Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Dubiousduke

Jan 27, 2008
That was hilarious! keep it up!

The only good thing that can be said about Tenuto is that it's close to a better town....

Zabadack

Mar 22, 2008
Pages and pages of people saying this was good, can't understand why.

Most of the jokes were just ignorant of the subject and ended up making them
seem stupid at the same time.

I guess you boomfest fanboys prefer a story not to hurt the few brain cells left.

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
i really enjoy this because its the exact same humour me and my best friend have, in alot of games iplay i do the exact same thing they do so i find it very entertaining that their making videos of what i would say in the same case

The Immortal

Jan 8, 2009
Great show. It's always entertaining to hear a woman verbually abusing her child.

I'm officially declaring war on waves so that it can never be the premise to a horrible cutscene.

Trisk

Jan 8, 2009
Absolutely wonderful. Even the dry presentation makes me crack up. I love it, keep 'em coming.

Primoman

Jan 8, 2009
Hey, I just created a new account to tell you guys that I loved your premiere vid, and I'm looking forward to whatever cutscenes you'll be roasting next.

I also hope you'll revisit Eternal Sonata in the future, especially with this ridiculously drawn out cutscene (SPOILER WARNING): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X65VNWFQDcE

Even gave you props on my blog: www.blamethelag.wordpress.com

Hope you'll be doing these weekly. Keep up the good work.

rokudan

Dec 20, 2008
Man, I never thought I would hear a "Reading Rainbow" reference out of that. I almost choked on my drink.

Keep it up, and if you can add some Shadows for the full MST3K effect.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
god if i ever play that game suicide or watching this again instead of the cut scene will be my only options

btw guys great work i would love to see what game you do next

Rolling 20

Jan 1, 2009
I was quite impressed. The guy with the lower voice and the wry sense of humour matched what I like to hear in these sorts of things. I found his input funnier then the other guy. However, the 'other' guy (as he is now known to me) and his louder, more aggressive attempts at humour needs to find a way of balancing this out better. The dry humour of the first is ideal for this sort of thing, whereas aggressive humour is not ideal. If a compromise is found that can balance the both out, then I believe this show could be quite successful.

There were plenty of funny moments for me to look forward to a sequal. Good Luck to the both of you.

Dele

Oct 25, 2008
Cousin_IT said:
couldnt do it. Couldnt sit through it all. I tried, but just couldnt. Boring & slow overdub to a boring & slow cutscene
Seconded

Logie--bear

TARDIS Stalker
Feb 2, 2008
I may have said it earlier, but I will say it again in a more blatant way.

I FUCKING LOVE UNSKIPPABLE!!!

Syphonz

Aug 22, 2008
Dele said:
Cousin_IT said:
couldnt do it. Couldnt sit through it all. I tried, but just couldnt. Boring & slow overdub to a boring & slow cutscene
Seconded
THIRD!

But I won't lie, Unskippable HAS potential to be good. A huge part of why this is pretty boring is that it's nothing but constant one liners with numerous seconds between each joke. If they they could actually keep a decent pace in the jokes, make it a little more than just one liners, and possibly try to improve on some emphasis in your voices so they're not so mono-tone 90% of the time, there is something to this.

To be brutally honest, I think me and my friend's could do a better job. Any one can just take a really long cutscene from a game and sit there waiting for an oppertune moment to make a one-line call. I'm not exactly sure how so many people can be "falling off my chair laughing" to this show, I could only make to the second narrator joke before I turned it off to write this comment.

Onyxblackwolf

Oct 18, 2008
Zabadack said:
Pages and pages of people saying this was good, can't understand why.

Most of the jokes were just ignorant of the subject and ended up making them
seem stupid at the same time.

I guess you boomfest fanboys prefer a story not to hurt the few brain cells left.
Wrong. This game's cutscenes are mostly nonsense meant to be "deep" and it deserved a solid roasting. If you can sit through the ending cinematic without wishing it to be OVER GOD JUST END then there's something clearly wrong with your brain.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed PLAYING this game, but it's story was awful. It's like the RPG equivalent of MGS4 but with more insane ramblings and less gameplay.

12th_milkshake

Nov 20, 2008
Pyroman31 said:
Great stuff....but we have already been doing this for almost a year...

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E226293178B185E1

:)
yup pretty interesting that... and of course redvsblue ZP and many many more seem to be doing it better... but hey they won an award! so lets give them the benefit of the doubt then go amuse ourselves with with their 'CRAZY' antics. Beat that horse! BEAT IT!

Clairaudient

Aug 12, 2008
I'm sorry but this really comes off as something that could be funny if it was being improvised by your and several friends. The commentary is quick witted, but it's also scripted, so I expect more since it's playing up an improvised/sarcastic response style of humor. The voice itself also bugs me, but that's a matter of opinion (as well as the rest of this post is too I suppose).

p1ne

Nov 20, 2007
This got a genuine lol out of me. It was kind of long, but then, so was that damn cutscene.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
I saw it at the end of the most recent zp, and after being thouroughly disappointed in yhtzees lack of humours and witty remarks, that was exactly what I needed.
"no, thats stupid..." its like they dozed off at the end of every sentance.lolol