Unskippable: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls - Death Is Kind of a Jerk

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls - Death Is Kind of a Jerk

On second thought, yeah, you probably should fear the reaper. You should fear him a lot.

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
Isn't "the Tale of How Everything Was Fine" the story of Animal Crossing? (Although it might also be "The Tale of That Bastard Tom Nook And His Gouging".)

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Correction:

The room was built by the Nephalem many years ago. The room is in an ancient Nephilim city.
All they did, was find the deepest room in the deepest cave thing.
(Nephilim were the spawn of Angels and Demons; Protohumans. The Nephilim were seen as a threat so they were weakened; less power and lived mortal lives. They eventually reduced down to boring old humanity)

I guess the reason the Reaper of Souls found the stone so soon was that he used to be "The Arch Angel of Wisdom". So I guess, he used his Noggin to locate where it'd be placed.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
You couldn't destroy the stone??? Couldn't you just take it to the Hellforge and smash it like the other ones?

And yeah, why do they always put the mcguffins that can destroy the world on such elaborate pedestals?
"Yes let's put the mcguffin of ultimate doom on this over elaborate pedestal in this over elaborate temple. I'm sure nobody will think to look for it there."

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
You couldn't destroy the stone??? Couldn't you just take it to the Hellforge and smash it like the other ones?

And yeah, why do they always put the mcguffins that can destroy the world on such elaborate pedestals?
"Yes let's put the mcguffin of ultimate doom on this over elaborate pedestal in this over elaborate temple. I'm sure nobody will think to look for it there."
Yeah, it was a man-made stone is why. They KNEW what the Soul Stones did when destroyed when made by Angels, Zultan Khuul(sp?) made that Black Soul Stone to harness the power of the Lords of Hell and draw on it like a battery. They got no clue what would happen if they destroyed it.

Malthiel destroys it in the boss fight with him at the end of the expansion to absorb the strength of Diablo/Tiamat and after killing him you find out that Diablo/Tiamat was released in the process. So no, NOT destroying it was the correct course of action this time

P.S.: ESCAPIST! I have over 1,000 posts dammit, I am NOT a bot stop captcha'ing me every damn POST!

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
otakon17 said:
canadamus_prime said:

Yeah, it was a man-made stone is why. They KNEW what the Soul Stones did when destroyed when made by Angels, Zultan Khuul(sp?) made that Black Soul Stone to harness the power of the Lords of Hell and draw on it like a battery. They got no clue what would happen if they destroyed it.

Malthiel destroys it in the boss fight with him at the end of the expansion to absorb the strength of Diablo/Tiamat and after killing him you find out that Diablo/Tiamat was released in the process. So no, NOT destroying it was the correct course of action this time

P.S.: ESCAPIST! I have over 1,000 posts dammit, I am NOT a bot stop captcha'ing me every damn POST!
Oh... Well putting it on pedestal is still a stupid idea. They should've probably put it in a sealed box, put that box in another sealed box, put that box in yet another sealed box and dropped the whole thing into the depths of the ocean.

Also it doesn't matter how many posts you have you're still going to get dinged with capchas. I have over 10,000 and I still get fucking capthcas. I've railed against them before to no avail.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
otakon17 said:
canadamus_prime said:

Oh... Well putting it on pedestal is still a stupid idea. They should've probably put it in a sealed box, put that box in another sealed box, put that box in yet another sealed box and dropped the whole thing into the depths of the ocean.

Also it doesn't matter how many posts you have you're still going to get dinged with capchas. I have over 10,000 and I still get fucking capthcas. I've railed against them before to no avail.
YOU MEAN TO SAY THEY SHOULD HAVE PUT IT INTO...

THE HORADRIC CUBE?

HMMMMMMMM...

well maybe.

Maybe that temple is in the cube already.

Maybe Sanctuary is in the cu-- Oh god.

OH NO.

I'M JUST A PIECE OF THE HORADRIC STAFF SOMEONE IS GOING TO USE IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE TO OPEN DURIEL'S L

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Ferisar said:
canadamus_prime said:
otakon17 said:
canadamus_prime said:

YOU MEAN TO SAY THEY SHOULD HAVE PUT IT INTO...

THE HORADRIC CUBE?

HMMMMMMMM...

well maybe.

Maybe that temple is in the cube already.

Maybe Sanctuary is in the cu-- Oh god.

OH NO.

I'M JUST A PIECE OF THE HORADRIC STAFF SOMEONE IS GOING TO USE IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE TO OPEN DURIEL'S L
No no. The Horadric Cube isn't secure enough. We need something much more secure than that.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Well, at least now we know how the rest of that ad we had to sit through a couple of months a go went.
canadamus_prime said:

Did you expect them to put it in a box with the accent rune equivalent of "DO NOT OPEN" on it? That never works either!

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
Is it just me or is Diablo 3 the most disappointing game in the last 10 years? How can it be THIS MUCH WORSE than Diablo 2.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Darth_Payn said:
Well, at least now we know how the rest of that ad we had to sit through a couple of months a go went.
canadamus_prime said:

Did you expect them to put it in a box with the accent rune equivalent of "DO NOT OPEN" on it? That never works either!
Of course not. Which is why I said it needed to be sealed in a series of recursive boxes, the kind that once closed can never be opened, and then dumped into the depths of the ocean.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
Flunk said:
Is it just me or is Diablo 3 the most disappointing game in the last 10 years? How can it be THIS MUCH WORSE than Diablo 2.
Diablo 3 at release was incredibly disappointing. Diablo 2 was similarly meh at release. Expansions helped both games immensely. 3 is an entirely different beast now, one I rather enjoy.

ThatDarnCoyote

Dec 3, 2011
They should have put a plaster cast of the Black Soulstone on the creepy spider altar, and put the real one in one of several nondescript filing cabinets off in a corner.