Unskippable: Call of Juarez: The Cartel Part 2

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
Iron Lightning said:
ritchards said:
Hey, Escapist, something I've been meaning to ask. A lot of the Unskippables have subtitles so we can tell what's going on... any chance of moving or reducing your logo so we can actually read them?
But how ever will you know what site you're watching these videos on?
It's not like they can just have the logo (no website address) like on Jimquisition... or no logo at all like on the main LRR videos...

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
RTR said:
As a matter of fact, "carnal" DOES mean "friend". It's just that we latinos felt the need of coming up with a slang for "friend". Basically, it's kind of like our "dude".
Dammit, just use "amigo"! Just because white people have a half-million words fro friend... You should know by now that we're nuts and you shouldn't follow our example.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
yep, totally gonna play this game now

hahaha maybe not in this case, but I seriously have picked up some (often less than stellar) games to try out just because Unskippable covered it (just for kicks really) lol

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
unacomn said:
But.. but.. but, this was skipable.
Just like Lost Planet, Eternal Sonata, Resident Evil 5, Lost Planet 2 and a whole lot of other games.

What really bothers me about this is that it sounds like the voice actors are talking from a small room so there's always the echoish sound when they're talking.

JehuBot

Jun 1, 2011
I'm really upset that the Latino voice actor wasted his time recording lines for this game instead of providing voice work for Saints Row: The Third. I loved his voice in Saint Row 2. :(

endplanets

Mar 18, 2011
I like how he noticed that "gold or lead" was wrong. It actually is "plomo (lead) o plata (silver and slang for cash)". Note how plomo o plata rhymes, which is why Hispanic gangsters say it before bribing/murdering cops.

However I am surprised that the guys didn't know that anti-tank weapons are in high demand by Mexican drug lords. Because sometimes the Mexican Army has to straight up go and take a village with tanks.
And the gangs are starting to build tanks to fight each other. No really, it like Mad Max out there, who ever has the biggest gun is the law. They have discovered around 20 at this point.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-13488620

Not to mention that anti-tank weapons are a good way to kill cops/politicians/lawyers/civilians who are in a car from a decent range.

DanHibiki

Aug 5, 2009
Do spiders even have nests? I thought they just have webs and live mostly solitary lives.

Rijo

Dec 2, 2008
On http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-13488620
The Main Photo looks like something out of the A-Team. Hmmmm I wonder if they sell me one, "Guys no no no i dont need the coke, i want the truck ^.^"