Unskippable: Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

There's only one way out of Hell, and that's through it. Or, you could just not play.

Watch Video

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
I was wondering when the Russel joke would return. Also, the sound from the voices sounds a bit, odd.

Typo.

hawk533

Dec 17, 2009
What the hell was going on in that cutscene? I saw someone ready to jump out of a plane, about 4 people dying and someone finding a silver gun and I still don't know anyone's name. That was weird.

May 5, 2010
unacomn said:
I was wondering when the Rustle joke would return. Also, the sound from the voices sounds a bit, odd.
Uh, pretty sure it's "Russel". As in "Russel Crow".

Anyway, am I crazy, or was something wrong with their mics?

Still, good episode.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
My name is matthew, im in england, and im broke!
im honestly not kidding!
this game was actual quite good, very tactical, but too easy compared to the previous ones, and the tank bits were stupid

I am AFK said:
so this is like blood dimond exept every one wants that pistol right?
nope the pistol is supposed to be cursed. anyone who touches it except matthew dies, like his childhood friend, leggett (glasses guy), allen and garnett (hole in superman/hock in england guys)

Orthon

Mar 28, 2009
Nice Big Lebowski reference, made me chuckle.

Couldn't tell anyone of them apart either, for that matter.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Orthon said:
Nice Big Lebowski reference, made me chuckle.

Couldn't tell anyone of them apart either, for that matter.
youve got to play a LOT to finally recognise some of them, and even then its by very obvious things. pale guy with dark eyes is corrion, dying guy in the hospital (what the building is) is franky. ginger guy with freckles who shot the german is hartsock, guy with glasses is leggett. there are 2 other people not in the video i recognise at sight, and ive been through the game MANY times
Blue-State said:
Antidamacus said:
Swing and a miss
What were they swinging AT?
Also, Guys might want to watch Band of Brothers sometime: Market Garden WAS pretty brutal. Thanks a bunch Montgomery!
he was overrated as a general. he got lucky at el-alamein, as rommel had barely any reinforcements, due to the invasion of russia
he wasnt bad, but here in england he is very highly regarded
he messed up in holland, but any mission could have messed up anywhere. and theoretically, had it worked, the war would have been a year shorter. but if you go into "if it had worked..." we could be here for hours. best to just leave the past where it is
very few games present america losing at any point. MOH:airborne did O:MG, but according to that it was a success. man, that was a disjointed game
shame there probably isnt going to be a sequel, as it was set up to be the arnhem offensive, probably americas biggest loss in WW2. no other FPS has touched that, to my knowledge
germany counter attacked across a large stretch, mainly filled with green US troops who thought germany was nearly beat. the armour rolled unimpeded through arnhem, as bad weather grounded aircraft
was pretty nasty, and could have given germany some breathing space, but the weather cleared up and experienced pockets of US troops held out
ive probably missed a lot, but thats the basis of the arnhem offensive

Nashidar

Jun 2, 2010
Blue-State said:
Also, Graham and Paul might want to watch Band of Brothers sometime: Market Garden WAS pretty brutal. Thanks a bunch Montgomery!
Kinda surprised they wouldn't know that. Wasn't it also referenced in Return to Castle Wolfenstein (it was a multiplayer map at least IIRC)?

I also think the mic's were stuffed for some reason. Think they need new ones ...that or their usual mic's broke and they had to use backups. :p

Premonition

Jan 25, 2010
hawk533 said:
What the hell was going on in that cutscene? I saw someone ready to jump out of a plane, about 4 people dying and someone finding a silver gun and I still don't know anyone's name. That was weird.
It's basically a summary of the previous two games.

hawk533

Dec 17, 2009
Premonition said:
hawk533 said:
It's basically a summary of the previous two games.
Okay, I've never played a Brothers in Arms game before. It seems like it was made for people that have actually played the other games.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
You've never heard of Operation Market Garden?

Hmm... I thought that was one of the more famous ones...

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
I want to play Hos in Arms now, well not until I finish the Bros in Arms games first.

Good to see Russell again too.