, 2014
To be quite fair the battles described in the mahabharata are pretty much this. Some Deva and some lesser Asura go out and fight wars with manoeuvres and formation and such and then the big guys come flying with their vimana and burn the heavens and the earth with and I quote: "An incandescent column ofsmoke and flame, as bright as ten thousand suns, rose with
all its splendor."

Lets be honest, if the ancient peeps would have had access to CG graphics all their stories would have looked like this ^_^

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
"I'm just gonna drop a Deus on 'em."

That made my day, possibly my week. And I've watched all the cutscenes from this game. It made for a very interesting day with dark chocolate brownies and popcorn.

Grimrider6

Aug 27, 2008
F.Dubois said:
To be quite fair the battles described in the mahabharata are pretty much this. Some Deva and some lesser Asura go out and fight wars with manoeuvres and formation and such and then the big guys come flying with their vimana and burn the heavens and the earth with and I quote: "An incandescent column ofsmoke and flame, as bright as ten thousand suns, rose with
all its splendor."

Lets be honest, if the ancient peeps would have had access to CG graphics all their stories would have looked like this ^_^
That is actually really interesting to know. It's easy to forget that ancient myths and stories were pretty goddamn gonzo in their own right.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Boy I would hate to be that side of the planet when that mouth thing emerge!

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
"Behold! It is Vlitra!" Vlitra comes out and everybody is somehow surprised.

New World Order doesn't really mean much when you can just travel to a different planet.

Of all the generals, only Olga seems even slightly stable. I wonder how she goes crazy.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
If this is the sorta crap that happens from the get-go in this game... how does the rest of it play? Does it escalate from this? Do they throw actual stars and punch planets at one another?

Strife2GFAQs

Apr 13, 2009
Basically, the game is "Asura is angrier than Kratos (sounds impossible, but it's true), so he punches everything while screaming." That's all I need to remember.

Also, Graham's reaction to the scene shift is so awesome.

"What the..."

"Whuhh?"

"What is this? IS THIS AN ANIME? WHAT WAS THAT A COMMERICIAL BREAK?"

"What the ****!?"

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I thought the funniest parts were Paul saying "I did NOT edit the video to do this!" and Graham's "What the shit?!" Just goes to show that even you guys can still be surprised by what you guys see in these videos.
Auron225 said:
If this is the sorta crap that happens from the get-go in this game... how does the rest of it play? Does it escalate from this? Do they throw actual stars and punch planets at one another?
What is this, a Gurren Laggan game? Oh hell, I'd play that!

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
I guess killing those people on the planet is considered acceptable collateral damage for taking out the Gohma?
Didn't work, though. If you knew this thing was inside the planet, maybe you should've moved your forces out of the way of the alien barf ahead of time?
These guys are all about show but not so much about sensible strategy, eh? Generals? More like generally incompetent. Raw power alone is obviously not enough to be a good general.
In fact, aren't most generals behind the front lines and directing the war effort? Or even if they're near the front, they typically wouldn't be standing in the trenches, right?
These guys aren't generals, they're just very powerful soldiers.

SilverHunter

Sep 22, 2014
Darth_Payn said:
I thought the funniest parts were Paul saying "I did NOT edit the video to do this!" and Graham's "What the shit?!" Just goes to show that even you guys can still be surprised by what you guys see in these videos.
Auron225 said:
What is this, a Gurren Laggan game? Oh hell, I'd play that!
In a sense...? Yes actually it is. It follows the same kind of insane ramp up as well with the story too. For ultimate ramp up and a "Simon and Kamina" styled brohood the dlc episode is extremely worth it. It does suck that the giant finale had to be done through DLC, but the cost is completely worth it as the entire chapter will give any fan of Gurren Lagann shivers, and it reaches similar levels of insanity that the series final battle hit.

Dickdatduck

Aug 2, 2011
Auron225 said:

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE; next week part 3 of this magnificent madness!!!

"If I was on the planet, I'd call that an eventful day.".
PURE FRICKIN' GOLD!!!!
And the rest of the comments too ;)
Chapeau gents, chapeau!

GangstaPony

Apr 29, 2012
This game is basically a primer on Hindu Mythology (partially adapted) and Chinese Buddhism (more overt influence).
I mean seriously how did gods and monsters evolve from cool as shit like this to some guy turning water to wine... borrrinngg!!

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Pfffftt! Taking Vitra's impurity level with a thermometer.

You'll need 7 more giant thermometers.