Unskippable: Dead Rising

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Dead Rising

In a mall, full of zombies, two guys (Graham & Paul) and a microphone are all that stands between you and boredom. This week, it's Dead Rising.

Watch Video

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
Nice, been waiting for this, had some pretty brilliant lines in that one, like the sim city reference, keep em comin :)

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
"Almost strangely quiet, as if the whole.."
"Ok, just stop right there."

Nice cross referencing :p

DanTheBigMan

Oct 18, 2008
Not bad, not bad...
Haven't played the game yet, which means I'm probably in a very small demographic, but I've been waiting for it for a while.
...And am I the only one who would like to play Sim City of the Dead?

Edit: Guess not.

mitsoxfan

Feb 12, 2008
Did they not notice that his hat has some strange clipping issues with his headsets? They couldn't erm, fix that?

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
Very amusing. There were lots of really good one liners. I definitely liked it a lot more than last weeks. It didn't seem to drag on as long.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
mitsoxfan said:
Did they not notice that his hat has some strange clipping issues with his headsets? They couldn't erm, fix that?
That's the new style these days. Brimmed hats with headset cutouts.

Haru_Elric

Jan 12, 2009
Virgil said:
mitsoxfan said:
That's the new style these days. Brimmed hats with headset cutouts.
They say that's the zombies only weakness, Other than smooth chests, of course

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Good stuff.

I wonder why they clipped out all the sequences where you can move the camera and take pictures of zombies. I get that it isn't a cutscene during those potions but given how many games mix gameplay with cutscenes it seems like they're gonna have to do it eventually.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Didn't Will Wright make SimCity not Sid Meier?

I only noticed that because often I've made that mistake, thinking Sid Meier made the Sim games/. I get confused because both the NPC's in Sid Meier's Pirates! and The Sims speak gibberish.

It was good that they used the default costume on the intro, and didn't go for the cheap laughs by dressing Frank in children's clothes (funny yet very disturbing).

Mukiwa

Sep 4, 2008
I havn't played Dead Rising before but I have to say that the protagonist looks very Indiana Jones-like here...