Unskippable: Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
"I just realised I can't tell these guys apart. Am I...racist?"
That made me laugh. Mic sounded a bit weird though

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009
I didn't understand why lots of people didn't like this game. Okay sure it's "another freakin' WWII FPS", but it has an interesting story and narrative, strong characters, great atmosphere, brutal violence, and it's one of the few FPSs outside of the Tom Clancy franchise that demands strategy over run 'n gun.

Not the greatest shooter ever, but it's a damn good one without question.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
"Lost? You're in Eindhoven!"
"Titles guy knows where you are"
"If they're really lost, they can just read the title"
"It would be backwards for them"

Nice observation there, guys.

And since people here are questioning about your mics this week, I'm just wondering if that was actually intentional?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Heh, that cutscene makde so little sense with it going back and forth and back and forth XD But, good ep from yiou though!

And Russell! yay!

Segadroid

Apparently a Premium Member now
Mar 20, 2009
Is it me or did those guys switch microphones? They sound like they're talking in a second-hand headset.
Could be the same as with Yahtzee a while back.
In any case, another perfect score for them this time. At least they apparently got more then me.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
i remember playing the demo, it was fun but not a very good game for me...

btw the episode was a good change of mentality ! XD

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
ForgottenPr0digy said:
It was hard to tell what was really going on?? I know they want to make this war gamer personal but I also wanted to huge set pieces like Utah beach or the night invasion before Normandy etc...
Yeah, count me in on being confused as well. I could barely keep track of what the hell was going on in those cut scenes. Still, awesome jokes as always, just wish that cut scene wasn't quite so all over the place.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
I quite liked this game actually. Brings back fond memories of when I only had a pc to game on and I got it for a tenner with KotOR 2.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
The Cheezy One said:
Blue-State said:
Antidamacus said:
Swing and a miss
What were they swinging AT?
Also, Guys might want to watch Band of Brothers sometime: Market Garden WAS pretty brutal. Thanks a bunch Montgomery!
he was overrated as a general. he got lucky at el-alamein, as rommel had barely any reinforcements, due to the invasion of russia
It wasn't only the invasion of Russia. Rommel had a pathological aversion to remaining within range of his logistical support. Durring the North Africa campaign he frequently overextended his forces with tragic results.
The Cheezy One said:
he wasnt bad, but here in england he is very highly regarded
he messed up in holland, but any mission could have messed up anywhere. and theoretically, had it worked, the war would have been a year shorter. but if you go into "if it had worked..." we could be here for hours. best to just leave the past where it is
very few games present america losing at any point. MOH:airborne did O:MG, but according to that it was a success. man, that was a disjointed game
shame there probably isnt going to be a sequel, as it was set up to be the arnhem offensive, probably americas biggest loss in WW2. no other FPS has touched that, to my knowledge
germany counter attacked across a large stretch, mainly filled with green US troops who thought germany was nearly beat. the armour rolled unimpeded through arnhem, as bad weather grounded aircraft
was pretty nasty, and could have given germany some breathing space, but the weather cleared up and experienced pockets of US troops held out
ive probably missed a lot, but thats the basis of the arnhem offensive
It's interesting that on the inverse, the Russians have no problem making games about defeats in war. There was a Russian RTS/3PS hybrid a while back that focused pre-Stalingrad WWII. I made a mental note to track that game down about two years ago, and have since forgotten the title. (Apologies if this is a little rambling.)

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
Wow that was some god awful lip-syncing. Does anyone's jaw move more than a centimeter in that game?

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
rayen020 said:
somewhere over normandy is about as specific as you can get with the airborne battalions. Read up on your history you find that almost no one was where they were supposed to be mostly cause no one knew where they were. also i don't know, spoofing a world war 2 game especially the airborne guys just seems in bad taste to me.

dunno seems a rare miss to me...
Phew, at least I wasn't the only one who thought so.

I think Graham and Paul could have chosen a better cutscene/different game, because this cutscene is really dependant on the viewer/player and if he/she has played the other two games before it.

Just my personal opinion though.

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
The quality of the Graham and Paul's voice recording this week makes me feel much better about the thing I recorded last night.

I've been messing around with a personal project lately, and have discovered The Hard Way that no part of recording narration can be treated as an afterthought. Man, what a pain in the neck...

NewYork_Comedian

Nov 28, 2009
lizzielizzie said:
Tharwen said:
You've never heard of Operation Market Garden?

Hmm... I thought that was one of the more famous ones...
Probably more in Britain than in the States, since it was an operation involving British and Polish soldiers, but not US ones.
What? No! The US played the major part of capturing 2 of the 3 main cities on the road to Arnhem.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
"I'm pretty sure 'soldier' isn't a race."

Also, silly Canadians...Don't you know that goggles are for decoration only?

Al_

Aug 15, 2008
lizzielizzie said:
Tharwen said:
You've never heard of Operation Market Garden?

Hmm... I thought that was one of the more famous ones...
Probably more in Britain than in the States, since it was an operation involving British and Polish soldiers, but not US ones.
Well, apart from the 101st and 82nd Airborne. Just a cursory look has the 82nd using 902 gliders and 482 plane loads of paratroopers. That's a heck of a lot of Americans- the 101st were of similar numbers.
The Americans were there. Their operations went OK(ish). It was the British/Polish landings, and the British tank column ("Garden"), that are famous for the operation however due to the failure to capture the final bridge- the "Bridge too Far" of the (excellent) book and (rather good) film.

oranger

May 27, 2008
Some parts of that was ok...but overall it was schizophrenic.
wtf was with the silver gun? why did they even need that? was it just a gimmick?

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Starke said:
It's interesting that on the inverse, the Russians have no problem making games about defeats in war. There was a Russian RTS/3PS hybrid a while back that focused pre-Stalingrad WWII. I made a mental note to track that game down about two years ago, and have since forgotten the title. (Apologies if this is a little rambling.)
no problem. it wouldnt be codename: panzer phase one or something? that did that kind of thing, playing as german, russian then allies. the allies were easily the least interesting characters
anyway, it sounds good. if you remember, tell me. i find that for some reason the best games have the least americans. i have nothing against americans really, but see - red alert 1 (60% german actually), cryostasis and MW1+2. maybe its because 99% of games and films have americans, its nice to have a change sometimes.
russian/eastern european games are especially interesting, but they require a bit of knowledge about cultures and superstitions. see cryostasis again

oranger said:
Some parts of that was ok...but overall it was schizophrenic.
wtf was with the silver gun? why did they even need that? was it just a gimmick?
its a crap game to just come in on, theres a big thing about the curse in previous installments. its done quite well throughout the game actually. theres a pretty good mission in which you can only use the pistol. well, until you get the mp40 and basically infinte ammo
oh and btw, its not silver, its nickel-plated. biiig difference that i cant even begin to describe (because i cant. theyre both shiny, so it doesnt really matter. silver is a really soft metal though. it would probably melt)