Unskippable: Dante's Inferno

Orbert

Mar 19, 2010
Wow, that was amazingly close to being a heavy metal short. A similar animation style, boobs, and peoples' faces melting away when they die.

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
Pseudonym2 said:
The only thing the developers took from the poem is the sexism. Why are there prostitutes in the lust circle? It's not like women had a lot of job opportunities back then.
That's the only thing they took from the poem? Oh sure, except for Virgil, Pontious Pilate, Cleopatra, Mark Antony, Cerebus as a "great worm", Charon, the nine circles, and King Minos. I'd list more, but I've only gotten as far as Greed.

Anyways, I'm not trying to say that this game is really an accurate adaptation of The Inferno, but they tried. And it is pretty awesome to kill the rulers of Hell.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Reminds me of in Double 007 where the bad guy was watching a movie on a naked womans back XD

LeeshaJoy

Jun 22, 2009
Maybe it's because I'm a hetrosexual woman, but my only thought upon the glimpse of boobage was "So, none of the developers know what a woman's breasts actually look like when she's lying on her back?"

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Delock said:
It would be really sad if Chest-o-vision really did become the next big thing.
I could imagine the fan-girls wooing as we speak.

Good episode though! Hehe, "Good, the breasts are ok"

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
The level of dongs in the game escalates and reaches it's peak when you fight Lucifer. Lets just say from what I've heard he's well endowed. I've only played the demo and the Limbo circle level featured at Comic-con last year.

Ed.

Jan 14, 2010
LeeshaJoy said:
Maybe it's because I'm a hetrosexual woman, but my only thought upon the glimpse of boobage was "So, none of the developers know what a woman's breasts actually look like when she's lying on her back?"
I thought that looked a bit off but it didn't click, your right they didn't re do it for her on her back just the same model as when she is standing up as the ghost thing.

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
Great job as always guys! I loved the Chest-O-Vision thing. This game may have had an interesting premise, but it's too bad that it's just a God of War clone. On another note, the thing that I love about Unskippable is that you never quite know what game they'll rip on next. It's always a nice and pleasent surprise come every Monday.

cubikill

Apr 9, 2009
No mention on Russal the cutscene crow, Im so disappointed. Other than that funny, not the best, but I still enjoyed it.

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
Great breasts, deeeh, vid guys!

How is it physically possible for someone to NOT have seen Gladiator AND survive listening to "21 guns"?

I lol'ed quite a lot about the 5 minute drive in SCreed too:)

Keep up the good work.

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
Ummm... what? What the Hell (haha) was that?? I've read Dante's Inferno, none of that happens. In fact, none of it could have happened because Dante Alighieri lived a full century after Richard the Lionhearted's Crusade! I could go for hours about how much is wrong here! Its everything wrong with God of War, all over again! And the sad part is, nobody cares. Nothing about anything this game has shows any real knowledge or respect for the classic poem its "based on". And nobody cares about that either. Instead game developers and their consumers say: "Huh, firey pits of Hell sounds cool, wouldn't it be awesome to bash a demon's skull in? And let's add lots of breasts for no particular reason!" Was this game made by fifth graders?

Most offensive of all is that Beatrice Portinari, Dante's beloved symbol of all purity and his "salvation", is made into a sex object for no reason other than the fact that she's female in a God of War rip-off. The "queen of virtue" is made into turned into a constantly-nude object lusted after by pure masculine id, with more rape symbolism than I dare examine. What is wrong with these game developers?

Its amazing. You could make a video game out of any epic poem you want for your God of War clone, and you decide to go with the ONE that doesn't involve mass conflict as a central plot point. Why not use the Iliad? The Odyssey has lots of monsters. Paradise Lost takes place in the underworld and has an epic celestial conflict. Why this one? Because it has the coolest name, most likely.

Clearly to video game producers deeper significance and artistic merit mean nothing as long as there is blood and tits. Hey, if you want a game full of blood and tits, be my guest. But don't trample the literary classics because you're too lazy to come up with an original background. If you can't add anything significant to the story other than this sophomoric nonsense and pretensions to real human emotion, then you're just embarrassing yourself and infuriating anyone who ever enjoyed the original works.

PS: Why the Hell did he sew a cross on his chest?

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Jokes aside, and poor gameplay and the "adaptation" nightmare of the Epic Poem nonewithstanding:

The developers REALLY don't understand how skin works. Sowing a cross into your skin will not make it bend with the fleash when you move. You'd either become as stiff as a board or they'd rip out every other step

I mean, Hell and that lot is fine, but that was an actual real-life thing he did, apparantly. The "breaking of physics" that Hell entails dosen't count in Florence

Also, IT'S FIRENZE

Call it Firenze, people! Feer-ren-zay!

It sounds cooler, and it's the correct, Italian wording. Who the hell thinks "Florence" is a cool name?