Unskippable: Halo 3: ODST

shotfun9

Jun 19, 2008
When I saw that cutscene and you just start to drop, imagine that jerky feeling you get on rollercoasters and those freefall rides. Now imagine that from SPACE.

I was terrified.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Great Vid

Also: the had a point about the pods. That was alot of tech in that pod to just waste everytime they drop in. unless they had a UNSC: ODST recycling service.

TheKnightOne

Aug 4, 2009
Why does everyone think this is funny? I will watch this every now and then in hopes that they MIGHT come up with some funny material. And that every now and then I watch it is met with disappointment- I end up wanting to watch the cutscene without the two douchebags trying desperately to make witty comments about what is happening in it. Hell- even ENN is starting to get toward the lame end of the lineup they have on this site. I think these guys either need to pick up their game in a big way or just go back to running loadingreadyrun. Aparrently that was somewhat entertaining.

onelifecrisis

Mar 1, 2009
Another good one. My favourite bits:
"it's a very confusing meeting"
"the 'oh shit, we're going to die' button"
Keep it up guys!

OZITOMAI

Jul 8, 2009
its been awhile since ive seen such great vid from you two 5/5 stars

"as you can see the captian and pressed the 'oh shit were going to die button'"

best as

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
it was well done, considering the material why wouldn't it be. =D

ya to be honest that cutsceen in odst was pretty subpar when I first saw it and it hasn't improved much, you think they could have done more with such a great cast of voice actors.

YoUnG205

Ugh!...
Oct 13, 2009
it was good but nothing yet has been able to compete with the devil may cry one that was by far the funniest

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
It's just a pity that Adam Baldwin has turned out to be such a right-ring nutbag.

TheKnightOne said:
Why does everyone think this is funny? I will watch this every now and then in hopes that they MIGHT come up with some funny material. And that every now and then I watch it is met with disappointment- I end up wanting to watch the cutscene without the two douchebags trying desperately to make witty comments about what is happening in it. Hell- even ENN is starting to get toward the lame end of the lineup they have on this site. I think these guys either need to pick up their game in a big way or just go back to running loadingreadyrun. Aparrently that was somewhat entertaining.
There's a right way and a wrong way to provide criticisms here at the Escapist, son. Yours is the wrong way.

A lot of people enjoy Unskippable, which is why it's continuing to run - myself included, and I'm a hard man to please. Throwing about deconstructive criticisms and calling the creators 'douchebags' isn't exactly what's needed here. We're not YouTube, after all.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Perfect opportunity to reuse the recurring "that was the nth time I died" joke wasted. I'm filling up with anger and...

... oh crap, I'm turning into one of those fans. Umm ... uhh ... [small]awk - ward[/small] ...... uhh ...

*meekly* good episode guys... *unenthusiastic thumbs up* ... great job ... on the ... thing ...

... yeahhh, I'ma go now ... before I embarrass myself ... even further ... [small]if that's even possible[/small] ...

Redratson

Jun 23, 2009
DeathWyrmNexus said:
ForgottenPr0digy said:
"the captain has turned on the oh shit we're going to die button"

that part made me LOL
Ya, I cracked up there too. XD
i was laughin really hard at that line XD best line in the whole clip.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
JSW said:
Wow, that was some of the most jerky character animation I've ever seen in a video game. Is the rest of the Halo series that bad?
No, actually. I don't know why, but the characters of ODST (and their designs) are a lot more cartoonish than the trilogy.

Mind you, I've never seen an episode of Firefly in my life. So I couldn't really say whether it was intentional or not.

Shoqiyqa

Mar 31, 2009
Flashbacks to Quake 2? Surely flashbacks to Starship Troopers!

emh204 said:
also if u look real close near the ship u can see In Amber Clad (which for thouse of u who dont know the chief there for u were on in the second game) fly in close to the carrier
......... WHAT?

The military rank is Private, abbreviated to Pte. Privet is a plant used for hedges.

It's ridiculous not redicolous.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
TheKnightOne said:
I would have to agree here, I was told to watch this by a buddy because it was 'the most hilarious one yet'.

I didn't even smile once through the whole vid. I have never once laughed at this show.

It's too obvious. The lines are well written and would be funny in the right hands, but the contrived, clenched throat 'funny' voices just make it sound lame and amateur. Oh well.