Unskippable: Final Fantasy XII

JenXXXJen

Mar 11, 2009
Haha! That was awesome! If this is what you managed with this one, imagine how well you'd do with the other FF games...

Hey, you skipped a bit, theres a scene between everyone round the table and the ships lifting off, where he grabs a sword and goes AHHHHH in front of the crowd.

Lord Harrab

Jun 24, 2008
Wait, if they have the technology to make those ships stay in the air, why are they riding chickens, hacking at each other with swords and shooting arrows at each other?

EDIT: and wearing ineffective plate Armour for Russel's sake. You'd think someone would have picked up on the fact having a hole in the front kinda defeats the purpose of wearing it.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Terrific episode one of your best I think, Russel eating the camera at the end had me cracking up.

Zivlok

Dec 12, 2008
I like how you can hear Paul start to laugh at the acid joke. Also, I was thinking the exact same thing about crows at the end, too.

gim73

Jul 17, 2008
Doug said:
Excellent video! Russ the crow (and family), Bunny girls, and flightless chickens. Also, the 'happy couple' looked about 16 and 14. Ew.

However, one thing you didn't seem to pick on that stuck out for me.... Ok, so, they have flighting machines with automatic guns onboard, so why the hell are all the infantry fighting with swords and bows? Seriously?!
Uh, yep, that sounds about right. Ashe is actually 17 for the wedding. And what would it matter if they were 16 and 14? Political marriages in medivial times often occured at the age of 11 or 12. There as still places in the world where that is not frowned upon. Just because you have particular values instilled in you doesn't mean you should force them upon other cultures.

MDSnowman

Apr 8, 2004
.. so... are you single?

God I hated FFXII so much, it's fun watching them mock it.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
"You could have chosen to ride the flying eagle into battle, but no you had to pick the flight less bird because why? it looked fancy" One of the best quotes ever from Unskippable!

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
gim73 said:
Doug said:
Excellent video! Russ the crow (and family), Bunny girls, and flightless chickens. Also, the 'happy couple' looked about 16 and 14. Ew.

However, one thing you didn't seem to pick on that stuck out for me.... Ok, so, they have flighting machines with automatic guns onboard, so why the hell are all the infantry fighting with swords and bows? Seriously?!
Uh, yep, that sounds about right. Ashe is actually 17 for the wedding. And what would it matter if they were 16 and 14? Political marriages in medivial times often occured at the age of 11 or 12. There as still places in the world where that is not frowned upon. Just because you have particular values instilled in you doesn't mean you should force them upon other cultures.
Well, today isn't medieval times, so the average person can expect to live longer than 25 years before dropping dead from old age and/or plague, hence a lack of need to marry and breed so young. Also connected, infant mortality is much lower, so the lack of need to squeeze in mass breeding in their short lives.

Anywho, its still abit creepy. And I'm guessing the player hero is about the queen's age or younger, given its a JRPG.

SomeUnregPunk

Jan 15, 2009
hansari said:
Sorry guys...but there is no commentary out there on FF12 that can be funnier than this...http://www.gameintestine.com/guides/final-fantasy-xii/ffxii-title-screen.html
your right, this is funnier than the loadingreadyrun's version.

"and a pair of Tyra Banks clones hurry on their way to work at the Playboy mansion. "

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
Possibly the best Unskipable scene I witness. It's so much fun to make fun of video game cutscenes.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Acid part and when Paul started humming on the chocobo tunes was priceless.

Hmm, we need a cutscene with both Russel the Crow and Barry the Goat that too would be priceless...

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
swaki said:
oh god that was hilarious, i almost fell out of my chair at the acid joke.
It sounded like Paul was about to as well when he was making it. Probably the closest one of those two came to cracking up in dialogue.
Lots of giant Jar-jars in that parade, but the bunny girls get my vote!

atomicmrpelly

Apr 23, 2009
Fed up of seeing archers hold their bows at jaunty angles cos it looks cooler. No archer ever hit their target holding their bow at 45 degrees.