Unskippable: Dante's Inferno

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Now you've read down the comments this far, how about you go back to the beginning and see how many times people say the words "breast", "breasts", "boobs", "tits", "tatas", etc..

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
BlueHighwind said:
Ummm... what? What the Hell (haha) was that?? I've read Dante's Inferno, none of that happens. In fact, none of it could have happened because Dante Alighieri lived a full century after Richard the Lionhearted's Crusade! I could go for hours about how much is wrong here! Its everything wrong with God of War, all over again! And the sad part is, nobody cares. Nothing about anything this game has shows any real knowledge or respect for the classic poem its "based on". And nobody cares about that either. Instead game developers and their consumers say: "Huh, firey pits of Hell sounds cool, wouldn't it be awesome to bash a demon's skull in? And let's add lots of breasts for no particular reason!"
I know you're trying to be observant but this has been mentioned to death. Plus God of War was never trying to be a real Greek story, it just took nearly all aspects of it.

Was this game made by fifth graders?
Jesus, what kind of messed up fifth graders have you been around?

Its amazing. You could make a video game out of any epic poem you want for your God of War clone, and you decide to go with the ONE that doesn't involve mass conflict as a central plot point. Why not use the Iliad? The Odyssey has lots of monsters. Paradise Lost takes place in the underworld and has an epic celestial conflict. Why this one? Because it has the coolest name, most likely.
Problem is when doing a "God of War clone", Greek mythology is the last place you want to start without being so obvious. And Paradise Lost does have battles sure... but that is just one half. Like God of War, it would be better to NOT claim to be based on one piece of work.

PS: Why the Hell did he sew a cross on his chest?
Play it and find out... although from your rant you won't.

EnzoHonda

Mar 5, 2008
Logic said:
"You're a ghost for 30 seconds and you leave me for a black guy."

One of my top 5 episodes.
Yeah, I'm surprised you're the first to mention this. That was the funniest line... ever. Just great.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
eframson said:
Hah...apparently I've been entirely despoiled by the Internet...I wasn't thinking "ohmygoodness, breasts!". Just "oh, hey. There are some breasts there." Also, despite all of the bad reviews the game has received, I...I kind of want to play it now.

...not because of the breasts. >.>
well the reviews of it weren't BAD but just not great either loll

anyway, the only reason why I'd be interested in this game at all (still haven't tried it, I personally dislike the genre as a whole) is the premise
I know they didn't exactly nail down the essence of the poem (okay, didn't at all), but from what I've seen of cutscenes and trailers, just the disturbing atmosphere of Hell and eternal damnation is so...creepily intriguing
(of course those of you who can't stand the game and consider playing to be an act of demonic punishment then well okay well thanks for the warning hahaha)

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
it's funny, God of War did those weird graphic animations too. or at least similarily. Or maybe I'm just getting that vibe from a head exploding from an arrow(which is in God of War)

haha. They didn't even try. DI and Darksiders are such great examples of how game developers don't even have to try any more. And that videogames cannot be art.

Goes

Jan 26, 2010
I wonder if they would ever make Chest-o-vision for women. It could be the next step, because it could be, like, 3D and everything!

Nice episode, great laugh.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Hileict said:
DerMetz[GER said:
]RUSSEL???
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Y'know.. I don't think he's dead! Remember, Dante killed Death! Therefore, I'm sure Russel just "got better" and we'll see him again soon!
Russel ain't dead! He's a cyborg, remember?

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
I can see why i had to give my age now lol
What, no comment of the dead Russel?
Gladiator.. Russel CROW.. d'aww =[

Great episode!

SkullCap

Nov 10, 2009
2:55

*GASP*
No, no not Russell! Satan you bastard! Damn you!

Oh Russ-what? He's a cyborg? ...........makes sense to me?

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
Anyone else get the age gate? Really, I can watch game play videos of people getting blown up, impaled, and set on fire, but breasts need a age check? Anyways, chest-o-vision, I'm not on board. I don't think I want to stare a mans chest all day with cross resolution.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
I can't believe they didn't say anything about the dead crow. Even something like "Oh my God they killed Russel! You bastards!"