Unskippable: Jumper: Griffin's Story

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
That film was such a terrible, terrible waste of time. I hope Hayden Christensen never works again.

Shame the excellent Jamie Bell had to get dragged into it... I hear rumours of him connected to Tintin, so all's not lost :p

Great unskippable, guys! Giving that piece of poo the beating it deserves!

EDIT:

I move that this House would hang that voice actor for fucking up and destroying Bell's beautiful Liverpool Scouse accent by trying to sound Irish and coming across as an Australian with a speech impediment.

Random Wanderer

Apr 15, 2009
Ok, a game where you could freely teleport anywhere at will sounds like it would be fun. I'm guessing they screwed up on the "freely," "anywhere," and "at will" parts.

Or maybe it failed because the animation was pathetic, the art was made from paper cutouts cut from a comic book, the voice-acting was... less than stellar, and the story was unintelligible.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
antigodoflife said:
Distorted Stu said:
My GOD that was bad! (The game, not Unskippable, Unskippable can never be bad!)

Question, how can you make a death quick when you're using a police baton?!
Fast Way: "Ram the baton down his throat, and watch him choke to death"

Slow Way: "Given he doesn't enjoy it, there's two more orphus's downstairs. Once ripped to shreds with the police baton, you wait for the bacteria to slowly and painfully kill him."

or you know if he's less sadistic... "Break every bone in the body and finish off by smashing the baton through his skull, and turn his brain in to liquid."

or you know if he's less sadistic but I'm not good at slow non-sadistic murders with blunt objects.
Teleport so that the baton ends up inside the guy's head, preferably an area with lots of brain.

Mysticgamer

Apr 14, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
My GOD that was bad! (The game, not Unskippable, Unskippable can never be bad!)

Question, how can you make a death quick when you're using a police baton?!
Bash his head, he said he'd make quick, not painless.

Catalyst691

Jan 22, 2008
Le_Lisra said:
Movie and game completely passed me by.

Also - how can you effectively capture anyone who can smegging teleport? Plot holes, amirite?
To capture a "jumper" they first use cube-like things (forget what they're called) that keep the portal open so they can follow, and then they try to capture them using an electric baton, and some sort of anti-teleport net. Yeah, really. If you think about it, it still doesn't make much sense. :p

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Hubilub said:
"Hey, how do we make up for the Wii's graphics limitations?"

"Let's rip off InFamous!"

"Great! But just in case, let's take away the artsy and interesting aspects of that and just make it boring!"

"Great idea"
They can't take away things that inFamous never had in the first place though, so all they really did was just rip off inFamous... Which wasn't the first to do that kind of style anyway so it really isn't a rip off of inFamous at all. In fact, one of the games that did this before inFamous was actually this game here, the Jumper Griffin whatever it's called. So if anything, inFamous "ripped off" Jumper, but again not really as neither of them did it first anyway.

As for those scenes... Even with the commentary to help it not suck completely... Wow. That was just a mess. No idea what was going on there.

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
Not sure what to think of this game, but from what I've heard it's not that great, and this intro does seem pretty bad. The commentary of UnSkippable though was great ^~^!

Eponet

Nov 18, 2009
Furburt said:
cardinalwiggles said:
graham's irish accent is soo much better than the guys in the game. officially graham should go into voice over acting. i know someone he would beat, :p
Sadly, I have to agree with you, even though Grahams accent is pretty far off. That one in the game was atrocious.

What's up with that line where he says "If there's one thing I hate.." with that incredibly odd emphasis on the "hay" part of word? Nobody in Ireland talks like that! Is that even an Irish accent? It keeps lapsing into Liverpool. And then Newcastle! And then back to stereotypical Irish! What the hell?

Anyway, great video, as always.
Well, he did learn teleportation at a young age, maybe he was intended to have picked up all sorts of different accents.

MaxRaine

May 1, 2008
Since I'm lazy as well as lack the time to read the comments that has been made I might be repeating this.

The paladins were able to fight the jumpers because they had figured out a way to follow the jumpers through the holes they made in like... uhh... reality when they jumped. That is if I remember the movie correctly.

This was a very good Unskippable guys, keep it up!

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
How can something with a teleporting William DeFoe lookalike* be so bad? :(

*Is that actually supposed to be his likeness? I don't remember seeing him in any trailers for it.

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
Jesus that looks like a shit game. When are you guys going to do Red Dead Redemption? Those two old ladies on the train need to have the piss taken out of them.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Apparently the books are really good, but the movie was horrible. And ya'll are right, it actually could make for a really interesting and fun game. Too bad they didn't do that.

TETSUOrocks

Oct 20, 2009
The way the character talk reminds me of this Somethingawful cartoon: http://www.somethingawful.com/d/flash-tub/ghost-crime-cartoon.php