Unskippable: Legendary

TundraWolf

Dec 6, 2008
Guys. I'm sorry to say it, but you missed out on a perfect opportunity to use a How I Met Your Mother homage.

No "Legen-- wait for it"? For shame.

Becoming Insane

Jun 18, 2008
Thechessdragon said:
How about the White Order? Tricks everyone up, especially when we continue to wear dark clothing.
Or the Octarine Order. Think about it.
You win twelve tasty beverages of your choice for bringing octarine into the discussion.

OT: Did anyone else think of Spoony's uh... rant/review... thing of FFVIII where he's like, "Here's a jar. BTW, it has THE DEVIL inside it!" Just a thought.

Scorpio3002

Aug 10, 2008
Interesting; the intro slide show art was true to the original Greek myth: Pandora's Jar. It was turned into a box during the renaissance.

fat american

Apr 2, 2008
Blue-State said:
So... What did the box do to him? Does he have special powers now? And who is the lady that was narrating? This cut scene just opens up a veritable Pandora's box of questions! ^_-
I had the misfortune to play this game and yes it gives him powers. I just saved you from a crappy game you're welcome.

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
Actually, this looks like a pretty fun game. There were moments when I was focusing more on the story than the commentary. I've actually wanted to pick it up for some time now, maybe sooner rather than later.

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
ForgottenPr0digy said:
the damn box look like a jar in prologue cutscene and why did the box stab him with a spike???
ask your self this why wouldn't the box that release all doom and destruction stab some one in the hand for trying to open it... its like the HEY RETARD DON'T DO THAT oh look what you did now!

ScruffyTJanitor

Mar 7, 2010
I'd just like to say it's a very interesting coincidence that unskippable chooses a game that's all about Pandora's box on the first day of a job I'm not entirely sure I wanted.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Now this is more like it, it's like after a sea of unwatchable video game cutscenes, we get to ones that are not only tolerable, but you come up with funny commentary to!

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
MB202 said:
Now this is more like it, it's like after a sea of unwatchable video game cutscenes, we get to ones that are not only tolerable, but you come up with funny commentary to!
The cutscene is more tolerable than the first 8 minutes of this game. It's only legendary in how badly it can screw up a game with a premise based on such incredible source material.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
SelectivelyEvil13 said:
MB202 said:
The cutscene is more tolerable than the first 8 minutes of this game. It's only legendary in how badly it can screw up a game with a premise based on such incredible source material.
No kidding? Well, I can't say I'm too surprised.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
MB202 said:
SelectivelyEvil13 said:
MB202 said:
Yeah, I rented it at Blockbuster with a game/movie pass, so it was no loss. I returned pretty much the next day or so, it was rife with lost potential marred by terrible design. The first area alone had the most frustrating enemy encounters that were designed to give you a migraine. They weren't even anything from Greek Mythology either, just some fire enemy from hell.

It would have been really cool to see a more capable developer take on the premise of a "Pandora's Box" scenario in modern times.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
SelectivelyEvil13 said:
MB202 said:
SelectivelyEvil13 said:
MB202 said:
Yeah, I rented it at Blockbuster with a game/movie pass, so it was no loss. I returned pretty much the next day or so, it was rife with lost potential marred by terrible design. The first area alone had the most frustrating enemy encounters that were designed to give you a migraine. They weren't even anything from Greek Mythology either, just some fire enemy from hell.

It would have been really cool to see a more capable developer take on the premise of a "Pandora's Box" scenario in modern times.
Again, I'm not too surprised. The look of the non-optional cutscene didn't look all that appealing and kind of cued me in on what this game would be like.

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
On a side note, please do not play this game. My aunt got it for me for Christmas, and it... it just goes to show that you should not trust your older relatives to purchase video games unless you're certain they are informed about the medium.

...Oh dear... Oh I get upset just thinking about the tediousness and general "the fuck?"-ness of it. You know how you get to the ladder, which is out of your reach because you are a sufferer of muscle atrophy and therefor cannot jump more than an inch, or climb a surface more than one foot? You have to lower some boxes by pulse-blasting these garbage cans full of water on the opposite lever.

...Yep. Doesn't sound so bad, to be honest, but it is when the garbage cans stand out less than the goddamn walls themselves. This was a game where everyone would've benefited from giving more money to the visual designers.

And gameplay designers.

And level designers.

And having money. Which I can only assume this game did not. And if it did, it has no excuse to be so terrible.

.../rant

That being said, I'm surprised they didn't talk about his Frankenstein's monster facial expressions. Seriously, the way his mouth stayed open in that "Arrgaghbrl" gape made me think he was going to screen like the headless body of Agnew every four seconds.