Unskippable: Halo 3: ODST

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
4,296
0
0
Halo 3: ODST

Graham and Paul meet a crack team of space pirates military specialists that seem to fall for everything.

Watch Video
 

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
4,296
0
0
"the captain has turned on the oh shit we're going to die button"

that part made me LOL

I love the resident evil 5 joke and UN joke as well

why does ODSTs have weird names?? Romeo,Dutch and O'Brian
 

zombie711

New member
Aug 17, 2009
1,505
0
0
the falling part was the best because THAT would be how I would act. Also now I know why they dont rate online
 

JSW

New member
Oct 7, 2009
93
0
0
Wow, that was some of the most jerky character animation I've ever seen in a video game. Is the rest of the Halo series that bad?
 

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
584
0
0
I enjoyed the bit about the "oh shit light" But it definatly wasn't my favorite. overall not bad though.
Nathen Filion does play himself very well. now that you mention it... Eh 5th not bad...
 

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
795
0
0
Ah, I was worried you wouldn't say anything about Fillion, but you came through during the credits.
 

Catchy Slogan

New member
Jun 17, 2009
1,933
0
0
" Why don't you just cut the sexual tension with tha knife"

HA! Laughing all the way through this one. Hilarious.

Especially the "it saves money on voice actors. The cast of Firefly was expensive."
 

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
4,296
0
0
canadamus_prime said:
So would this be the 6th time you died?
no that Rookie does live and you have to play as him but during the game you play flashbacks of your other ODSTs
 

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
1,650
0
0
This was one of the best in a while.
Even the cutscene provided its own comedy. "We're going in hard!"
 

Patroclus

New member
Sep 28, 2009
55
0
0
There were so many great jokes in this one! I think my favorite would have to be:
"Did you see what kind of armor she was wearing?"
"I wasn't looking at her armor--(graham) I was looking at her breasts!"

but again, there were just so many good jokes, it's hard to pick a favorite xD
 

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
14,334
0
0
ForgottenPr0digy said:
canadamus_prime said:
So would this be the 6th time you died?
no that Rookie does live and you have to play as him but during the game you play flashbacks of your other ODSTs
I figured that, but if you'd have watched previous Unskippables you'd have gotten the joke.
 

Zhandarr

New member
Apr 15, 2009
189
0
0
Yeah, great stuff guys, keep 'em coming. I laughed so hard at the calmness of Grahams voice when he said "As you can see, the captain has lit the "Oh shit we're going to die" sign".

Brilliant. I considered ZP and Unskippable to be equal in hilarity, but I'm beginning to warm to Unskippable more.
 

Balmarog

New member
Nov 19, 2009
16
0
0
I've yet to play the game...but that cutscene made the ODST guys seem really not as badass as they're portrayed to be in the books.
 

Woodsey

New member
Aug 9, 2009
14,553
0
0
Best yet I think - and dear God, the animation is AWFUL. The faces look like a solid block of wood with a hinge on the jaw and painted in face colours.
 

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
4,107
0
0
Just watching this makes me realize how terrible of an ODST I would be. My crippling fear of high places would make me soil myself every time we made a drop.

And I just wouldn't be as effective in combat if I have soiled myself.
 

Brotherofwill

New member
Jan 25, 2009
2,566
0
0
Wow, the dialogue was almost as bad as Killzone 2. Makes me wonder why so many people like the story and characters of the franchise. Dialogue/ Animation any better in the other Halos?
 

RyVal

New member
May 19, 2009
156
0
0
Probably one of the best Unskippable episodes for quite a while.

I especially liked the fact that the gag to success ratio was kept very consistent.

And my God, while GamesRadar did describe Nathan Fillion's character as a melted action doll version of himself, I had no idea the cutscene animation and graphics were so mediocre in ODST; it was like watching Thunderbirds.
 

PaulaG

New member
Jun 16, 2009
87
0
0
Newo said:
So is this the famous browncoat army Mel was in?
Nice....

Good show! "And as an added safety feature, the first guy down puts up a trampoline" lol excellent
 

Tombrend

New member
Jun 19, 2008
9
0
0
Excellent video as usual. Was it just me or did the commander or whatever he was look a lot like Nathan Fillion?
 

Punisher A.J.

