Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Onyxblackwolf

Oct 18, 2008
This really needs both guys sitting in the bottom right corner looking upward a la MST3K.

Also they need to talk louder, because I had to crank up the volume for this :(

Qukatt

Jan 7, 2009
doffmann said:
isnt this just a rip off of Mystery Science Theater 3000 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M4_XZ3FLHw
Rip off?

Try "homage" :)

Loved it, as a massive MST3K fan it's great to see others in this vein of humour. Not quite up there with the Kung Pow but certainly will be checking back to see what else you guys come up with (*fingers crossed for the various cutscenes that had me in stitches even before commentary :D*)

aegis207

Jan 8, 2009
Brilliant stuff guys, it's the combination of mystery science theater style dubbing and witty, eclectic gaming humor that makes this "Unskippable" feature something I'll look forward to every Monday on Escapist.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Uh. Good premise, wasted by far too few jokes and bad ones at that. Need to have more talk and more humour to justify sitting through this boring mess.

Kindlebee92

May 15, 2008
Literally had me rolling on the floor laughin my ass off!! LOVE IT!!! Make more and Ill give you cookies!!

and just realized, made by Graham Stark and Paul Saunders

my name is Paul Stark

freaky o_O

Guy32

Jan 4, 2009
I smiled at about half of the jokes but only a few I thought were really funny. I honestly didn't think think it was that great, but give it a few weeks to redeem itself. '~'

Frawns

Oct 1, 2008
hahaha, awesome stuff!
"Someday, the village of Tanuto wishes to achieve actual gameplay" xD

Azeban

Sep 27, 2008
Wow, great job guys. This is much funnier than anything else I've seen on the Escapist in a while.

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
Wow, the dialogue in that game was really pretty crap.

If my mother ever started talking like that, I would assume she went senile.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Qukatt said:
doffmann said:
isnt this just a rip off of Mystery Science Theater 3000
Rip off?

Try "homage" :)
Pretty much.

I would be lying if I said we weren't big fans of MST3K ourselves. And we've always wanted to do that basic idea, except for video game scenes. But it's not something they'd ever do themselves, so I don't feel we're stepping on their turf.

Someone mentioned us talking more in the scenes. That's a tricky thing, because you have to allow the scene to just be itself to a certain extent, or else the whole joke is lost.
Still, this was a particularly sloooowwww scene. Check back next week, it'll be a different game!

Pyroman31

Jan 8, 2009
Great stuff....but we have already been doing this for almost a year...

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E226293178B185E1

:)

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
haha, this is great. I will watch these from now on. "...and the Grammy award goes to"... UnSkippable for best dub.