Unskippable: Hybrid Heaven

inquisitorJL

Nov 18, 2009
I have no idea what happened in that video. Funny comentary - but can anyone explain what actually happened?

I agree that the graphics looked a lot worse than I remembered in 2000, and I think that every time I play a game from that long ago.

Also, a reference to das Phailhaus. I am pleased.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
GrahamS said:
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Running out of recent(ish) games to make fun of? :p
Nope! Just thought it'd be funny.
It was. I got a chuckle out of it, and it was probably a perfect intro to make fun of for how little sense it made. I was just wondering why the sudden leap back in time.

Of course, pretty much anything is justifiable in the name of humor with a show like this.

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
The marriage thing wasn't funny for me but the rest was hillarious XD and I have amnesia.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
I can't decide which is worse: this game, with about a paragraph's worth of dialogue, or Zoids Assault, which is pretty much Filibuster: The Game.

That is, I'm talking about the games themselves, not the jokes.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
arc1991 said:
snowfox said:
Just think, 10 years from now we'll be looking at the games we play today like "Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!"

God I remember crapping my pants the first time I saw a character in a game have actual fingers instead of a cupped wing with textured fingers. How in awe I was when soldiers in call of duty pointed at things.
OMG that is how Mass effect 2 looked?!?! urgh it's horrible...back to Mass Effect 6 XD

hehe theirs me in 10 years...
"Little does our hero know that Bioware will be bought off by DUN dun dunnnnn.... Activision! *Gasp!*"

IanBrazen

Oct 17, 2008
sorry guys but I really dont find you very funny anymore. I used to laugh my head off at your old riffs,especially Run like hell, but lately your jokes just seem stale and overused.
You use too many references to other games and half the time they arent funny.
like how many times are you gonna say "and so Kratos cast himself from the highest mountain in Greece"

Sorry, I dont know what happened but I only get a chuckle an episode now, and thats not enough for me to keep watching.

UkibyTheMaid

Aug 11, 2009
The shower scene (that made little to no sense D=) reminded me of Heavy Rain. Right in the beginning.

I was "Lalalala... Take a shower and... Hellooooooo Ethan's cute bottom *beams*"

For a moment I was uncomfortable because my mom was with me when I was playing this part, but then she was "Damn, isn't he going to turn so we can see frontal?"

My mom rocks <3

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
Why this N64 game? Was it because it was the only one with an opening FMV long enough for this? Star Fox 64 was way funnier.

PeterDawson

Feb 10, 2009
I remember this game... I loved it. The plot is just the most hilarious yet awesome I've ever indulged in. In case anyone isn't aware, you play a member of the secret service who is disguised as a human-alien hybrid and must stop the hybrids and their monster-like army from taking over the world using a clone of the US president while at the same time making sure you meet up with your girlfriend as promised. It's like six different sci-fi and action game plots rolled into one. The gameplay was also interesting since it featured a mix of a fighting game with RPG elements, and it really wasn't that bad. The naked scene still bugs pretty much everyone though, and the graphics clearly haven't aged well. Ah well, rose-tinted glasses and whatnot.

grey_painter

Feb 10, 2009
It didn't occur to me until the post credits caption but the naked guy reminded me of Pauly D from Jersey Shore.

...and I'm slightly ashamed to admit that.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
This game occupies a special place in my heart... upon a shrine of pure hate. Y'see, I had an N64 back in the day, and I rented this game on a whim. I battled my way through nonsensical scenes and difficult-to-win fights, then after six tries finally brought down the last boss... only to have the game freeze immediately after. I reset the game to find out it had WIPED MY CONTROLLER PAK. I had saves from six or seven games on there, including all the secret levels in Doom 64! Grr.

A few months later, I re-rented it (I'm such a masochist) and played through it again while using an empty Pak. Beat the last boss and watched the ending scenes. Really, I hadn't been missing much, but you should've heard the victorious expletives I growled at the cartridge afterwards.

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
Sweet! Hybrid Heaven!

This game was a blast to play!

Unfortunately, as you have all seen, it was not a blast to watch. The plot was Konami's take on a combination of the alien body-snatcher conspiracy cliche and the superpowered-amnesiac-action-hero cliche. Complete with wrasslin' combo tree! That's right, as you leveled up in the game, you could do bigger and better combos, but instead of doing a Virtua Fighter button mash, you did each move one at a time and the action would pause mid-crunch for you to choose between suplex and knee-to-the-tenders.

... seriously, it's more fun than I make it sound, once you get a couple hours in.

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
firemark said:
Still amazing as always! Keep up the good work! It makes my Mondays suck less.
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Running out of recent(ish) games to make fun of? :p
Does it matter?

I'm still waiting for them to make fun of HAVEN: call of the king. its not confusing,but it DOES make you want to murder adorable creatures in response to watchin it.

also godawful VA...

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
I almost thought this was a PS1 game. Thank god for Google.
What made me laugh more was when he moved a couple of feet further after he slipped off the elevator.