Unskippable: Halo 3: ODST

lordswift1

Sep 7, 2009
Meark said:
Can't believe no one has brought this Serenity reference into the discussion:

Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then - explode.
I was about to put that. They should of made that joke. Would of been awesome. When i played it, that is exactly what i thought. I loved the game personally. good to have three of my firefly crew together again in something. Also i found it quite funny that they were placed in the exact same roles as in firefly sorta.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Hehe!

Yaknow, I wish I could play this game just for the Firefly guys. I mean, Nathan makes me giggle foolishly. I could forgive every problem in the game if only he'd reprise his role as Malcolm Reynolds. :3

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
lordswift1 said:
Meark said:

Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then - explode.
I was about to put that. They should of made that joke. Would of been awesome. When i played it, that is exactly what i thought. I loved the game personally. good to have three of my firefly crew together again in something. Also i found it quite funny that they were placed in the exact same roles as in firefly sorta.
Personally, I hope they got some talking time in there, and were like, "lets hound Whedone to get the crew back together again." :) One would hope, anyway.

Sauko

Nov 12, 2009
"What are they going to do? Form a subcommittee to look into covenant related issues?" *laughs*

I always get a kick out the UN jokes. It's quite amusing when a lot of video games view the future UN to be some supranational entity that has the muscle to back up their decisions. Space Command? They have a hodgepodge of treaties that they call their Space Covenant! Are they really going to have a UN Space Command, or is that the futuristic replacement of the Security Council?

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
"Who was that?"
"Miz Naval Intelligence."
["She hangs out with Major Damage and Heavy Civilian Casualties."]

"What the hell kind of armor was she wearing?"
"I wasn't looking at her gear..."
["...I was looking at her breasts."
"They were covered with her gear."
"I KNOW."]

I have to agree that this is one of the better Unskippables we've seen in a while, the timing was excellent and the above bits had me absolutely in stitches. Especially the blunt, smug way Graham said "breasts."

Woem

May 28, 2009
Hapetiitti said:
Wow. I gotta say, that was one of the best ones you guys have made.
I completely agree. And that game's intro lended itself perfectly for it.

- You know the music, time to dance.
- Pass that Dutch!

Robby Foxfur

Sep 1, 2009
ForgottenPr0digy said:
"the captain has turned on the oh shit we're going to die button"

that part made me LOL

I love the resident evil 5 joke and UN joke as well

why does ODSTs have weird names?? Romeo,Dutch and O'Brian
Graham and Paul do it again! Now everytime i'm dropping in the pod i'm gonna start laughing.

Dragon_Nexus

Jul 17, 2008
I'm surprised...knowing how that cutscene ended I was totally expecting
"...and that was the 8th time I died"

Meark

Oct 24, 2009
lordswift1 said:
Meark said:

They kinda did in the best way they could without copyright infringment.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
The next badge from this had better be called "Private Buttercup," or so help me I will pout all day long =P

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
I love the people talking about the bad animation. These guys are in armor designed to survive a drop from orbit, you are not going to have the best range of motion. I think that is more realistic than the ragdoll movements of other armored soldiers.

And as for the faces, that why they have helmets. It makes animating faces easier. :p