Unskippable: God of War: Ascension

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
God of War: Ascension

Kratos once again finds himself in a bit of a sticky situation.

Watch Video

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
So I didn't know Kratos was into creepy bug ladies. I guess he'd get along great with Kerrigan. ...or maybe not.

Jan 12, 2012
Those are some pretty shoddy chains if they can be broken by punching the chainee. You'd imagine people whose whole existence is "capture anyone who breaks an oath, including gods and monsters, and torture them for eternity" would have a better restraint system.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Kratos vs Big Bang? Well that would be an unfair fight! Big Bang is also a name of an South Korean boy band.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Scarim Coral said:
Kratos vs Big Bang? Well that would be an unfair fight! Big Bang is also a name of an South Korean boy band.
By Greek mythology standards, the Big Bang was a "cosmic egg" lay down by a hermaphroditic snake. So it would really be just Kratos fighting a giant egg.

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
Scarim Coral said:
By Greek mythology standards, the Big Bang was a "cosmic egg" lay down by a hermaphroditic snake. So it would really be just Kratos fighting a giant egg.
OR...it could involve him fighting the snake that laid the giant egg!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Don Reba said:
That was a pretty decent Bane. Good job.
Agreed. I laughed my ass off at the Bane voice and Bane comment! Although, when does this game take place relative to the others? Before I? After III? I'd like to know who Kratos pissed off this time to wind up in chains (again).

Keith Fraser

Mar 12, 2012
The narration is pretty generic, but I like the art style of the prologue. (Which gives this game something in common with Atelier Meruru, scarily enough.)

Edit:
Darth_Payn said:
Although, when does this game take place relative to the others? Before I? After III?
Before I, according to Wikipedia.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I keep thinking of Kratos beating the crap out of the Big Bang, then when he's almost killed it he looks for something to impale it on and there is nothing because the Big Bang is all matter in the universe, so Kratos is like :C

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Graham. Paul. I am slightly disappoint.
You both missed the opportunity to point out how much deodorant companies would make off that arms-on-arms dude!

"Can't escape. Guess I'll stare at my junk. It's the only thing that gives me comfort."
I think I laughed more at that line than I should've.... Was it wrong to do that?

Oh, and Kratos fighting the Big Bang? Well... We COULD go further back and have Kratos fight Galan before he was Galactus... right?

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
"I heard Washington had like... 30 God damn arms."

Wow I never actually thought anyone would reference that old video.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
orangeapples said:
Kratos vs the Big Bang? Where is your god now Science?
Desperately hoping Kratos doesn't press X in time.

Personally, I'd rather see Kratos vs The Big Bang Theory.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Graham_LRR said:
God of War: Ascension

Kratos once again finds himself in a bit of a sticky situation.

Watch Video
not to correct you ... but pretty sure if the thing Kratos is killing takes a day hike to get to it's knee, he's less scared and more irate, well MORE irate then normal