Unskippable: Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories - Gardening In Hell is Hard

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories - Gardening In Hell is Hard

Especially when people keep DROPPING STARS ONTO YOUR FLOWERS!

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
You know, the first thing I would do as Overlord is pass a law saying no one can crash meteorites into my house or lawn (except for me). It just seems like the best thing to do.

Also, I don't know who told JRPG makers that they could simulate a shirt with a band of cloth across the breasts and some armbands, but I wish they'd stop.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
Yeah I don't think the meteorite transport system is exactly viable.
Someone should've told the Little Prince from Planet B-6-12 that. (Bonus points if you remember THAT reference!)

Shalok

May 28, 2012
God, I almost couldn't finish watching that, the in game voices were so grating

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Wow the English VA's for Disgaea aren't very good. I've only ever used the Japanese ones.

Also, this is Disgaea D2 not Disgaea 2.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
I'm guessing the flower turns out to be the end boss or something?
canadamus_prime said:
Damnit. I just got stock in Meteoritravel Inc. It seemed like such a good idea on paper!

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
GamemasterAnthony said:
canadamus_prime said:
Someone should've told the Little Prince from Planet B-6-12 that. (Bonus points if you remember THAT reference!)
Except the Little Prince used comets, not meteors. Comets are much more viable.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
This is Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness.

Cursed Memories is another Disgaea game altogether.

Although they're both "2" games, so I can understand the mix up.

Kasual13

Aug 28, 2013
I agree with the guy above me, please correct the title Graham, as it is atually "Disgaea D2: A Brighter darkness". Also you also might want to change the thumbnail on the homepage to this episode, as it actually uses a picture from "Disgaea 2 Cursed Memories".

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
scorptatious said:
This is Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness.

Cursed Memories is another Disgaea game altogether.

Although they're both "2" games, so I can understand the mix up.
I thought that something was off. I hadn't played either of them yet so I was a bit confused

Briantb

Feb 6, 2014
Its already been mentioned but this is for Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness which was a sequel to the original game of the series

Strife2GFAQs

Apr 13, 2009
I'm nuts for JRPGs and all, but HOW is this **** popular? Atelier (limited as it is) feels like Persona quality compared to this. Maybe the gameplay salvages it. Being an SRPG, I'll never know.

I feel dirty watching this.

anian

Sep 10, 2008
So children (they look to be at most young teenagers) talk about flower planting, acting like kinder-gardeners AND there's a girl wearing practically S&M clothes...who the hell is this game for!?

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
GamemasterAnthony said:
canadamus_prime said:
I thought it was going to be a reference to this [http://xkcd.com/618/] but since I don't see B-6-12 anywhere on there, I guess I don't get those points.
...wait, it does refer to that! Just to the original, not the spoof. I never knew that was its name! I just thought it was "random asteroid" or something.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Strife2GFAQs said:
I'm nuts for JRPGs and all, but HOW is this **** popular? Atelier (limited as it is) feels like Persona quality compared to this. Maybe the gameplay salvages it. Being an SRPG, I'll never know.

I feel dirty watching this.
It most definitely does. Besides the large amount of classes you can play as and the large amount of customization, the lv. cap in these games is 9999. And you can go FAR FAR beyond that through constantly reincarnating your characters.

Plus, the stories and characters are pretty humorous IMO. Of course, it is an acquired taste I'll admit.