Unskippable: Game of Thrones

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Game of Thrones

In the game of thrones, you win or you die. Sometimes both!

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
At 5:16, why does his eye glow? It might be some weird fluke of the lighting engine, but on my life all I could think of was the Millennium Eye.

Also, you LRR guys should be prepared for the vicious tongue-lashing you are about to receive from the Internet for saying the game was based off of "a great show" rather than the books.

Apr 17, 2009
Also, you LRR guys should be prepared for the vicious tongue-lashing you are about to receive from the Internet for saying the game was based off of "a great show" rather than the books.
Yeah but lets face it the game is not based on the books. Its totally just piggybacking the success of the show

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderous Cacophony said:
At 5:16, why does his eye glow? It might be some weird fluke of the lighting engine, but on my life all I could think of was the Millennium Eye.

Prepare yourself...backlash is coming.

(Sorry...had to say it.)

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
And only one character is smart enough to wear a hood in the land of constant snow.

That dog looks exactly like the war hound from Dragon Age.

caleb451

Nov 19, 2010
Did...did anyone else see a clip show video that was a commercial for the other shows on the Escapist, or was that just me?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Considering the time between when they announced the game and this video, it doesn't seem like a whole lot of effort was put in to it.

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
caleb451 said:
Did...did anyone else see a clip show video that was a commercial for the other shows on the Escapist, or was that just me?
Does this happen on every show, and are you watching the videos via the website?

Or... Did you leave the video page open for several hours before watching the video?

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Eldritch Warlord said:
kailus13 said:
That dog looks exactly like the war hound from Dragon Age.
It looks like they lifted everything in the game from Dragon Age: Origins.
I played through this game twice and I have to say that it was made by Bioware fans, for Bioware fans. It doesn't reach Bioware-level quality but I enjoyed it very much.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
The big thing that happened which reset the year counters to zero was Aegon landing in Westeros with frickin dragons and conquering the crap out of everyone.

geier

Oct 15, 2010
I'm not really a graphic whore, but do the graphics only look outdated for me?
Also, for me it looks more like a crossover from the Witcher and Two worlds (Armor and shoulder pads especially).

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
LORE TIME: It is Year 298 because that's how long it's been since the Targaryens unified the Seven Kingdoms into one. They were all independent before. Hence, the reset to a '1st year'.
Also, there are no Purgatories (I don't think). I think Varys was binging on Milk of the poppy that night.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
I've never played this game, although I hold a mild interest in it due to the story.

Aside from everything else, this video makes me realize the voice acting for this game is distinctly unimpressive...

Shame, seeing as the story is meant to be the strong point. You'd think they'd go for good delivery.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Man, Castle Black have some serious PR issues
Maybe renaming it into Castle Glorious would be good way to make impression a bit better