Unskippable: Defiance

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Defiance

Graham and Paul defy your expectations in their look at Defiance.

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
Maybe I'm confused about the timeline, but who lets someone inject/implant a computer into them and doesn't bother turning it on, or even getting a basic idea of what it does, before they end up in exceedingly hostile terrain on a mission of critical importance to the human race?

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
Well that was good timing. I just put Defiance in the Xbox and it goes straight to a 26 min mandatory install so I came here to watch a video and it's this. Hope this scene isn't literally unskipable when its finished installing. Nope there's another 25 min patching ofc.
FFS there's too many patches to fit on the hard drive...

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
canadamus_prime said:
Well if Storage Wars was like this then I might actually watch it.
"So we totally scored this military storage locker out in Cali. We were hopping for weapons but instead we got enough nerd gear to dig up the entire Bay area. It's also haunted by this ghost that calls herself EGO. She's a total babe but talking to her gives me a headache."
"It also looks like she has had one too many botched botox sessions because her face never changes. It creeps me the fuck out."

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
"Holy shako you're alive!"

Leaving out the truly awful attempt at a future swear word, why would you look in the pod if you thought she's dead?

How exactly does something only one person can see gewt behind that character? Whoever designed that implant was either stupid or insane.

Camaranth

Feb 4, 2011
I can't imagine having a personal AI called EGO. Imagine talking to someone about it

"Damn my EGO crashed..."
"What? You're having self esteem issues?"

Also I can't decide if "Shtako"is worse than "Frell" for made up swear words that can be said on TV before watershed.

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
"And you may want to arm yourself a bit more. The locals aren't known for their charm."

Yeah, some parts of San Francisco can get pretty rough...

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
Hm...? I'm sorry were you guys saying something in those first few minutes? You'll have to forgive me, I had a little trouble paying attention what with all of this Todd Haberkorn in my ears.

That guy seems to be poppin' up everywhere lately.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
UNHchabo said:
"And you may want to arm yourself a bit more. The locals aren't known for their charm."

Yeah, some parts of San Francisco can get pretty rough...
Good job she has such a vast array of rocks and sticks to choose from!

OT: Ah Unskippable; making Mondays tolerable :)

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
I greatly enjoyed this game, was my biggest surprise of the year. 75 hours well spent and look forward to playing more later down the line.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
So where is the Super Ego and the Id? And all the phallic symbols in the Freud simulator?

Did the 15 year old on XBL really bang my mum?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
That random generated character looks like Lisbeth Salander.

In which case, I think she will be fine in that craptastic place, and the locals should probably fear her instead of the other way around.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
kailus13 said:
"Holy shako you're alive!"

Leaving out the truly awful attempt at a future swear word, why would you look in the pod if you thought she's dead?

How exactly does something only one person can see gewt behind that character? Whoever designed that implant was either stupid or insane.
I can't say for sure, whether or not Battlestar Galactica started it, but they definitely made it popular.

Wraithsight

[PREFSTRING:insanity]
Jul 6, 2008
Laura Baily gleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

/fanboy

One thing I have never understood is why writers feel the need to make up swearwords to show its the future. If you are speaking English pick on of the may perfectly workable ones we have. And don't give me that "Its a translator microbe and it cant translate that word" crap. A good translator would pick the closest approximation.

Keith Fraser

Mar 12, 2012
Wraithsight said:
Laura Baily gleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

/fanboy

One thing I have never understood is why writers feel the need to make up swearwords to show its the future. If you are speaking English pick on of the may perfectly workable ones we have. And don't give me that "Its a translator microbe and it cant translate that word" crap. A good translator would pick the closest approximation.
As kailus13 alluded to above, often it's so they can have characters realistically swearing without featuring words you can't have on TV before 9pm. 'Frack' from Battlestar Galactica is one of the less subtle examples. The most ridiculous one I've ever seen was 'fardles' (and its variant 'fardling'), used by Anne McCaffrey in several of her novels and short stories.