New member
Nov 18, 2009
445
0
0
This is your captain speaking just saying that to your left is not Miami but the left wing. Also the no smoking sign is lit and in just a few minutes we will turn it off. Once the Oh shit we are going to die button lights up feel free to panic. The evenings specials are chicken, beef stew, and fish... thank you and if you survive remember to fly Jamacian air lines. "don't worry....be happy"
 

Cosplay Horatio

New member
May 19, 2009
1,145
0
0
Even though I got to play it I never took the time to see the opening cut scene. Now I've seen it and in a much better way than on its own. Thanks Graham and Paul!
 

RTR

New member
Mar 22, 2008
1,351
0
0
With the exception of the rookie, I find all of the ODSTs to be douchebags.
Nice to see this game join the Unskippable pantheon.
 

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
5,630
0
0
Brilliant lol. "On that note can I also mention that I am also afraid of...Falllling!"

Epic

And yeah...he does look a little like Nathan Fillion XD I noticed that too!
 

Destroy Gundam

New member
Feb 20, 2009
101
0
0
"Huh. That was a short game."

"Yeah."

I liked this one quite a bit. But for a next-gen game, the graphics didn't seem too high-end.
 

Syntax Error

New member
Sep 7, 2008
2,323
0
0
"They should release all this aggression with a dance fight"

Been watching Hellsing: Abridged, much?
 

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
10,237
0
0
Is it just me or was Captain Reynolds and Caprica Six in that cutscene?
 

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
4,296
0
0
Hapetiitti said:
Wow. I gotta say, that was one of the best ones you guys have made.
Agreed

"How do they not know about Earth?"
"It's a secret. ... See they heard you!"
 

Captain Pancake

New member
May 20, 2009
3,453
0
0
To the rookie, *ahem*

[HEADING=2]Wasted.[/HEADING]

You know, I wasn't aware how old Adam Baldwin is. He's just a year younger than my parents, yet he looks damn good for a 47/48 year old.
 

CD repo man

New member
Sep 10, 2009
109
0
0
That was a good episode, i gotta say. I wish i had an "Oh shit, we're going to die" sign. I'd use it irresponsibly and at inappropriate times...like at a hospital or old folks home.
 

Orcus The Ultimate

New member
Nov 22, 2009
3,216
0
0
maybe because Serenity wasn't that action-based-for-the-hardcore-halo-fan who just wants to shoot things and blow stuff up! XD
 

Distorted Stu

New member
Sep 22, 2009
4,229
0
0
The character animations in that opening reminds me of toy story. They were either too jerky or comical!

Anyway, nice episode. Loved the "oh shit we gonna die" button :p
 

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
5,202
0
0
Kuliani said:
Ah, I was worried you wouldn't say anything about Fillion, but you came through during the credits.
What, did you miss the joke about the Rookie's silence?

Dutch: Now's the time it pays to be one of those strong, silent types. *hands over SMG*

Narrator: *cracks joke about Firefly actors being expensive*

Anyway, I enjoyed this episode.
 

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
795
0
0
scotth266 said:
Kuliani said:
Ah, I was worried you wouldn't say anything about Fillion, but you came through during the credits.
What, did you miss the joke about the Rookie's silence?

Dutch: Now's the time it pays to be one of those strong, silent types. *hands over SMG*

Narrator: *cracks joke about Firefly actors being expensive*

Anyway, I enjoyed this episode.
I think he said "voice acting", I didn't get the feeling he was implying Firefly specifically.
 

Bakfiets

New member
Feb 18, 2009
23
0
0
The clogs why is it always about the clogs there's more to us that wooden footwear :)

great episode anyways made me chuckle.
 

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
5,202
0
0
Kuliani said:
scotth266 said:
Kuliani said:
Ah, I was worried you wouldn't say anything about Fillion, but you came through during the credits.
What, did you miss the joke about the Rookie's silence?

Dutch: Now's the time it pays to be one of those strong, silent types. *hands over SMG*

Narrator: *cracks joke about Firefly actors being expensive*

Anyway, I enjoyed this episode.
I think he said "voice acting", I didn't get the feeling he was implying Firefly specifically.
Check the video at 3:50, matey.

