Unskippable: Homefront

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Homefront

When Korea takes over America, they also kind of lose.

Watch Video

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
That cinematic seemed terrible on its own - almost not needing the commentary.

Although "Watch out for the ... oh" made me smile for the ridiculous apathy conveyed. I could play a whole game with someone that unflinching and uncaring for a main character.

"Oh, nuclear launch detected. That's a shame", "I caught all the Pokemon discovered [so far]. That's kind of cool"

EDIT: Obligatory "first" comment; to then be mocked for missing the valuable, coveted first place. How my Monday is more the poorer for missing it :(

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
My lord, some of the cheapest tactics to make you hate the enemies possible:
Faceless enemies, sinister lectures, parent murder, eye scanners. utterly ridiculous.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
That was eerily like an "It's a Small World" ride, in both perspective and story-telling subtleness

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Only five comments? Is the comment section broken or something?

BrotherRool said:
That was eerily like an "It's a Small World" ride, in both perspective and story-telling subtleness
HAHA! Excellent. I remember that day I went on that ride as a kid. Still wake up screaming.

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
Quite frankly, I don't think kicking a puppy would be indicative of the degree of evil that the developers were trying to get across. They'd have to strap it into a trebuchet or something. And have the counterbalance to the trebuchet be composed of dying kittens. Lava would probably also have to enter the equation at some point.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Kinda wished you'd done the opening sequence. That's where you learn that the Korean EMP weapon is so precise it stops right at the 49th parallel. Which is mighty neighbourly of them.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Haha, that Batman thing had me giggling. As for the scene itself - which is supposed to be so mightily horrifying - it all seems incredibly forced.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Woodsey said:
Haha, that Batman thing had me giggling. As for the scene itself - which is supposed to be so mightily horrifying - it all seems incredibly forced.
Ya. "Koreans are killing people and ruining your neighbourhood, DEAL WITH IT!"

Not much to add about this Intro tbh...boring and dull cutscene, sucked the life out of Graham and Pauls' Commentaries =(

Nashidar

Jun 2, 2010
randommaster said:
Wieke said:
The video said:
Now Playing: Legend of the guardians: The owls of Ga'Hool.
That can't be right.
Well, I've never played LotG, but everything looked as if owls were running the place, so it's fine.
ROFL. Ah well ...they are allowed to make some mistakes.

As long as they keep up the funny. :)

webrunner

Sep 23, 2009
Paul and Graham Go To White Castle would be an interesting movie.

It could do for nerds what Harold an Kumar did for stoners.

kab040

Oct 22, 2010
It's good to know, that when your country is occupied there will still be white castle.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Woodsey said:
Indeed.
I still don't know why they leave the small kid alive, instead of beating him to death with his father's body... That would have been eviler, right?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Wieke said:
The video said:
Now Playing: Legend of the guardians: The owls of Ga'Hool.
That can't be right.
I was going to point that out, but it looks like it's already been covered.

Also yeah thanks very much for the mental image guys. I'm going to nightmares tonight.

Nashidar

Jun 2, 2010
hermes200 said:
Woodsey said:
Indeed.
I still don't know why they leave the small kid alive, instead of beating him to death with his father's body... That would have been eviler, right?
No no. Eviler ...would be beating the father to death with the small kid alive ...possibly killing the kid in the process.

But more evil than that was the mental image they've given me. Thanks a bunch. :p