Unskippable: Battlefield: Bad Company

SultanP

Mar 15, 2009
Extra hilarious this time, especially the first half or so, maybe because the comments were more numerous, before they petered down a bit.

tanatoes

Feb 4, 2010
Acidwell said:
Nicely done i especially like the anti aircraft credits
But and i hate to be that guy but you do realise that andersson will come before ardvarksson right?
Other than that unbelievable, huge, massive, unforgivable, apocalyptic mistake very good.
Um - Aardvarksson would have two As.

Loved the ep, guys. Was expecting Bad Company II for some reason, and was pleasantly surprised that it was the first one.

czesionyo

Apr 15, 2009
First of all I'm 99% sure that You can skip those cutscenes.
Second thing - this game was released way before FarCry2 (BFBD - June 2008, FC2 - October 2008).
I liked the AA titles joke though :D.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Is it just me or did some of the music sound like it's really close to that of Pirates of the Caribbean?

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
tanatoes said:
Acidwell said:
Nicely done i especially like the anti aircraft credits
But and i hate to be that guy but you do realise that andersson will come before ardvarksson right?
Other than that unbelievable, huge, massive, unforgivable, apocalyptic mistake very good.
Um - Aardvarksson would have two As.

Loved the ep, guys. Was expecting Bad Company II for some reason, and was pleasantly surprised that it was the first one.
/facepalm
Well I guess I need a dictonary :p

WastedHero

Jan 14, 2009
Stellar jests this week as always, chaps. Just keep a stiff upper lip to the criticism and continue the good work.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
pigmy wurm said:
while funny, and I liked the "curse of the FPS vehicle section" line I don't think this games cutscene was bad enough to really work. The opening credits went on a little long (but not long enough to actually be able to read them) but after that, unless their is a lot more cutscene that you didn't show it seemed informative and more importantly it ended quickly which is big for action games ("here is the main character, this is why he is here, here are the supporting characters, and now stuff happens")
You can tell that this cutscene does not suck (not really) by the fact that there's very little universally hilarious comments in the video. That's ok for me though, I'm entertained either way. And I don't even get the urge to start cursing my ancient pc that won't let me play this game.

Fyrstig

That guy from that place.
Apr 6, 2010
The opening lines of the cutscene had me waiting for "...but war, war never changes."

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Now this guy looks like Bad Company.

I think Bad Company just has to believe in itself.

Hey! Beachparty

They didn't say that in the brochure.

This is Disneyland right?

I'm not the new guy! I'm like 45

I don't know what I've been told, As soldiers do star-jumps.

All right, short game.

This one is hilarious. Although you guys are like 2 years late :p

Caiti Voltaire

Feb 10, 2010
randommaster said:
Maybe you'd stay concious if you convinced the enemy to continue using that "disolving credits" ammunition.
We think alike.

I actually liked the production values in the intro. Too bad the writers or at least whomever came up with the characters was just churning out generic stereotypes to feed their obvious crack addiction.

Dhatz

Aug 18, 2009
CJ did survive vehicle intro(cops had him in car). this might be the best after theat fantasy game where you get to know that hot mom.

Fritzvalt

Amazing Human Being
May 12, 2009
I would just like to point out that I end all my real life vehicle segments the same way as well; unconscious.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
"This company just needs to believe in itself"
"Actual cannon fodder is far too expensive"
"Anyone else getting FarCry 2 flashbacks?"
"Uh, well it wasn't malaria?"
"And that is the curse of the controllable vehicle section of the beginning of FPS (...) you will never end one conscious"

Absolutely hilarious... I really, really liked this episode!!

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
Great stuff!

You guys gonna be doing Bad Company 2 episode, bit random of you to do the old first one otherwise! :O

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
I'm trying to figure out how it's so bad that they picked an older game. Maybe it had better cutscene potential; the second BC opening had few joke openers. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they picked out more games from the 90's, as long as the commentary is good.

ManiacRaccoon

Aug 20, 2008
Haha, Anti- Air Credits. Still this makes me want to play that game again. And the second one's single player. Since I wanna know why it wasn't over.

Good point about the vehicle segments. I notice it doesn't apply to third person shooters though. You start both Mass Effect games in a space ship and leave it conscious. Though admittedly you leave the ship in ME2 before it lands and presumably lose consciousness then, but you still get to leave the ship first.

Trying to think of more examples, but all that comes to mind are Gears of War 2, except thats not in the intro, and those guys never get knocked unconscious. In fact I'm not sure they sleep, they just keep going until they die in some really ridiculous fashion. Unless they wear a helmet and have enough brothers to be there to die in future sequels, in which case they die suddenly and in the most pathetic way possible. Here's hoping Dom gets eaten by space worms after he avenges his wife or whatever, and the next Carmine takes his place as the co-op guy, and kills a millions guys before he goes.

Dang, now I gotta play that game too. I have to vent all this excess nostalgia, it's exceeding healthy dosages.