Unskippable: Genji: Days of the Blade

speedbat

Oct 6, 2009
Furburt said:
The amount of Japanese words in the opening part of the cinematic had me going 'what?' half the time. 'Cleverly diguised San Andreas Expansion?' was also funny.
I agree, the whole opening had me going "what?" with every other word being Japanese or a Japanese name...

I am AFK

Sep 20, 2009
well I gese this stuf is what we have to put up with seeing as how Japan is the bigest game contrey in the world, hiring people who cant be under stood.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
"I'll leave at once; this is me leaving now"
For some reason that just cracked me up. Good job guys.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
I avoided these videos before. I don't know why. I just started watching them (a few now) and these are fantastic.

Sort of like Mystery Science Theater 3000. Really great stuff.

Xelien

Oct 22, 2008
omg guys the California joke was so horrible....yet Im still laughing :p

Great video, its always fun to laugh at cliche-y things

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
I am AFK said:
well I gese this stuf is what we have to put up with seeing as how Japan is the bigest game contrey in the world, hiring people who cant be under stood.
Hey, Japan is only the second-largest game developer, sitting between US and Canada [http://www.financialpost.com/careers/story.html?id=1426917] in terms of the number of people employed in the industry.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Woodsey said:
GrahamS said:
Woodsey said:
Maybe we could have some more mainstream games? I know, I know, booo to me I like western games.
Perhaps games like Too Human? Prototype? Red Faction?
How about a plate-full of looking like a nob for me? xD
No worries! Just giving you a hard time.

Pantsyfaust

Oct 9, 2009
So what is this Amahagane or A-ham-and-cheese or whatever the hell?

Besides a patently obvious MacGuffin, of course.

NoriYuki Sato

May 26, 2009
very well done guys, as usual of course..my favorite lines still have to be "And yet, the Armadillo." and "This is what happens when you run Firefox."

i'd love to see an Elder Scrolls one done...that'd just be awesome..even a Fallout..doesn't matter which for any of them..it's just be so awesome to hear them put those amazing intro's in their place =D

..'course i'm happy with anything they do =P..gotta love these guys

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
The opening was not understandable at all. Half of the words were Japanese, had me going "WTF?" all the time.

lifestorm2

Mar 28, 2004
I actually know the history behind the story of Yoshitsune no Yamamoto...but I'm not as sympathetic to genocidal samurai lords when demons are involved and history is butchered.

At any rate, that was one of the most hilarious unskippables I've watched.

adahlfin

Jul 13, 2009
The Heishi are *obviously* evil. Only in a MegaTen game do "good guys" summon demons to fight with them.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
The game spells it Heishi & pronounces it Haishi, & his name is pronounced Youshitsuni & spelled Yoshitsune. & those awful accents.... Way to go, UK voiceover team.

pumasuit

Aug 7, 2009
Long in-game movie aside, this game's greatest sin is insulting its audience by thinking the gamer won't pick up on the two different pronunciations of 'Heishi", one being HAY she and the other being HIGH she. And people are paid money to see this game become a reality. Who was the surpervisor for voice work? They should no longer have a job.
And why Graham and Paul didn't rip that apart, I do not know.

Shoqiyqa

Mar 31, 2009
Hey, she's a Haitian!

All this talk of "ethnic genocide" is making me wonder what other kinds there are.

ShotgunSmoke

Apr 19, 2009
This is probably the best Unskippable EVER.

I laughed at every single remark.

"I don't mean to be racially insensitive, but WHAT?"

"Is he British?"

"That was my "swift end to them" music, did you like it? I had it comissioned."

Brilliant work.