Unskippable: Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Oh crap... that actually looked awesome 0.0 I want to play this one now... but it's gonna be a while til I get around to it.

I wonder if Noel is gonna be in it... whatever the heck is going on with Serah has me intrigued.

EDIT: To those who are wondering; if you finished XIII but not XIII-2 then you're still not gonna have a snowflakes chance in hell of comprehending what's going on here. Even those that have played both are very lost.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
[sarcasm]Oh, boy! Lightning's back! One of the least engaging video game protagonists ever. And as impractically scantily-clad to boot![/sarcasm] But seriously, who's glad she's back? I mean, I didn't ask for this, SO WHO FREAKING DID?!

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Okay I think I get it.
1. Snow is bad, but has a romantic past with Lighting.
2. Lightning is better at fighting, she's the Mary Sue here, but is also grumpy.
3. The kid throwing pink lightning is being controlled by an external force to end the world.

So far I don't know who's the good guy, maybe the kid? Why is Lightning so grumpy? Why is the world ending?

MatParker116

Feb 4, 2009
Evil Smurf said:
Okay I think I get it.
1. Snow is bad, but has a romantic past with Lighting.
2. Lightning is better at fighting, she's the Mary Sue here, but is also grumpy.
3. The kid throwing pink lightning is being controlled by an external force to end the world.

So far I don't know who's the good guy, maybe the kid? Why is Lightning so grumpy? Why is the world ending?
No that kids lightning.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
...Ok, I'm just gonna grab Drakengard 3 instead because at this rate it's stories going to make more sense.

Plus, it looks to be more interesting:

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
Mikeyfell said:
And what ever happened to Ali Hillis anyway? She was really good in Mass Effect 1. Did she have a lobotomy between ME1 and FFXIII?
The line "We were brought back without emotions to get the job done" is something they actually say in the game.

Possibly slightly paraphrased because I really don't want to bother looking through three hours of Youtube or Twitch footage to find it exactly, but yeah.

Prime_Hunter_H01 said:
Actors play the role they are given, so blame her flatness on the fact that after the tutorial it is revealed that Lightning was made emotionless.

And as someone who actually likes the FF XIII trilogy, I still call bull on that.
That's an excuse for Final Fantasy 13 but what about Liara?
was she brought back without emotions too?

Her method acting for FFXIII is bleeding over into all her other work.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Mikeyfell said:
shrekfan246 said:
Mikeyfell said:
And what ever happened to Ali Hillis anyway? She was really good in Mass Effect 1. Did she have a lobotomy between ME1 and FFXIII?
The line "We were brought back without emotions to get the job done" is something they actually say in the game.

Possibly slightly paraphrased because I really don't want to bother looking through three hours of Youtube or Twitch footage to find it exactly, but yeah.

Prime_Hunter_H01 said:
Actors play the role they are given, so blame her flatness on the fact that after the tutorial it is revealed that Lightning was made emotionless.

And as someone who actually likes the FF XIII trilogy, I still call bull on that.
That's an excuse for Final Fantasy 13 but what about Liara?
was she brought back without emotions too?

Her method acting for FFXIII is bleeding over into all her other work.

Urgh. Dude... Mass Effect 3 is dead and gone. Let it go.

shikakuzetsumei

Apr 23, 2013
Infernai said:
...Ok, I'm just gonna grab Drakengard 3 instead because at this rate it's stories going to make more sense.

But... Drakengard 2 didn't make a whole lot of sense either.

Neither did Drakengard if I remember correctly, it's been years since I played.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
shikakuzetsumei said:
Infernai said:

But... Drakengard 2 didn't make a whole lot of sense either.

Neither did Drakengard if I remember correctly, it's been years since I played.
Sad part is it's still easier to follow then 13 at this point.

However, I will admit Drakengard is a half cup of batshit mixed with a teaspoon of what the everloving fuck, but on a basic level it's still able to be followed.

It also helps if you just pretend Drakengard 2 never happened because the original team wasn't involved in making it. In-fact, Enix basically made sure they weren't because they wanted to tone down the dark stuff and make it more "Safe". It explains an AWFUL lot about Drakengard 2. However, I will admit the scene with Caim and Angelus (As well as their boss fights) were legitimately good, the gameplay mechanics were at-least a step up from Drakengard 1 and the soundtrack wasn't bad. Still, just consider DG2 non-canon and just go with Nier being the sequel to Drakengard 1. It hurts much less that way.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Not only did they redress her in her sleep they also gave her breast augmentation. Now that is creepy dont you agree graham?

Urh

Oct 9, 2010
"I actually have no idea"

Final Fantasy XIII's entire plot summarised in one sentence.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
"I'm going to sulk in my wallpaper"
Greatest teen sulk ever!