Unskippable: Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Premonition said:
hawk533 said:
What the hell was going on in that cutscene? I saw someone ready to jump out of a plane, about 4 people dying and someone finding a silver gun and I still don't know anyone's name. That was weird.
It's basically a summary of the previous two games.
Not a very good summery because I didn't understand any of it. Well except that it was WWII (again), shit was being blown up, and some guys were passing a silver gun around. And I was able to figure out The Prestige and it jumped around just about as much.

Hooray for Russel! Everybody loves Russel.
On a side note, did anyone else notice the 'R' on that one guy's helmet? I think he's secretly working for Team Rocket.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Holy shit; the guy who's screaming about screaming is the same actor from Haze.

And good grief, this game looks ugly. Its as if each soldier needed to be hit with the ugly-stick before shipping out.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
If that cutscene was supposed to explain ANYTHING about the game, it failed...I don't even know what happened...Funny though

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
World War II has been played longer than it was actually fought and I think it is time to let it end.

Aug 25, 2009
My sister bought me this game and Halo Wars for Christmas.

She is no longer allowed to buy me games I have not directly specified that I want.

pfloriani

Jul 24, 2009
I have problems following some Unskippable episodes because I find myself trying to understand what's going on in the cutscene. I had no problem here, because this cutscene was incomprehensible.

Nice delivery on, "Maybe you should put on the goggles that are on your helmet."

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Good to hear I was not the only one thinking there was something wrong with their mics.

Aside from that, good episode.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
I actually played this game yesterday and didn't look forward to see the cut scene again. :p

lizzielizzie

Dec 24, 2008
Wait, Brothers in Arms is about the same battle that Watership Down was based on? Fuck. Now I might actually have to play it.

lizzielizzie

Dec 24, 2008
Tharwen said:
You've never heard of Operation Market Garden?

Hmm... I thought that was one of the more famous ones...
Probably more in Britain than in the States, since it was an operation involving British and Polish soldiers, but not US ones.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Graham sounded worryingly pleased at the idea of a secret love affair in the squad...

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
If you're going to jump out of an airplane in it, shouldn't your helmet have a chin strap or some means of staying on your head so it doesn't fly off in the first three seconds of drop?

Also found myself thinking during the "yelling in the smoke" scene- given the orders you guys were given, aren't you about to be mowed down by friendly fire? Well, at least you're not yelling in German, I guess...

rayen020

May 20, 2009
somewhere over normandy is about as specific as you can get with the airborne battalions. Read up on your history you find that almost no one was where they were supposed to be mostly cause no one knew where they were. also i don't know, spoofing a world war 2 game especially the airborne guys just seems in bad taste to me.

dunno seems a rare miss to me...

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
Funny episode and finally something from Russel again. Haven't heard anything from that guy in a long time.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Callate said:
If you're going to jump out of an airplane in it, shouldn't your helmet have a chin strap or some means of staying on your head so it doesn't fly off in the first three seconds of drop?

Also found myself thinking during the "yelling in the smoke" scene- given the orders you guys were given, aren't you about to be mowed down by friendly fire? Well, at least you're not yelling in German, I guess...
aah bravado... it lasts for about half a second before you realise that its wrong

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
The video material was really broken up and it was hard to follow. Of course you could blame that on Gearbox. I will have to "blame" Paul and Graham for being really funny this week.

Azure Knight-Zeo

Jun 7, 2010
Seriously, who cares about this stuff in a WWII fps? Do we really need a big incomprehensible story with characters we don't care about when we aren't shooting at Nazis?

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Graham's "mmmm" at the end really made it for me. XD

This looks like a really strange movie to start a game with...

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Blue-State said:
Antidamacus said:
Swing and a miss
What were they swinging AT?
Also, Graham and Paul might want to watch Band of Brothers sometime: Market Garden WAS pretty brutal. Thanks a bunch Montgomery!
Just what I was thinking. But in G&P's defense that cutscene alone was lame beyond belief. I don't think the game really did justice to what we did over there. Though that may not have been its point. Don't know, not gonna get the game to find out.