:D
 

Captain Kail

New member
Sep 24, 2009
24
0
0
canadamus_prime said:
So would this be the 6th time you died?

Edit: oops, I mean 5th time.
I was wondering that at the end too. I was like "wait for it...wait for it. Aww, they didn't say it."

I long lost track, so I just assume "that was the (n)th time I died."
 

Bediz

New member
Apr 20, 2009
124
0
0
"He's gonna need that knife to cut through the sexual tension."

Didn't even notice the knife until that line. Had to back it up because I missed the next portion of the video from laughing too much. Well done!
 

The Great JT

New member
Oct 6, 2008
3,721
0
0
A female character who doesn't show cleavage or thighs?! Inconcievable!

I'm surprised you didn't make a joke about that.
 

Smudge91

New member
Jul 30, 2009
916
0
0
Hahaha this is one of my favourite episodes.
Especially the part of,
"the pilot has turned on the oh shit button"
 

SantoUno

New member
Aug 13, 2009
2,583
0
0
capacollo said:
Good one. Had to force myself to not laugh out load at work...
Me too, was watching this on campus and I didn't want to laugh too hard and look weird to the people sitting around me at a lounge.
 

IamQ

New member
Mar 29, 2009
5,226
0
0
Definetly one of your greater videos. No super awesomes lines in this one, instead everything is delivered equally.
 

samsonguy920

New member
Mar 24, 2009
2,921
0
0
Planes should have an 'Oh shit we are going to die' sign. May as well be honest. I'd rather go out with honesty. And it may just make me laugh. Like this Unskippable did.
 

Aedes

New member
Sep 11, 2009
566
0
0
Oh my, this episode was brilliant. I loved every single bit of it.

Best part: "On that note can I also mention that I am also afraid of...Falllling!"
 

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
4,296
0
0
canadamus_prime said:
ForgottenPr0digy said:
canadamus_prime said:
So would this be the 6th time you died?
no that Rookie does live and you have to play as him but during the game you play flashbacks of your other ODSTs
I figured that, but if you'd have watched previous Unskippables you'd have gotten the joke.
I know the joke

I've watch every single unskiappable episode
 

Aesir23

New member
Jul 2, 2009
2,861
0
0
Brotherofwill said:
Wow, the dialogue was almost as bad as Killzone 2. Makes me wonder why so many people like the story and characters of the franchise. Dialogue/ Animation any better in the other Halos?
Ehhhh, not really.
 

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
14,334
0
0
ForgottenPr0digy said:
canadamus_prime said:
ForgottenPr0digy said:
canadamus_prime said:
So would this be the 6th time you died?
no that Rookie does live and you have to play as him but during the game you play flashbacks of your other ODSTs
I figured that, but if you'd have watched previous Unskippables you'd have gotten the joke.
I know the joke

I've watch every single unskiappable episode
So if you got the joke then why'd you feel the need to point out that the Rookie lives then?
 

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
4,296
0
0
canadamus_prime said:
ForgottenPr0digy said:
canadamus_prime said:
ForgottenPr0digy said:
canadamus_prime said:
So would this be the 6th time you died?
no that Rookie does live and you have to play as him but during the game you play flashbacks of your other ODSTs
I figured that, but if you'd have watched previous Unskippables you'd have gotten the joke.
I know the joke

I've watch every single unskiappable episode
So if you got the joke then why'd you feel the need to point out that the Rookie lives then?
because he doesn't die at all in that cut scene. Its not like the others where you thought for a second the main character dies. In Halo the main character never dies
 

duchaked

New member
Dec 25, 2008
4,451
0
0
ugh Halo haters everywhere, at least the CoD haters are sometimes tasteful

but no, I definitely laughed at the last joke with "huh, that WAS a short game" hahaha
 

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
12,093
0
0
When that guy said "You know the music, time to dance" I was fully expecting something along the lines of "One, two, cha-cha-cha."
But it was amusing none the less.
 

