Unskippable: Dark Void

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
Is Nolan North in EVERYTHING?! Seriously, last game I saw him in was Portal 2, playing multiple roles and totally pulling an Eddy Murphy.

OT: Awesome episode is awesome. That is all.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
To answer the question of what was being worn under the flight jacket: A Jedi Robe. It's kind of obvious ya know? That was Atton Rand wasn't it?

He parted his hair differently back in the Star Wars days. He got a bit fatter too, after the Star Wars days.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Ah, the not very rare nor elusive Hellifiknow. They seem to be the cause of a number of flying-related accidents, if not for the inconveniently placed pointy thing.

Nashidar

Jun 2, 2010
Graham_LRR said:
OH YEAH!

Hey everyone! We're selling a new Unskippable shirt. Based on a line from the Crysis 2 episode, may we present:

The Lasers of Understanding!

Art by LeeLee, who draws Name Game [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/namegame]!

It's a preorder, meaning you order it now, and if we sell enough by August 1st, we print it, and ship it to you. If not, we refund your money. Preordering is the only way to guarantee you'll get one, and in your size/color. Our shirts are always a limited run!
Sooooo tempting.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Nashidar said:
Quaxar said:
I know this show is called Unskippable but does that really justify placing an unskippable add in front of the actual show?
As another mentioned in the thread - Use Firefox with Adblock Plus Add-on and you're set. :)
Uhm... you might wanna rephrase that. Mods are not really advised to encourage the use of this addon.
I could also upgrade to PubClub, that'd rid me of adds without risking repercussions.

Nashidar

Jun 2, 2010
Quaxar said:
Nashidar said:
Quaxar said:
I know this show is called Unskippable but does that really justify placing an unskippable add in front of the actual show?
As another mentioned in the thread - Use Firefox with Adblock Plus Add-on and you're set. :)
Uhm... you might wanna rephrase that. Mods are not really advised to encourage the use of this addon.
I could also upgrade to PubClub, that'd rid me of adds without risking repercussions.
Wait ...so I could get in trouble for saying I use "x" Add-on with Firefox?

I wouldn't go without it when browsing the webpages on the Internet. Its a good protection tool.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Nashidar said:
Quaxar said:
Nashidar said:
Quaxar said:
Wait ...so I could get in trouble for saying I use "x" Add-on with Firefox?

I wouldn't go without it when browsing the webpages on the Internet. Its a good protection tool.
I know, man. I use it and NoScript myself (though turned off on this site). All I'm saying is that there have been warnings issued for mentioning it in an encouraging fashion.
Just to inform you about it if you're after the Neo badge.

Nashidar

Jun 2, 2010
Quaxar said:
All I'm saying is that there have been warnings issued for mentioning it in an encouraging fashion.
Just to inform you about it if you're after the Neo badge.
Ah. Fair enough. My bad there I guess. I was warned I'd get a warning. :p

JehuBot

Jun 1, 2011
wow , that was an amazing episode , guys !

The "Nolan North is the video game equivalent of Eddie Murphy" bit was great and so true.

yeah , if you played any of the games of nowadays , chances are that Nolan North is in it one way or another.

whether he's a protagonist (Nathan Drake , 2008 Prince , that Dark Void Dude) , a side character (Sigmund from Ratchet & Clank Future: a Crack in Time , the Russian professor from Resistance 2), or even an extra (Metal Gear Solid 4 , Mafia II , Saints Row 2)

which is annoying since most of the time he's doing his Nathan Drake voice , something almost ruined the experience of playing through PoP 2008 to me ! ><

and I almost died laughing at that Trophy moment , Graham's reaction to it was friggin hilarious ! XD

also , hurray for the return of "and that's the ___ time I died" gag. ^^

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
One of these day, a game will be made were all of the characters voiced by Nolan North go to war with all of the characters of Steve Blum.

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
"... and that was the seventh time I died."

THANK you!

Though I think they missed an opportunity when that robot showed up to say "Hey... you're that ninja..."

For the zoologically uninformed, an elephino is a cross between an elephant and a rhino. I know because that joke was used once on the Muppets. THE MUPPETS.

Lastly, I'm going to be disappointed if Nolan North eclipse Cam Clarke as the most prolific voice in video games. Of course I say that under the premise that Clarke was EVER considered such (I may be the only one on these boards that geeked out to hear Leonardo playing Liquid Snake), and not realizing that maybe the notoriety of Nolan North isn't that he's famous, but INfamous (ironic note of the day: he did voices in the game "inFAMOUS" also, along with TMNT co-"star" Mikey Kelley... have ALL of these guys been turtles at one time or another?), and maybe that's not a mantle I would want Clarke to don.