Unskippable: Jumper: Griffin's Story

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
AngelSword said:
Wow, not even Unskippable could make that enjoyable v_v
Yeah, I know you guys always do your best to give us a great episode but this is one of those games that's so crappy even you guys can't make it better to watch.

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
Furburt said:
I see. Perhaps he's putting far too much affectation on it, that's what confused me. He's stretching out the words, and making them garbled. So rather than having a messed up accent, he's just a bad voice actor.
I have to admit, it is far less slurred than standard smog-ish.

It's more Tee's Valley than anything else though, but if you want a standard on how we normally speak..

...Here. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQAXcMrJBqc&feature=related] And we do actually speak like that... I know, we're scum.

Nocta-Aeterna

Aug 3, 2009
The moment he said "my name is Griffin yadda yadda yadda", in combation with the cellos and Griffin sitting atop the ruin, all I heard was: "My name is Alex Mercer."

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
God, those cutscenes were horrible. They look good on a comic, but on a game? Ugh.

I also found that guy with the same expression for 20 years to be funny and true.

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
Furburt said:
What's up with that line where he says "If there's one thing I hate.." with that incredibly odd emphasis on the "hay" part of word? Nobody in Ireland talks like that! Is that even an Irish accent? It keeps lapsing into Liverpool. And then Newcastle! And then back to stereotypical Irish! What the hell?
So if someone on the wrong side of the pond wanted to do a British accent properly -- Scots, Irish, Welsh, English (and its sub-types) -- what learning path would you suggest?

WillSimplyBe

Mar 16, 2009
Think that was bad? The movie, and by extension, this game, make me want to remove my eyes with spoons as someone who read the book! They stomped all over the book, threw it in the mud, and then laughed, laughed like school yard bullies as the book cried and ran away. Half the crap in this they just made up on the spot!

There were no paladins in the book, nor was there even a "griffin" to be heard of. Hell, there besides the main character, THERE WERE NO OTHER JUMPERS! They took Davy(protagonist) and turned him from someone who constantly helped people, and turned him into a total d-bag! They took what was a great story about domestic and parental abuse and abandonment, a long lost mother, terrorism, and the dangers of alcoholism, and turned it into that... thing... that was in theaters...

I "HAEY"ted it enough to stop lurking on these forums. O_O
/fanrage
...*ahem*
xD anyway, funny as always, and looking forward to more unskippable scrotalities.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
This left me very confused. Who the hell would be stupid enough to waste resources trying to kill people who can teleport. For that matter, why can they teleport to begin with? Maybe I shouldn't think too much of any of this, but...well, I like things that make sense.

It was fun to watch, of course! I'm actually not sure if I love Unskippable more if you guys pick really bad (and therefore obscure) games, or if you rip the well known stuff to shreds (like MGS month). Anyway, keep up the good work, for Mondays require that extra bit of humour.

Cmichaels

Jul 14, 2010
Truly-A-Lie said:
I had such a hard time following that. I've even seen the movie, but those cutscenes make no sense. Chocolate bars and binoculars is a magical combo though.
Who doesn't want some sweets while stalking.

ohellynot

Jun 26, 2008
MatParker116 said:
Le_Lisra said:
Movie and game completely passed me by.

Also - how can you effectively capture anyone who can smegging teleport? Plot holes, amirite?
Some sort of extendo arm
Didn't they shoot them with an electric net gun. Yeaaaaah.
Also recieved the game as a gift. Sold it unwrapped for basically the reason showed in the video.

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
Blue-State said:
Even the animation has been done better. I saw the same style in an X-men mini series which I highly recommend: Astonishing X-men on Hulu. And they actually Show fight scenes.
The fight scenes have been cut because they're gameplay, and this is Unskippable. You'd see the fighting if you actually played the game. (I haven't, so I have no comment about it.)

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Surely an army of jumpers could easily kill all the Paladins by basically teleporting next to one. Grab him, and both teleport above an active volcano and the jumper teleports away leaving the Paladin to fall.

Man, I would make an awsome Jumper, and a brilliant cardigan.

Fa771n9

The Almighty Wrath of Burritos
Oct 13, 2009
DoctorHobo said:
Interesting; what made a bad movie and a terrible game, brought forth a fantastic Unskippable.
I wouldn't call it fantastic, seeing as the cut-scenes were so bad, but as always, Graham and Paul made a great job puting in as many jokes and smarky remarks as possible! The end cut off kinda dry though, just sayin'.

LesIsMore

Jul 22, 2008
Fun fact: this game was based on a film that was itself based on a book. It gets worse and worse as the adaptions advance, much like repeated photocopies or the tail end of a human centipede.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Protip: The cutscenes might not be the greatest, but the game itself is HORRIBLE.
Looks/plays like a PS2 title. Except that it's a 360 game.