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
14,334
0
0
ForgottenPr0digy said:
canadamus_prime said:
ForgottenPr0digy said:
canadamus_prime said:
ForgottenPr0digy said:
canadamus_prime said:
So would this be the 6th time you died?
no that Rookie does live and you have to play as him but during the game you play flashbacks of your other ODSTs
I figured that, but if you'd have watched previous Unskippables you'd have gotten the joke.
I know the joke

I've watch every single unskiappable episode
So if you got the joke then why'd you feel the need to point out that the Rookie lives then?
because he doesn't die at all in that cut scene. Its not like the others where you thought for a second the main character dies. In Halo the main character never dies
Still seemed appropriate to me.
 

whaleswiththumbs

New member
Feb 13, 2009
1,462
0
0
ForgottenPr0digy said:
"the captain has turned on the oh shit we're going to die button"

that part made me LOL

I love the resident evil 5 joke and UN joke as well

why does ODSTs have weird names?? Romeo,Dutch and O'Brian
O'Brian isn't THAT weird. considering theres someone named Major Damage..

"Wow this is an awful lot of tech to just burn up"

That was horribly amazing how i never realized that till now.
 

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
4,296
0
0
whaleswiththumbs said:
ForgottenPr0digy said:
"the captain has turned on the oh shit we're going to die button"

that part made me LOL

I love the resident evil 5 joke and UN joke as well

why does ODSTs have weird names?? Romeo,Dutch and O'Brian
O'Brian isn't THAT weird. considering theres someone named Major Damage..

"Wow this is an awful lot of tech to just burn up"

That was horribly amazing how i never realized that till now.
true i forgot about Major damage and heavy civilian casualties
 

XenoPenumbra

God of Nothingness
Jul 24, 2008
43
0
0
That lol was god damn beutiful

nicely done, i had to watch 3 more times cause it was so funny
 

Skeleon

New member
Nov 2, 2007
5,410
0
0
Oi, is that guy at 2:43 Mal from Firefly?!
EDIT: Huh, from the rest of the video and the text below it, I guess it really is.
 

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
869
0
0
More planes should have shit-we-are-going-to-die signs.

Oh, but the short game joke is oooooooold.
 

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
5,265
0
0
Destroy Gundam said:
"Huh. That was a short game."

"Yeah."

I liked this one quite a bit. But for a next-gen game, the graphics didn't seem too high-end.
a good game dosnt need good graphics, good gameplay and story is what sells it for me =)
 

emh204

New member
Oct 20, 2008
103
0
0
that was good realy good like the endding "attention passengers as u can see the captian just turned on the O !#[email protected] were gona die button"

also if u look real close near the ship u can see In Amber Clad (which for thouse of u who dont know the chief there for u were on in the second game) fly in close to the carrier
 

emh204

New member
Oct 20, 2008
103
0
0
arc1991 said:
Destroy Gundam said:
"Huh. That was a short game."

"Yeah."

I liked this one quite a bit. But for a next-gen game, the graphics didn't seem too high-end.
a good game dosnt need good graphics, good gameplay and story is what sells it for me =)
i agree with arc1991 on this games dont have to look realistic all the time some games like crackdown can be good without photo realism
 

eframson

New member
Nov 30, 2009
18
0
0
Hah, that's Microsoft's modus operandi: what you lack in substance, make up for with style. And including Jayne and Mal is about as stylish as you can get without having one of their characters say "Looks like the Covenant just destroyed FOX headquarters. Maybe we should give 'em a medal?"

Anti-Microsoft complaints aside, great job LRR. "And that was the fifth time I died" was exactly what I was thinking at the end, hehe.
 

Ixal

New member
Mar 19, 2008
173
0
0
Really funny.

But the animation is very bad. I expect those kind of exaggerated movements from The Sims, but not from any type of halfway serious game.

By the way, when you are fighting an alien species whats the logic to station your elite soldiers on a space station orbiting earth, ready to catapult away from the enemy?
 

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
4,296
0
0
quick question??

when the black space marine hands that ODST a shotgun and the ODST pushed it aside why did Graham go "ewwww no"

I don't get that joke???
 

Tdc2182

New member
May 21, 2009
3,623
0
0
JSW said:
Wow, that was some of the most jerky character animation I've ever seen in a video game. Is the rest of the Halo series that bad?
Thank you so much. Every movement they make is so overdone, its rediculous.
 

Versipellis

New member
Jul 29, 2009
47
0
0
CounterAttack said:
When that guy said "You know the music, time to dance" I was fully expecting something along the lines of "One, two, cha-cha-cha."
But it was amusing none the less.
Sometimes, the jokes just write themselves - no help needed.

