Unskippable: Atelier Meruru, Part Three

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Atelier Meruru, Part Three

The thrilling tale of Princess Meruru comes to an explosive conclusion.

Watch Video

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
you know.. atleast the non arland games had ... something happening
like a war.. or e mercenary guild.. or homework..(and by homework.. i mean beating up monsters)..
from what i've seen so far of the arland series.. is just weird...

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
"I've combined FLOUR and EGG and MILK and SUGAR to make this CAAAAAAAKE..."

"Oh, it was MUSTARD GAS! There's your problem."

So let's see. Rorona and Totori needed only one Unskippable each, but Meruru needed THREE. Doesn't she feel special.

Must be her refusal to wear pants.

By the way, I'm kinda surprised you guys said nothing about where Meruru got that monstrous spoon....
You know, from her toolbelt.

You thought I was gonna say from her ass, didn't you?

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Who in the name of god would buy these kind of games anyway? And really, two more episodes? Even the MGS4-Special came only up to four and there was even gameplay inbetween at times we didn't see. Not sure if this thing even qualifies as "game" anymore.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I'm going to hazard a guess that that whole "Miss Totori" exchange sounded significantly less stupid in Japanese.

DrRockor

Jun 24, 2008
Callate said:
I'm going to hazard a guess that that whole "Miss Totori" exchange sounded significantly less stupid in Japanese.
but Totori san is Totori san, Totori san. Still sounds silly.

After playing Atelier Totori for a while, I have to say these openings are about right for the game. Very little actually happens outside of alchemy and killing monsters while wearing silly outfits.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
How exactly does the formula for a healing salve result in an explosion? Incidentally I was expecting that explosion as soon she decided to start stirring.
MatParker116 said:
I want to see these chicks have an alchemy battle with the Elrich brothers.
They would lose, badly.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Ah, the good old "She's 15!" VS "She's a cartoon!" debate that Anime (and by extension, Hentai) has brought us...

zerragonoss

Oct 15, 2009
Ah I miss Al-Revis so much better than arland, though I only tried the first in this series it seems to have just gotten worse.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
As soon as I saw the preview intro, I was hoping for more exploding breakfast jokes. Oh well.

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
I still stand by my statement last week that the people who buy these games must have money to throw away. The only good thing I can say about these games is the entertainment value they provide for this

Kurt Cristal

Mar 31, 2010
I know you said you weren't going to do two more of these but... these are pretty damn funny. Maybe you should reconsider. Also, you missed a perfectly good "and that was the X time I died" joke after the explosion.

Jakale

Feb 16, 2010
Did anyone else half expect some alchemy gone wrong monster to ooze out of the vat?

MatParker116

Feb 4, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
How exactly does the formula for a healing salve result in an explosion? Incidentally I was expecting that explosion as soon she decided to start stirring.
MatParker116 said:
I want to see these chicks have an alchemy battle with the Elrich brothers.
They would lose, badly.
Kind of the point.

lockgar

Nov 5, 2008
NOOOO, PLEASE, DO A 5 PART OF THIS!

You guys are at your best when you do jRPGs. There is just so much to rift on.

Speaking of which. Persona 4 has a 4 hour intro. I'm not joking, for the first 4 hours the only parts of interaction comes from you doing a tutorial boss fight, and moving your character to the save point, because the intro is so damn long.