Unskippable: Battlefield: Bad Company

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
Is there some kind of federal law or something that demands that X number of games every year must begin with a first person ride in the back of a car that ends with you falling unconscious? I can't see any other reason for them.

ReverseEngineered

Raving Lunatic
Apr 30, 2008
BlueHighwind said:
Is there some kind of federal law or something that demands that X number of games every year must begin with a first person ride in the back of a car that ends with you falling unconscious? I can't see any other reason for them.
Lazy, unimaginative writers. It's the same reason the killer always calls them, breathes heavily, and they freak out and run upstairs.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Freebird. said:
Was that boners Paul was going on about or did I mishear it?
If you misheard it, then so did I. I'm sure I heard this:

Narrator: Honor. Faith. Land. Oil.
Paul: Boners.
Narrator: Wars are fought for any number of reasons.
Paul: Mostly for boners though.

And yeah, that WAS a lot of opening credits, wasn't it?
"They're just sticking to our windshield and dissolving for some reason"

And it would be an UGLY thought to be called "New Guy" till... till you die of old age or something. >_<

ManiacEskimo

Mar 31, 2009
I loved the anti-aircraft credits and "I'm still upset" about blacking out at the end of a vehicle sequence xD

TheCheesy4

He thinks he's people.
Nov 21, 2008
Hithlain said:
imagine if we could develop a weapon to shoot Micheal Bay's credits at our enemies. Oh the possibilities.
Or a weapon to shoot Michael Bay at the enemies. Or a weapon to shoot Michael Bay.

Destroy Gundam

Feb 20, 2009
"Well, it wasn't malaria."
"I'm still upset."

I think they find ways to knock the player out just to avoid needing to animate someone getting in or out of a vehicle from a first person perspectice. That aside, I liked this one.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Eh... it was ok. I actually enjoyed the game, mostly... in spite of the infuriating lack of mercy it showed quite often. Don't get me started on some of the vehicle sections... or the difficulty settings...

Maybe you should do one of the new Battlefield to bookend this?

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
That guy you see in the beginning when you said "he looks like bad company" reminds me of Nico from GTA 4 :p

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Ahh much better. I was slowly getting disappointed with this show because the past few clips you were talking too much over the actual cutscene. It was making me wonder if there was any point of having the cutscene at all..

However this one you were back on track with your old roots, and it worked out very well :D

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
I know a game involving a vehicle where your character is conscious for the entire thing: one of the Medal of Honor games. Either Allied Assault or its expansion, Spearhead, I forget which. They're about ten years old. One of the first missions involves jumping out of a plane, and you're awake for the entire cutscene. Which is good, because you don't want to be unconscious while you're parachuting into a warzone.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
Al_ said:
Half Life's tram ride, you end concious. Half Life: Opposing Force's chopper ride, not to lucky.
That's because Half-Life actually did it right, it was interesting, it started the trend and still hasn't been topped.

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
Man the Ground to air credits!!!! GAC for short

i which the had said lulz for the reasons for war

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Wait they're just sticking to the airshield and dissolving - haha fucking awesome!

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
Nicely done i especially like the anti aircraft credits
But and i hate to be that guy but you do realise that andersson will come before ardvarksson right?
Other than that unbelievable, huge, massive, unforgivable, apocalyptic mistake very good.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
On no! Not the anti-aircraft credits!
Great episode guys.
BTW what tune was that you were doing at the beginning there Graham? That cloud thing made me think of Back to the Future Part II

TheNamlessGuy said:
It's good that you stopped posting the threads before you post the videos.

Great episode anyhow.
[Thumbs up]
On that note, you guys might want to get into the habit of not posting the comment thread until a good 5-10 minutes after posting the videos. Yahtzee too for that matter.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Heh... the anti-aircraft credits reminded me of the final level of Flywrench.

Someone should rally TvTropes and find out how many games have vehicle sections ending in unconsciousness. I'm legitimately interested now.