I'm not sure if I'm just in advanced Desert Bus withdrawal, but this one was funnier than usual. Aaaah fangirling.
 

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
11,499
954
118
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Gender
✅
Wait. You mean that ODST doesn't stand for "Orbital Deployment of Stationary Trampolines"? Damn, I really must not have been paying attention during Halo 1 and 2.

"We belong to Odst. And we are the Odstest of the Odst."
 

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
4,296
0
0
That was excellent.
I love Nathan Fillion, and it amuses me that his character is modeled on himself.
 

awsome117

New member
Jan 27, 2009
937
0
0
Ixal said:
Really funny.

But the animation is very bad. I expect those kind of exaggerated movements from The Sims, but not from any type of halfway serious game.

By the way, when you are fighting an alien species whats the logic to station your elite soldiers on a space station orbiting earth, ready to catapult away from the enemy?
I don't see how the graphics are bad.

Well, they are ground troops, so sending them to fight on the ground would be the most useful thing to do with them. I mean, you could send them into space, but they would just float there and wouldn't really do much...
 

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
4,296
0
0
did some one joust ejaculate firefly all over a halo game? ... wow my head hurts!
still was rly good unskippable keep up the good work!
 

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
4,296
0
0
Well done, I enjoyed it.
I think that this episode is the gem of your series.
 

Carlston

New member
Apr 8, 2008
1,554
0
0
GrahamS said:
Halo 3: ODST

Graham and Paul meet a crack team of space pirates military specialists that seem to fall for everything.

Watch Video

Just makes me wonder where the minds of the MST3k cast are all today...

Well obvious ones aside.
 

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
8,379
0
0
What he said during the drop was pretty much everything that was going through my mind when I first played that. Funny that.
But seriously. I thought that was funny, considerably shorter than some previous cutscenes these guys have taken on (given that on average a Halo cutscene lasts about five minutes) but nonetheless it was entertaining. I wonder if they'll ever do a cutscene from Wet.

EDIT: However while this was entertaining, it still isn't the best you've ever done. Right now I'm more of a fan of the Lost Odyssey one and the Onimusha 3 one.
 

pfloriani

New member
Jul 24, 2009
34
0
0
Vrex360 said:
EDIT: However while this was entertaining, it still isn't the best you've ever done. Right now I'm more of a fan of the Lost Odyssey one and the Onimusha 3 one.
Those are two of my favorites, too. Graham and Paul really go to town on the implausible fast-paced sword action scenes.

The "we're going to die sign" gag could easily have fallen flat, but the timing and delivery were dead on. Kudos.

Oh, and for those who missed Desert Bus, it's not only a great effort of philanthropy, it's fun on a stick for the viewer. I'm hoping that there will be another one next year, and you should too.
 

WastedHero

New member
Jan 14, 2009
136
0
0
Okay, am I the only one that is bugged by the weird amount of inflection that Nathan Fillion put on "...find your chairs and get SHHHET for a combat drop." ? I thought that would be prime for a Sean Connery joke right there.
 

Aptspire

New member
Mar 13, 2008
2,064
0
0
You could use it as a centerpiece...or to hit people in the head with it XD
 

Tikicobra

New member
May 21, 2009
8
0
0
How could you not end it with "That was the 5th time I died"?!! It was so obvious!

Still, a funny episode. That animation is crap.
 

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
2,623
0
0
ForgottenPr0digy said:
canadamus_prime said:
So would this be the 6th time you died?
no that Rookie does live and you have to play as him but during the game you play flashbacks of your other ODSTs
Spoilers!

Oh, and the "Oh shit, we're going to die" button was awesome. Kudos to this Unskippable!
 

Garaw

New member
Sep 22, 2009
239
0
0
WastedHero said:
Okay, am I the only one that is bugged by the weird amount of inflection that Nathan Fillion put on "...find your chairs and get SHHHET for a combat drop." ? I thought that would be prime for a Sean Connery joke right there.
Nathan Fillion playing a hardassed veteran is a stretch even on a good day. Maybe it's because the first time I saw him was in Saving Private Ryan.
 

