Unskippable: Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Random Wanderer

Apr 15, 2009
I have no idea what the hell was going on. I would chastize Graham and Paul for talking over the cutscene too much again, but I honestly don't think I would have any better idea of what was going on even if they'd not said a word. This was just completely incomprehensible.

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
Maybe It was just me but the audio quality wasn't the greatest, other than that it was really funny

Solusumbra

Apr 23, 2010
after watching those cutscenes, i cant tell what was supposed to be going on. i think i would hate this game...

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
"Dammit, dammit, dammit! We're right at the production deadline, we've got the pre-rendered cutscenes but I can't find the sheet detailing what order they go in!"
"Hell with it, just throw them in at random, we'll say it's some sort of nouveau-art direction style."

Also, Operation Market Garden was bad enough, but you should read up on one of the lesser-known battles: Operation Olive Garden. The horrors of war, man.

OZITOMAI

Jul 8, 2009
this video is soo much better than the last few, is it just me or are you guys losing fans?

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
The Cheezy One said:
Starke said:
It's interesting that on the inverse, the Russians have no problem making games about defeats in war. There was a Russian RTS/3PS hybrid a while back that focused pre-Stalingrad WWII. I made a mental note to track that game down about two years ago, and have since forgotten the title. (Apologies if this is a little rambling.)
no problem. it wouldnt be codename: panzer phase one or something? that did that kind of thing, playing as german, russian then allies. the allies were easily the least interesting characters
anyway, it sounds good. if you remember, tell me. i find that for some reason the best games have the least americans. i have nothing against americans really, but see - red alert 1 (60% german actually), cryostasis and MW1+2. maybe its because 99% of games and films have americans, its nice to have a change sometimes.
russian/eastern european games are especially interesting, but they require a bit of knowledge about cultures and superstitions. see cryostasis again
On that subject, STALKER and Pathologic were both fantastic Russian (well, Ukrainian and Russian) releases. As was the higher profile Metro 2033.

STALKER was a little rough but the most recent game is actually pretty solid, if a bit short.

The Cheezy One said:
oranger said:
Some parts of that was ok...but overall it was schizophrenic.
wtf was with the silver gun? why did they even need that? was it just a gimmick?
its a crap game to just come in on, theres a big thing about the curse in previous installments. its done quite well throughout the game actually. theres a pretty good mission in which you can only use the pistol. well, until you get the mp40 and basically infinte ammo
oh and btw, its not silver, its nickel-plated. biiig difference that i cant even begin to describe (because i cant. theyre both shiny, so it doesnt really matter. silver is a really soft metal though. it would probably melt)
That and Nickle plating was a fairly common variation for the 1911, at least in popular fiction, at the time. My guess is that it resists corrosion better than steel, but I'm not sure. Silver is far too soft to use as a practical plating on a weapon, and, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't really offer any benefits whatsoever.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
The Random One said:
Soldiers are a race in Magic: The Gathering.

You racist.
Nah, they stopped doing that ages ago, now soldiers are a type, not a race.

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
Oh, this disappoints me. The video was funny to be sure, but I love this game and this kind of made it look bad.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
"My eyes are burning" says the soldier with goggles on his helmet...

I also can't tell the difference between these generic American soldiers. It shouldn't matter even if soldier was a race as they have guns. People who have guns do not need defending!

Nice to see Russel is still around. Too bad there wasn't a crowsplosion!

Great episode, you guys really keep making me laugh.

J234

Sep 5, 2008
It's interesting that on the inverse, the Russians have no problem making games about defeats in war. There was a Russian RTS/3PS hybrid a while back that focused pre-Stalingrad WWII. I made a mental note to track that game down about two years ago, and have since forgotten the title. (Apologies if this is a little rambling.)
That wouldn't be Men of War you're thinking of, would it? That game did have a pretty cool campaign, if the voice acting was pretty ridiculous at times...(Russians sounding more French sometimes than Russian..)

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Heh, 5:10 I thought "instant burial" and a second later they made the same joke. :)

Drexlor

Feb 23, 2010
Aren't cutscenes supposed to actually tell you what is going on? Other than that, another great episode.

red dragon 52

May 4, 2010
If you'd played the previous 2 games you'd know what was going on, and it is really a requirement if you wanna understand anything in Hells Highway. I'd recommend all3 BIB games as they are all good, though the 3rd one is a tad unnecessary.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
red dragon 52 said:
If you'd played the previous 2 games you'd know what was going on, and it is really a requirement if you wanna understand anything in Hells Highway. I'd recommend all3 BIB games as they are all good, though the 3rd one is a tad unnecessary.
HH has a nice twist at the end though.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I like this one a whole lot, a lot of things that made me laugh. Russel, the goggles comment, the thing about them all looking alike (I thought the same thing), screaming smoke...

That cutscene itself seems to make no sense though.