Unskippable: Drakengard 3 - Oh God, There's So Much Blood

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Skeleon said:
So, is all that talk about peace and justice and happiness the other five intoners brought just propaganda or do you actually play as a murderous demon-lady with a fire-breathing behemoth, sowing death and destruction?
Yes and yes.

It's complicated, but the short of it is that most every belligerent is correct.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
crimson5pheonix said:
Yes and yes.

It's complicated, but the short of it is that most every belligerent is correct.
...can I play as a third party who fights both groups to actually fix stuff rather than replace one evil with another? I'm guessing not.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Skeleon said:
crimson5pheonix said:
Yes and yes.

...can I play as a third party who fights both groups to actually fix stuff rather than replace one evil with another? I'm guessing not.
Well no, your character is saving the world. Through excessive sex and violence. Your character is actually a force for the good of the world. Of course, you don't learn the full of this until right before the fourth ending.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
This game is odd. It's all the things I usually run away from. But... Blimey, it's such a trip. And above all, it made me care.

It was a strange experience, worlds away from my usual haunts. But damn it, Zero & C:eek:, those were good times.

It's also a good general survival device. If a swearing, sword-swining angel with an entourage of weirdoes arrives to storm the office, well... Keep out of her way.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
This insanity clearly needs at least one more episode.
Seriously... what where these guys THINKING?!!! :D

Worst/funniest part; Awesome dragon sounds like a 2 year old soprano singer got kicked in the balls.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Kenjitsuka said:
Worst/funniest part; Awesome dragon sounds like a 2 year old soprano singer got kicked in the balls.
There's actually two Dragons in the game trailer. The "Awesome" one that you see in the trailer but doesn't speak (Michael) has a more gruff/serious voice, while the other one that you only hear at the beginning but don't see (Mikhail) sounds like a 2-year old (and to be fair, he IS only a few years old.)

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Aeshi said:
Kenjitsuka said:
There's actually two Dragons in this game. The "Awesome" one that you see in the trailer but doesn't speak (Michael) has a more gruff/serious voice, while the other one that you only hear at the beginning but don't see (Mikhail) sounds like a 2-year old (and to be fair, he IS only a few years old.)
There are three dragons. Don't forget Gabriel.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
crimson5pheonix said:
Technically five, counting Zophiel & Ezrael as well. I probably should've said "In the Trailer" shouldn't I?

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Aeshi said:
crimson5pheonix said:
Technically five, counting Zophiel & Ezrael as well. I probably should've said "In the Trailer" shouldn't I?
True. Too bad they only show up in one fight each if I remember right.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Bloodshed, murder and dragons? This is a Drakengard game, alright... still, the bit about actually murdering the narrator threw me for a loop there.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
"Don't bring a sword to the dragonfight"
My all RPG characters who have met dragons beg to differ
But I agree that spear would be more practical

Also you should watch your language.
I know, poking at someone that isn't like you is fun
But even best jokes can't overshadow that Paul is kinda racist
Just because someone happened to be born with bigger body, scaled skin, wings and ability to exhale fire doesn't mean he is worse than you or me.

P.S. Graham is almost racist.

madmatt

Jan 12, 2010
A moment of silence for the narrator... only pov cutscenes now, I hope.

Also I loved the intoner joke

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
Too bad they couldn't have gotten that nonsense when she regrows a new body out of the flower blossom growing out of her own eyeball.

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
crimson5pheonix said:
Unskippable does the final cutscene from Drakengard 1. It'll be short :D
Which Final cutscene? They had like 4 Final cutscenes.

Also, they made a third one of these??

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Roganzar said:
crimson5pheonix said:
Unskippable does the final cutscene from Drakengard 1. It'll be short :D
Which Final cutscene? They had like 4 Final cutscenes.

Also, they made a third one of these??
The final final one. After the final final rhythm battle. In black and white. What with the tragedy.

Technically 4 if you count Neir, which is the (distant) sequel to the 5th ending of Drakengard 1.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
I enjoyed Drakengard 3 very much. When I finished it I was literally shaking as I was playing it while watching my laptop, and any small mistake would have sent me back to the beginning.

For those who don't know the ending has a little rhythm game where at the start you can visually do it like any other, but after a bit the camera moves around so much it becomes much more difficult and than there are shots where it goes so close up you can't see the visual aid anymore...and than there is the black screen at the end... Basically the best way to clear it if you can't beat it with just your ears is to have a laptop with the youtube video up and following that perfectly.
By Sony's counting 10% of players beat the final segment so I suppose its not as bad as people say it is.

Skeleon said:
So, is all that talk about peace and justice and happiness the other five intoners brought just propaganda or do you actually play as a murderous demon-lady with a fire-breathing behemoth, sowing death and destruction? I ask because seeing countless mooks horribly slaughtered is one thing and common enough in games, but if they're horribly slaughtered for good then it's alright, I guess. Yet, if they're horribly slaughtered for evil, then it isn't. That's how that works, right?
The soldiers see the 5 intoners (not Zero who you play as) as living saints/goddesses due to their songs subjugating them so they aren't bad people. In fact what happens to them in the other branches beyond the first is downright cruel as there is a lot of enemy chatter in the game, and hearing their distorted talk after they get mind broken is quite something.

The intoners themselves are a mixed bunch with two being obviously evil, another putting on a show of being good, another is actually good, and the leader knows what Zero knows and is working towards the same path in the end.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Rozalia1 said:
I enjoyed Drakengard 3 very much. When I finished it I was literally shaking as I was playing it while watching my laptop, and any small mistake would have sent me back to the beginning.

For those who don't know the ending has a little rhythm game where at the start you can visually do it like any other, but after a bit the camera moves around so much it becomes much more difficult and than there are shots where it goes so close up you can't see the visual aid anymore...and than there is the black screen at the end... Basically the best way to clear it if you can't beat it with just your ears is to have a laptop with the youtube video up and following that perfectly.
By Sony's counting 10% of players beat the final segment so I suppose its not as bad as people say it is.

Skeleon said:
So, is all that talk about peace and justice and happiness the other five intoners brought just propaganda or do you actually play as a murderous demon-lady with a fire-breathing behemoth, sowing death and destruction? I ask because seeing countless mooks horribly slaughtered is one thing and common enough in games, but if they're horribly slaughtered for good then it's alright, I guess. Yet, if they're horribly slaughtered for evil, then it isn't. That's how that works, right?
The soldiers see the 5 intoners (not Zero who you play as) as living saints/goddesses due to their songs subjugating them so they aren't bad people. In fact what happens to them in the other branches beyond the first is downright cruel as there is a lot of enemy chatter in the game, and hearing their distorted talk after they get mind broken is quite something.

The intoners themselves are a mixed bunch with two being obviously evil, another putting on a show of being good, another is actually good, and the leader knows what Zero knows and is working towards the same path in the end.
My friend actually beat that boss with no outside help. Just a good set of headphones and patience. I had to use the computer trick because fuck that noise, they made the most annoying part of the first game even more annoying, damn trolls :\

Aerotrain

Sep 7, 2014
So an action RPG with flashy visuals and a crazy epic plot where you play a kick-ass goddess with a pet dragon... I only have one question: When is Adam gonna stream this game?