Meark

New member
Oct 24, 2009
11
0
0
Can't believe no one has brought this Serenity reference into the discussion:

Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then - explode.
 

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Apr 9, 2020
1,654
2
13
Country
Australia
Gender
Male
canadamus_prime said:
So would this be the 6th time you died?

Edit: oops, I mean 5th time.
I can't believe they didn't use that line. I was expecting it from the start :(
 

AliciaPeck

New member
Nov 4, 2009
7
0
0
wow, really good episode, although most are good, this one seemed particularly hilarious
 

lordswift1

New member
Sep 7, 2009
26
0
0
Meark said:
Can't believe no one has brought this Serenity reference into the discussion:

Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then - explode.
I was about to put that. They should of made that joke. Would of been awesome. When i played it, that is exactly what i thought. I loved the game personally. good to have three of my firefly crew together again in something. Also i found it quite funny that they were placed in the exact same roles as in firefly sorta.
 

Firia

New member
Sep 17, 2007
1,945
0
0
Hehe!

Yaknow, I wish I could play this game just for the Firefly guys. I mean, Nathan makes me giggle foolishly. I could forgive every problem in the game if only he'd reprise his role as Malcolm Reynolds. :3
 

Firia

New member
Sep 17, 2007
1,945
0
0
lordswift1 said:
Meark said:
Can't believe no one has brought this Serenity reference into the discussion:

Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then - explode.
I was about to put that. They should of made that joke. Would of been awesome. When i played it, that is exactly what i thought. I loved the game personally. good to have three of my firefly crew together again in something. Also i found it quite funny that they were placed in the exact same roles as in firefly sorta.
Personally, I hope they got some talking time in there, and were like, "lets hound Whedone to get the crew back together again." :) One would hope, anyway.
 

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
4,296
0
0
ShadowsofHope said:
ForgottenPr0digy said:
canadamus_prime said:
So would this be the 6th time you died?
no that Rookie does live and you have to play as him but during the game you play flashbacks of your other ODSTs
Spoilers!

Oh, and the "Oh shit, we're going to die" button was awesome. Kudos to this Unskippable!
technically that is spoiler because Bungie them selves told you that was going to happen before the game was released
 

Sauko

New member
Nov 12, 2009
8
0
0
"What are they going to do? Form a subcommittee to look into covenant related issues?" *laughs*

I always get a kick out the UN jokes. It's quite amusing when a lot of video games view the future UN to be some supranational entity that has the muscle to back up their decisions. Space Command? They have a hodgepodge of treaties that they call their Space Covenant! Are they really going to have a UN Space Command, or is that the futuristic replacement of the Security Council?
 

mechanixis

New member
Oct 16, 2009
1,136
0
0
"Who was that?"
"Miz Naval Intelligence."
["She hangs out with Major Damage and Heavy Civilian Casualties."]

"What the hell kind of armor was she wearing?"
"I wasn't looking at her gear..."
["...I was looking at her breasts."
"They were covered with her gear."
"I KNOW."]

I have to agree that this is one of the better Unskippables we've seen in a while, the timing was excellent and the above bits had me absolutely in stitches. Especially the blunt, smug way Graham said "breasts."
 

Woem

New member
May 28, 2009
2,879
0
0
Hapetiitti said:
Wow. I gotta say, that was one of the best ones you guys have made.
I completely agree. And that game's intro lended itself perfectly for it.

- You know the music, time to dance.
- Pass that Dutch!

 

Robby Foxfur

New member
Sep 1, 2009
404
0
0
ForgottenPr0digy said:
"the captain has turned on the oh shit we're going to die button"

that part made me LOL

I love the resident evil 5 joke and UN joke as well

why does ODSTs have weird names?? Romeo,Dutch and O'Brian
Graham and Paul do it again! Now everytime i'm dropping in the pod i'm gonna start laughing.
 

Dragon_Nexus

New member
Jul 17, 2008
45
0
0
I'm surprised...knowing how that cutscene ended I was totally expecting
"...and that was the 8th time I died"
 

Meark

New member
Oct 24, 2009
11
0
0
lordswift1 said:
Meark said:
Can't believe no one has brought this Serenity reference into the discussion:

Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then - explode.
I was about to put that. They should of made that joke. Would of been awesome. When i played it, that is exactly what i thought. I loved the game personally. good to have three of my firefly crew together again in something. Also i found it quite funny that they were placed in the exact same roles as in firefly sorta.

