Unskippable: Deadly Premonition: Part 1

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Too bad this game is actually pretty decent. It definitely appeals to an older demographic (especially with all the references to 80s movies). Escapist should be fair and give this $20 game an honest review.

ranasan

Jun 17, 2009
LordVyreth said:
Wow, between the Giant Bomb and this, Deadly Premonition is freaking inescapable among humorous video game websites. As for the graphics, the game's only $20, guys. It's a budget title for a reason. Katamari Damacy's graphics weren't great either.
Finally someone who isn't ragging on the graphics. Just becasue a game looks pretty doesn't make it a good game!

ziggy161

Aug 29, 2008
That looks like such a weird game :/
I loved the 'and now for the crying women holding things up montage' line XD

wonkify

Oct 2, 2009
You nailed it. The symbolism just keeps getting thicker throughout the game.
My favorite game so far this year. Almost out-weirds Twin Peaks which it borrows from and references liberally.
Love it for all it's bizarro ugliness and amazing story. It's the complete story Twin Peaks got cancelled before finishing.
Love it.

Splitfire3

Dec 20, 2008
"And there goes the most interesting character of this cutscene! fare well, ladybug!"
brilliant, guys;D

Wandering Idiot

Nov 21, 2009
Anyone who laughed at this should check out the Giant Bomb Deadly Premonition Endurance Run: http://www.giantbomb.com/endurance-run-deadly-premonition-part-vj-01/17-2281/

It's basically an Unskippable for the ENTIRE GAME.

I can't wait until next time, when we meet Agent York: batshit insane FBI agent.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
These last few games ring no bells whatsoever. Probably didn't see an European release?

SpecklePattern

May 5, 2010
Those kids didn't even mind about the dead lady. Creepy kids. And nobody moves their faces. That cut scene was plainly creepy. The lack of graphical stuff made it actually not so scary, comic maybe.

The "don't trip on the three textures" comment was the funniest :)

Knorke

Apr 3, 2008
Oh come on Paul, the sax guy jamming it away was the best part about this cutscene :D

BTW am I the only one who is reminded of the bar scenes in freelancer when listening to the sax in this cutscene?

kidigus

Nov 17, 2009
I've seen better animations than that on fucking Gmod!

Of course I guess these would be less funny if they were waching good cutscenes.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Good god, that was easily the worst cutscene ever in an episode of Unskippable (as if nobody had said that earlier :p)

I await for part 2 with horror.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
So this is a videogame with the plot of Twin Peaks?! With an awful cutscene like this?!

EDIT: according to the critics the cutscenes and the soundtrack are awful. It might be the first time I ever remember to agree with critics. And for once I dont care if its a Xbox exclusive outside of Japan for now.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
i know how they're always like oh no we don't wanna do another cutscene but most of the time it's not that bad really at all
in this case however...oh god no, no more!
lol...it's painful to watch