Unskippable: Destiny - Eyes Up Guardian

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Destiny - Eyes Up Guardian

It was the end, but it also was a beginning... of an end.

Watch Video

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
I don't think it was a time labs effect. They're auto-filter just bugged out, Instamars will be a big thing.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I'm assuming that was supposed to be the first manned mission to Mars, so why the hell did they bring guns? What were they expecting to find? The Martians from Mars Attacks?

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
canadamus_prime said:
I'm assuming that was supposed to be the first manned mission to Mars, so why the hell did they bring guns? What were they expecting to find? The Martians from Mars Attacks?
I'm guessing the assumption is that they'd seen the Traveler already and were sent to investigate. Not like a giant white orb next to Mars is going to get missed.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Slycne said:
canadamus_prime said:
I'm guessing the assumption is that they'd seen the Traveler already and were sent to investigate. Not like a giant white orb next to Mars is going to get missed.
Yeah, but why the guns? What are they expecting to find in giant ping-pong ball?

Kyrdra

May 19, 2013
canadamus_prime said:
Slycne said:
canadamus_prime said:
Yeah, but why the guns? What are they expecting to find in giant ping-pong ball?
bring guns first ask questions later?

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
To be fair, Curiosity did kill the space marine.

Also, the Man must embark on his epic Journey with his trusty Sidekick to stop the Evil so that he may claim his rightful place as the Protector of the Galaxy.

Do they at least get points for being blunt for once?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Kyrdra said:
canadamus_prime said:
Slycne said:
canadamus_prime said:
bring guns first ask questions later?
Must be American astronauts.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Sometimes I find it funny that people forget that The Ghost is a robot. They complain that he sounds lifeless and lacking emotion. Newsflash: Not all robots have personality. Especially the mass produced kinds, I mean there are millions of them out there. It isn't like Dinklbot has very advanced functions.
1. check wikipedia
2. scan a thing
3. cross reference thing with wikipedia.

Not every robot is going to be a Guilty Spark, or a Personality Core. Sometimes a robot is going to be somewhat robotic.

K.ur said:
I don't think it was a time labs effect. They're auto-filter just bugged out, Instamars will be a big thing.
Haven't you ever seen a Time Labs before? Messing with time really messes up the way the universe works.

btw, the term you wanted was "time lapse"

Jburton9

Aug 21, 2012
Thank you for the video post. "The end of everything..." Yeah the beginning of many contradictions, heh.

You would think there would be a celebration or at the very least a little bit of shock and awe of a "guardian" who has been dead for a long time is suddenly back.

Hopefully there will be some in game explanations later hmm.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Slycne said:
canadamus_prime said:
Ping-pong? I thought that was a giant pinball. So would whoever masters it then become The Pinball Wizard? There has to be a twist!

OT: Now I want a robot that sounds like Peter Dinkladge. If Dinklebot isn't in the game all that much, I just won't bother.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Slycne said:
But the Traveler already came, to New York, in the shape of a giant marshmallow man. The Ghostbusters defeated it.