Unskippable: Genji: Days of the Blade

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
great video, guys
the jokes really got to me this time lol
and as always, I love Star Wars references xD

ChillinMargrave

May 18, 2009
Well done, it most certainly livened up the japanese gibbering I hardly understood a squat of their overly long names of uncomprehended meaning.
And how come the guards failed so hard a single human being managed to eliminate both before they even drawed their bloody swords.

Otherwise, good stuff, good stuff.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Nice work, as usual. Loved the bit about "evil porpoises", and also how they commented on whether the other side were //really// the bad guys or not.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
"Cleverly disguised San Andreas expansion."
Hee hee. Although this cutscene had me thinking it was a cleverly disguised Onimusha game.

And did anyone one else think that one guy looked like a Japanese Orlando Bloom? and the main character guy looked kinda like Elija Wood? With a cast like that, I'd almost call this a Japanese Lord of the Rings, except I don't recall there being genocide in Lord of the Rings. ...at least not being done by the "good guys" anyway.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
History is written by the victors. The Genji won and thus became commonly accepted as the good guys in that conflict. It is not the game's invention.

Kingsman

Feb 5, 2009
Japanese night flute music, Cappelle the Soother, and ancient Japanese Death Star were all win.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Oh! Oh! I get Japanese cliches, sword fights too fast to follow AND a barely comprehensible plot? Sign me up!

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
I had to stop the video just to laugh at the "they killed the dreamworks boy!" bit.

Oh man, I've been a fan since day one and always enjoy your work, but this was one of the best in a while.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
vivaldiscool said:
Best one in weeks, the jokes were really snappy.
yea this one made me laugh more than any one I've seen in months. as much as I like to see someone taking the piss out of big titles, you guys are best when the cutscenes are truely cheesy. and brother (from another mother), this shit was so cheesy my headphones have mold growing in them!

Zapdk

Jul 8, 2009
man there are so many great jokes in this one that its difficult to pick the best, but I think it would be the ancient Japanese death star

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
I loved this:
"Oh my god, they killed the kid from the Dreamworks logo. Bastards!"
That was hilarious, well done again!

Shoqiyqa

Mar 31, 2009
Next game in the series: you play one of the poor schmucks caught up in the middle of all this reciprocal oppression and genocide and have to somehow get your village's population out alive and set up and defend a new home somewhere else, starting with only rudimentary knowledge of farming and simple construction.

It's actually the next in the Age of Empires series too, only you don't get to / have to command the battles in such detail, instead having to fight through them.

Hikaru CF

May 28, 2009
''We already have Capell the soother''
''Oh my God you killed the kid from the dreamworks logo!''

One of the best unskippables there is.

DanHibiki

Aug 5, 2009
For the record, the Ancient Japanese Death-star is a giant metal ball that you roll over your enemy.