Unskippable: Genji: Days of the Blade

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Was it just me or was the one with the very british accent(didn't catch his name) the only one? Everyone else was like stereotypical Engrish, while he was britshy.

And agree on the part that if everyone was named Bob or Ted, the intro would be shorter. Good one guys.

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
This video disturbed me... And here is why. I actually understood the opening. I actually understood their painfully rudimentary reasoning for the bad guys. And that one guy didn't sound British to me, he sounded like their typical young Asian accent. I think I might need to sit down. Oh... Right...

This is why I tend to dislike Japanese storytelling in rpgs. They pretty much just babbled that the enemy used the Divine Power for "naughtyness" and then they had demons now. Two lines, three lines tops, to justify a genocide. Ugh.

That said, it looked like it might be fun to play. XD

Great job as always guys.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
The game is basically forcing you to choose a side and program you to think their bad guys by having them hire demons to kill the not-Heishi's. Great job guys!

WolfmanNougat

May 14, 2009
Half of the cast sounded like Japanese people putting on high class British accents... or vice versa, in fact.

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
This game was sure funny. Weird story introduction.
Really good today guys. Awesome show.

Once again, 2 great parts:
"Oh, there is na actual flute player. I though that was just how Japan sounded like at night"

"eh, what the?! You guys have all swords too and you let me kill'em? Oh F.. God damn it!"

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Thing is, this is actually the only reason a lot of games give - the enemies are evil "because we say so". The tomb needs to be robbed and all their corpses looted "because we say so". We need to control the megadeath weapon of ultimate destruction "because we say so".

You know, I'm fairly certain that all the guards that the player slaughters through the course of a game are these because someone else "said so".

This is also why I like Crackdown so much - you go through the entire thing believeing that you're good because your boss "says so", and then at the end, it turns out that he's evil, and you've just been doing his bidding. A fact that will apparently be completely ignored in Crackdown 2

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Thanks for pointing out that this game promotes genocide XD

How can the Heiji be all that bad if they gots a hot chick like that slaying guards! hehe

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Younger brother, once he spoke, reminded me of Orlando Bloom. When they should have probably been going for Daniel Dae Kim. At least the accent would be correct.
DTWolfwood said:
Thanks for pointing out that this game promotes genocide XD

How can the Heiji be all that bad if they gots a hot chick like that slaying guards! hehe
If Genocide was being perpetrated by hot chicks, I would totally be switching sides!
I got some Ninja Scroll vibes from this vid, but knew deep down, it was nowhere near being as good. Too bad for the game, but oh so awesome for Unskippable! Thanks G&P!

Hold, and down...

Lordpils

Aug 3, 2009
Doug said:
Brilliant - and you're right, the guy does sound British putting on a Japanese accent. Also, why are Brito-Japanese people engaging in ethnic genocide?
That's a damn good question! You're supposed to be the good guys, but you're commiting genocide? What the hell?

JDviewer

Mar 3, 2009
Stabby McRunfast said:
Loved the Dreamworks reference. Great job.
Same here. Very good Unskippable this week. There were an awful amount of cliches in this cutscene, good to point them out.