Unskippable: InFamous Second Son, Part 1 - Weakly Fight the Power

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
InFamous Second Son, Part 1 - Weakly Fight the Power

It's hard to take on The Man when you're related to him.

Watch Video

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Ey, Max Payne did alright. He is enjoying the sunny beaches now! He's had it pretty swell.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Why do the graphics look like they are being generated by a potato?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Is that it? I thought it was "Second Sun" and it was about the theorised star in binary orbit with our sun that will wipe out life as we know it in 2012. This isn't an Assassin's Creed spinoff?

Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Joke at the end kinda loses something since Second Son is the third game.
Well, the second game was pretty Unrememorable.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Is that it? I thought it was "Second Sun" and it was about the theorised star in binary orbit with our sun that will wipe out life as we know it in 2012. This isn't an Assassin's Creed spinoff?

Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Joke at the end kinda loses something since Second Son is the third game.
Well, the second game was pretty Unrememorable.
You take that back! Infamous 2 was a million times better than this excuse for a game... Sucker Punch really dropped the ball on this one!
(Not really mad at you.... mad a Sucker Punch..... mutter mutter moan!)

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Maybe he should should stop vandalizing his brother's campaign posters over and over and over.
Also black smoke that gives you super powers? Awesome.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Thunderous Cacophony said:
canadamus_prime said:
Maybe he should should stop vandalizing his brother's campaign posters over and over and over.
Also black smoke that gives you super powers? Awesome.
All those people getting worked up over Constantine, and it turns out video games were the threat all along...
Uh oh. Don't tell Fox News. I can just see the headlines. "Video Games teaching your kids to smoke! Tonight at 11."

JSW

Oct 7, 2009
I was really hoping that this opening would explain how this game even exists given how Infamous 2 ended, but nope. Is this just meant to take place in a parallel universe to the PS3 games, with this new guy being the Barry Allen to the originals' Jay Garrick?

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
There is no behaviour you can't explain away with "Morris Dancers".

Why didn't smoke guy have handcuffs?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
putowtin said:
You take that back! Infamous 2 was a million times better than this excuse for a game... Sucker Punch really dropped the ball on this one!
(Not really mad at you.... mad a Sucker Punch..... mutter mutter moan!)
I honestly haven't played Saccharine Son, due to not having a PS4 or any real reason to buy one.

canadamus_prime said:
Uh oh. Don't tell Fox News. I can just see the headlines. "Video Games teaching your kids to smoke! Tonight at 11."
GTA taught me that smoking weed was as easy as hitting "right" on the D-Pad and that the effects would clear up by the time I hit my garage.

Given Glenn Beck's hacking fears and the claims that FPS teach kids how to handle weapons, that's probably accurate enough to start a crusade.

kailus13 said:

Morris Dancers.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
So there are still people running 'round all willy-nilly with superpowers, despite whatever Cole McGrath did in inFamous 2. I wonder at what point will the D.U.P. (couldn't think of a catchier acronym?) will deploy giant flying robots to catch them?

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
kailus13 said:

A little bit later, when you absorb that guy's memories (along with powers), you see, that he was looking for an opportunity to escape for a very long time, and as it happened, he got his hands on a makeshift lockpick just before the ride. He removed his cuffs, and was the guy responsible for the car crashing in the first place.

I don't get the hate for this game. Sure, maybe it's not that consistent as previous game, but it's still a pretty damn good sandbox game IMO. Lots of powers (I, for one, welcome our new neon and video overlords, you can do some really sweet stuff with that), and moving across the city isn't as flow-breaking as it was in previous games. It wasn't perfect, but it still was pretty damn fun.

coolerthanice21

Feb 23, 2010
JSW said:
I was really hoping that this opening would explain how this game even exists given how Infamous 2 ended, but nope. Is this just meant to take place in a parallel universe to the PS3 games, with this new guy being the Barry Allen to the originals' Jay Garrick?
They explain it later in the game.

It follows the good ending of Infamous 2 and the RFI apparently only killed like 99% (or 90%, I can't remember) of conduits, not the 100% they originally thought. It then activated the powers of the remaining 1% (or 10%).

JSW

Oct 7, 2009
coolerthanice21 said:
They explain it later in the game.

It follows the good ending of Infamous 2 and the RFI apparently only killed like 99% (or 90%, I can't remember) of conduits, not the 100% they originally thought. It then activated the powers of the remaining 1% (or 10%).
I was actually kind of hoping for a "Flash of Two Worlds" type deal, since it would fit with the comicbook inspirations for the series, but I suppose Infamous takes more of its cues from Marvel than it does DC, with the first game clearly riffing on Spider-Man (down to having a character who serves absolutely no purpose other than to be a J. Jonah Jameson stand-in) and the second taking cues from X-Men.