They kinda did in the best way they could without copyright infringment.
 

Jaebird

New member
Aug 19, 2008
1,298
0
0
The next badge from this had better be called "Private Buttercup," or so help me I will pout all day long =P
 

orangeapples

New member
Aug 1, 2009
1,836
0
0
I love the people talking about the bad animation. These guys are in armor designed to survive a drop from orbit, you are not going to have the best range of motion. I think that is more realistic than the ragdoll movements of other armored soldiers.

And as for the faces, that why they have helmets. It makes animating faces easier. :p
 

shotfun9

New member
Jun 19, 2008
71
0
0
When I saw that cutscene and you just start to drop, imagine that jerky feeling you get on rollercoasters and those freefall rides. Now imagine that from SPACE.

I was terrified.
 

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
4,296
0
0
Robby Foxfur said:
ForgottenPr0digy said:
"the captain has turned on the oh shit we're going to die button"

that part made me LOL

I love the resident evil 5 joke and UN joke as well

why does ODSTs have weird names?? Romeo,Dutch and O'Brian
Graham and Paul do it again! Now everytime i'm dropping in the pod i'm gonna start laughing.
when I play this game I'm going to make fun it just like graham and Paul
 

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
1,988
0
0
Great Vid

Also: the had a point about the pods. That was alot of tech in that pod to just waste everytime they drop in. unless they had a UNSC: ODST recycling service.
 

TheKnightOne

New member
Aug 4, 2009
2
0
0
Why does everyone think this is funny? I will watch this every now and then in hopes that they MIGHT come up with some funny material. And that every now and then I watch it is met with disappointment- I end up wanting to watch the cutscene without the two douchebags trying desperately to make witty comments about what is happening in it. Hell- even ENN is starting to get toward the lame end of the lineup they have on this site. I think these guys either need to pick up their game in a big way or just go back to running loadingreadyrun. Aparrently that was somewhat entertaining.
 

onelifecrisis

New member
Mar 1, 2009
165
0
0
Another good one. My favourite bits:
"it's a very confusing meeting"
"the 'oh shit, we're going to die' button"
Keep it up guys!
 

OZITOMAI

New member
Jul 8, 2009
216
0
0
its been awhile since ive seen such great vid from you two 5/5 stars

"as you can see the captian and pressed the 'oh shit were going to die button'"

best as
 

bachterman

New member
Mar 12, 2009
31
0
0
every flying dinghy needs an "oh shit we're going to die!" sign. :D

this was one of your best.
 

ma55ter_fett

New member
Oct 6, 2009
2,078
0
0
it was well done, considering the material why wouldn't it be. =D

ya to be honest that cutsceen in odst was pretty subpar when I first saw it and it hasn't improved much, you think they could have done more with such a great cast of voice actors.
 

YoUnG205

Ugh!...
Oct 13, 2009
884
0
0
it was good but nothing yet has been able to compete with the devil may cry one that was by far the funniest
 

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
708
0
0
It's just a pity that Adam Baldwin has turned out to be such a right-ring nutbag.

TheKnightOne said:
Why does everyone think this is funny? I will watch this every now and then in hopes that they MIGHT come up with some funny material. And that every now and then I watch it is met with disappointment- I end up wanting to watch the cutscene without the two douchebags trying desperately to make witty comments about what is happening in it. Hell- even ENN is starting to get toward the lame end of the lineup they have on this site. I think these guys either need to pick up their game in a big way or just go back to running loadingreadyrun. Aparrently that was somewhat entertaining.
There's a right way and a wrong way to provide criticisms here at the Escapist, son. Yours is the wrong way.

A lot of people enjoy Unskippable, which is why it's continuing to run - myself included, and I'm a hard man to please. Throwing about deconstructive criticisms and calling the creators 'douchebags' isn't exactly what's needed here. We're not YouTube, after all.
 

AvsJoe

New member
May 28, 2009
9,055
0
0
Perfect opportunity to reuse the recurring "that was the nth time I died" joke wasted. I'm filling up with anger and...

...

...

