Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Drakengard 3 - Oh God, There's So Much Blood

Also, it's a bad day to be a narrator.

Watch Video

Strife2GFAQs

Apr 13, 2009
Tara Platt as main character VA...****ING SOLD!

So, since we killed the narrator, does that mean we can kill anyone in the midst of conversation? She sounds like the right character to do it with.

Hiramas

Aug 31, 2010
These Japanese games make for the best unskippables. They are on a level of crazy that is hard to master.
Also, I think someone used the trailer as an intro cinematic there. Lazy devs....

Darklord008

Dec 14, 2011
"What? What's going on? Sorry I'm late, I'm a dragon, hello!" Killed me, as did the narrator FINALLY getting killed in one of these.

I suppose a part 2 is too much to hope for?

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Unskippable does the final cutscene from Drakengard 1. It'll be short :D

bigdork

Nov 9, 2010
I don't think the dragon's breathing helium. It seems to be breathing hydrogen. The sound is very similar. Also, how did you think fiery breath worked?

MattmanX311

Oct 22, 2008
Now for a follow up I'd like to see someone play the Branch D final "boss" on the twitch stream. Just as a reference as to whether or not you'd be cursing the developers as much as I was.

varmintx

Oct 6, 2011
Whatever the quality of the actual game, stabbing the narrator in the middle of him prattling on is the coolest thing I've seen a game in a long time.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
This was an especially weird episode from a Japanese game, weirder still to watch on the bus to work. Oh well, better that than the office.
Funniest lines for me were "Who gave the dragon helium?" and the joy of killing the narrator. But this opening cutscene with the flash forwards failed at the prime task of a game's opening cutscene: letting me know what in the everliving FUCK is going on!

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Ohhh yeaaahhh-(killed by crazy flower lady)

Lots of games end their prologue with the narrator turning out to be telling a story to the other characters, but this is the only one where the narrator is murdered before he finishes.

The other four Narrators who protect the world through the power of exposition are not going to like this... She will feel the wrath of Movie Narrator and Dragon Ball Z Narrator.

I realize it's old and not voiced, but I would love to see you guys do the intro to Wild Arms 3, including the opening to Virginia's chapter.

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
Well, that's a good way to make players pay attention to growling-old-man-narrator #19423. I can think of a few other games where I wouldn't mind the game opening with the protagonist killing the narrator.

The only other game I can think of that did something like this was Evil Genius, where your bond-villain protagonist murders the tutorial-giver once she has "outlived her usefulness", i.e. at the end of the tutorial.

Jan 12, 2012
josh4president said:
Oh, I remember this game.

KEEP GOING

People deserve to know how deep this rabbit hole goes.
Second that; it looks really pretty, and it sounds like there's a wealth of jokes to be had.

Also, expecting six sisters to get along? I've seen three of them go at each other with kitchen supplies during an argument about grilled cheese; we should be grateful that the worst they're doing is fighting some cosmic battle for the sake of the planet.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Did anyone else find this confusing and random as hell?

It kind of started of as an intro but then it become one of those game trailer but then intro and the narrator was killed and blah!

Also the white cloths girl remind me of Weiss from RWBY.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Oh, wow. Just started this game on a friend's console. What are the chances?

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
I have no clue what I just watched, but I think I might need to get this game now. I do remember Jim's review of it, but I'd never seen any actual footage or anything so it kinda fell off my radar.

castlewise said:
So is she the good guy or the bad guy?
Yes.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
First Asura's Wrath, and now this. Seems like Unskippable's been doing a lot of games I like recently :p

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
So, is all that talk about peace and justice and happiness the other five intoners brought just propaganda or do you actually play as a murderous demon-lady with a fire-breathing behemoth, sowing death and destruction? I ask because seeing countless mooks horribly slaughtered is one thing and common enough in games, but if they're horribly slaughtered for good then it's alright, I guess. Yet, if they're horribly slaughtered for evil, then it isn't. That's how that works, right?