Unskippable: Clash of the Titans

Ericb

Sep 26, 2006
uguito-93 said:
seriously all forms of media portray zeus as benevolent when in fact his favorite pass times were raping and condeming.
Interestingly enough, Lawrence Olivier in the original Clash of the Titans portrayed Zeus as a massive asshole, arrogant stance and smirk included. The other gods hated his guts, lol.

BlackAura

Nov 29, 2009
Ericb said:
Sincere outlaw said:
Aptspire said:
Is it just me...or is Zeus a huge d***? :O
(
Trust me in one way or another all the gods are dicks.
Sure, but Zeus does take the cake on that one. Not only he tried to bang everything that remotely resembled a female, he did so in the most manipulative ways, whilst having a ounce of concern about the gazillion children he left around the world to suffer under the envious look of his wife.
Not to mention the whole "my wife is also my sister" thing... Ugh.

jcm0791

Jul 22, 2009
I still remember the day I found theological doubt in my swimsuit area ... good times!

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
LadyRhian said:
Orcus_35 said:
Graham_LRR said:
Clash of the Titans

The game may be in actual 3D, but that doesn't make better than the movie.

Watch Video
I wonder if this game was made by a japanese company, since in almost every Jap RPG or game released, there's a crow or several at the first scene of the Introduction...

Either Russell have a large family or they have some obsesion with crows... just like Molyneux have with Chicken.
Russell Crowes?
Ni , i'm referring to Russell the Crow

Nashidar

Jun 2, 2010
So ...if they did form a rock band ...would that make them the Gods of Rock?

Or Rock Gods?

Hmm.

Rock ...err ...non-Titan Entities?

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
Kimarous said:
MelasZepheos said:
What twisted mockery of Greek mythology were they working from?

Not every religion is based on a Trifecta boys and girls. And HAdes wasn't even evil! He's probably the most level minded of all the Gods! And futhermore (Long rant including gnashing on the wallpaper and eating carpet for a few minutes)

Alright I'm done. This game looks like it sucks, but the commentary was funny, and that's what I watch Unskippable for. As long as they keep delivering, I'll keep watching.
Pretty much this. It's one of my qualms when people adapt from Greek mythology... they crap all over it!
I might be kind of trolling but I've come to expect nothing but crap out of hollywood and hollywood-related franchises when the basis is Greek mythology..

J-N-K

Apr 8, 2009
I can't decide which is worse - if they did no research whatsoever and just picked Hesiod off a Google Search for 'ancient greek dudes' or if they *did* look at the Theogony and then had to chuck everything out the window for the sake of the (and I use the term loosely) 'plot' of the movie. (Also, I want fifty-headed Cerberus in a game at some point).

Johnny Reb

Sep 12, 2010
Its so hilariously retarded this games mythology is.

in every single mythology book I've ever been forced to read, never once have i heard of Zeus, Poseidon, or Hades being born from the 12 Titans. I though they were born of Cronus and Rhea, yes they were Titans but they weren't even mentioned. and from what i remember, only Cronus was a dick when he ate all of Zeus' brothers and sister, who are also not mentioned. Rhea, the mother of the gods was actually pretty cool when she hid Zeus from Cronus. But apparently they were both cruel. I have also never heard of the cracken taking place in the battle between Zeus, his sibling, and Cronus, and his Titan brothers. i do know that Zeus enlisted the help of the Hundred-Handed Ones. I mean C'mon. what's up with that?

zeratul123

May 25, 2009
Johnny Reb said:
Its so hilariously retarded this games mythology is.

in every single mythology book I've ever been forced to read, never once have i heard of Zeus, Poseidon, or Hades being born from the 12 Titans. I though they were born of Cronus and Rhea, yes they were Titans but they weren't even mentioned. and from what i remember, only Cronus was a dick when he ate all of Zeus' brothers and sister, who are also not mentioned. Rhea, the mother of the gods was actually pretty cool when she hid Zeus from Cronus. But apparently they were both cruel. I have also never heard of the cracken taking place in the battle between Zeus, his sibling, and Cronus, and his Titan brothers. i do know that Zeus enlisted the help of the Hundred-Handed Ones. I mean C'mon. what's up with that?
Your so right my friend.

Bizzare Logic

Jul 4, 2010
Great episode, but as a lover of Greek mythology, I have to wonder why everything was so supremely wrong. Where were all the other gods? Why were Poseidon and Hades already with Zeus, wasn't he the only one not swallowed by his father before he got the other gods back out? Why did Hades give birth to a Scandinavian monster? Why did the Kraken look nothing like a Kraken? WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN.

Great job as always, guys!

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
I just love the part with "these prays are bad for me, but they're SO GOOD" XD I rewatch that episode just for that line ;)