... oh crap, I'm turning into one of those fans. Umm ... uhh ... [small]awk - ward[/small] ...... uhh ...

...

...

*meekly* good episode guys... *unenthusiastic thumbs up* ... great job ... on the ... thing ...

... yeahhh, I'ma go now ... before I embarrass myself ... even further ... [small]if that's even possible[/small] ...
 

Redratson

New member
Jun 23, 2009
376
0
0
DeathWyrmNexus said:
ForgottenPr0digy said:
"the captain has turned on the oh shit we're going to die button"

that part made me LOL
Ya, I cracked up there too. XD
i was laughin really hard at that line XD best line in the whole clip.
 

Lord Krunk

New member
Mar 3, 2008
4,809
0
0
JSW said:
Wow, that was some of the most jerky character animation I've ever seen in a video game. Is the rest of the Halo series that bad?
No, actually. I don't know why, but the characters of ODST (and their designs) are a lot more cartoonish than the trilogy.

Mind you, I've never seen an episode of Firefly in my life. So I couldn't really say whether it was intentional or not.
 

Shoqiyqa

New member
Mar 31, 2009
1,266
0
0
Flashbacks to Quake 2? Surely flashbacks to Starship Troopers!

emh204 said:
also if u look real close near the ship u can see In Amber Clad (which for thouse of u who dont know the chief there for u were on in the second game) fly in close to the carrier
......... WHAT?

The military rank is Private, abbreviated to Pte. Privet is a plant used for hedges.

It's ridiculous not redicolous.
 

hansari

New member
May 31, 2009
1,256
0
0
Hilarious...at [3:15] when you go "eww no!", I burst out laughing....
 

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
17,776
0
0
TheKnightOne said:
Why does everyone think this is funny? I will watch this every now and then in hopes that they MIGHT come up with some funny material. And that every now and then I watch it is met with disappointment- I end up wanting to watch the cutscene without the two douchebags trying desperately to make witty comments about what is happening in it. Hell- even ENN is starting to get toward the lame end of the lineup they have on this site. I think these guys either need to pick up their game in a big way or just go back to running loadingreadyrun. Aparrently that was somewhat entertaining.
I would have to agree here, I was told to watch this by a buddy because it was 'the most hilarious one yet'.

I didn't even smile once through the whole vid. I have never once laughed at this show.

It's too obvious. The lines are well written and would be funny in the right hands, but the contrived, clenched throat 'funny' voices just make it sound lame and amateur. Oh well.
 

Somethingfake

New member
Oct 22, 2008
316
0
0
Jbird said:
The next badge from this had better be called "Private Buttercup," or so help me I will pout all day long =P
Oh please let the next badge be this! Oh please, oh please, oh please!
 

Meatwad555

New member
Mar 27, 2009
16
0
0
JSW said:
Wow, that was some of the most jerky character animation I've ever seen in a video game. Is the rest of the Halo series that bad?
Exactly what I was thinking. The animations were terrible.
 

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
5,265
0
0
Meatwad555 said:
JSW said:
Wow, that was some of the most jerky character animation I've ever seen in a video game. Is the rest of the Halo series that bad?
Exactly what I was thinking. The animations were terrible.
no way are they jerky =S cant see one jerky motion. i personally think its the video because on console the animation is fine
 

Mydnyght

New member
Feb 17, 2010
714
0
0
You're right, Paul. How can TV reception still suck so bad 500 years from now? T^T
 

TechniMan

New member
Apr 1, 2010
6
0
0
On the subject of Nathan Fillion, I've found that Graham Stark often seems to be a lot like him, for instance in a lot of the LoadingReadyRun videos, such as in the post-credit scene of 'Scientist's Rebuttal to ICP'. Anyone else see this, or just me?

I was also waiting for the 'And that was the 5th time I died...', but he's missed quite a few potential victims for that line.
 
Aug 19, 2010
611
0
0
Tombrend said:
Excellent video as usual. Was it just me or did the commander or whatever he was look a lot like Nathan Fillion?
act,sound and look like him.
this just made me watch the whole firefly series again
 

Ohlookit'sMatty

New member
Sep 11, 2008
951
0
0
My Gods the Animation in this video was very bounce // Remember me of older xbox games (and I don't mean the 360) like psychomauts

-M